“My new favorite place!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Sandwich, Massachusetts
“My new favorite place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2010

My husband and I (and two other couples) had never been to the Sonoma area, and were at a loss where to stay. I found the Vintners Inn while doing an online search, and it looked like a nice place, so we took a chance. After I booked it, I had read some mixed reviews, which made me a little nervous. I can assure you, this place is fantastic, and I would highly recommend it to anyone I know. Beautiful grounds, beatiful rooms, coffee everwhere (they know the way to my heart!), and a bottle of wine waiting for you in your room. The smell of jasmine was everywhere, and it's my first order of business to plant some now that I'm home.

Several reviews had mentioned the power plant across the street and the fact that it's just off 101 -- two things I assure you you won't notice once you drive through the gates. Not even worth a mention - so don't worry!

We started each day with a beatiful, relaxing run through the vineyard on the property and a fantastic (and free!) continental breakfast. Plenty of food to get your day started -- and the pasteries were delicious.

I travel quite a bit on business, so have grown a bit more particular over the years. We truly couldn't have asked for more. It exceeded our expectations in every way.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2010

We booked this Inn with Travel zoo. This was our first time visiting Sonoma/ Wine country. We were delighted with the looks of the grounds as we drove in the entrance to check in. Vintners Inn is everything they say they are. We stayed 2 nights on the first floor and the room was very clean, the bed was very comfy with lots of pillows just the way I like it. We had a small patio over looking the vineyards although it was rather cold to sit outside. The rooms are very comfortable. If I ever go again I'd spend the extra money and stay upstairs in one of the fireplace rooms. You can hear if anyone is staying in the room above you so if your a real light sleeper you'd want to stay on the 2nd floor. They only had someone in the room above us for one night and it really wasn't that bad.
Every night they come in and turned down your bed and they left my husband and I each a cookie, that was a nice touch. We had appetizers and drinks during happy hour in the restaurant on the grounds. They have nice specials during happy hr on their appetizers and Martinis. We ate dinner and we enjoyed it very much. Another added touch, every morning they have coffee set up in the foyer of your building so just walk out of your room and you can make a nice cup of coffee to take back to your room before you get ready to go have your continental breakfast . Lovey setup, homemade danishes, fresh fruit, cereals and yogurt. The Grounds are very well kept, they have very helpful staff and they are all very nice. I don't really have any negative comments. You won't be sorry if you stay here.
Travelers from Fort Myers, FL.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Pompton Lakes, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2010

My husband and I discovered this Hotel thru Travelzoo. We wanted something central to Napa and Sonoma without the Napa prices. The location is perfect for bouncing over the mountain to Napa and heading out to Santa Rosa, Healdsburg and anywhere else. The hotel staff was friendly, our room was large and nicely appointed with a wonderful view of the courtyard fountain, the grounds well-kept, i and the John Ash Restaurant cuisine was wonderful . The continental breakfast was included in our package and was very nice with fruits, pastrys, cheese, cereals and juices. The only negative was that our TV went on the fritz and the hotel failed to corrent the problem. Fortunately we had some DVDs with us. Overall, a very pleasant stay and would definitely recommend if visiting wine country.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Santa Rosa, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2010

I stayed at Vintners Inn for my nieces wedding and must say it was such a great location. We had a great time, the food was outstanding and the customer service was great. I am not sure if the photographer was part of the hotel or not but be got this link from my niece showing photos from her wedding at Vintners Inn in Santa Rosa. http://VintnersInnPhotography.com

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Sacramento, Ca 95817
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2009

We were in a fireplace room with the view of the vineyards. Because we were on the 2nd floor, there of course were stairs only, no elevator. Hard getting all your baggage up and down by yourself as there was no one to find your room but you. Before we spent much time in the room, we headed off to dinner around 6 pm in Healdsburg, which, because it was after Christmas, seemed like restaurants were mostly closed. We went back to the John Ash & Co. restaurant, on the hotel grounds for dessert. In the restroom there was literally no hot water. I let the water run for 5 minutes - nothing. I wondered how the employees washed their hands. Back at the room later, there was a nice, small bottle of white wine - and that's it. I never saw the turn down service, cookies, etc. We had to light the one small "Duraflame" type Log (really!) in the fireplace which smoked a great deal leaving the room with a slightly waxy smell until the following day. I went to wash my hands and face, and again, literally no hot water in the room. I again let the water run for 5 minutes, nothing. By this time I just gave up and went to bed. The bed was comfortable and the room quiet. The next morning I went to the continental breakfast. There were juices and a small variety of cold cerals, fruit and cheese, yougurt and cottage cheese, croissants and rolls. I'll just say the coffee was just ok, the tea was Tazo - ymm, and the food limited but fresh. We checked out at noon, but check-in is late (4 pm). I can say I enjoyed the travel and getaway, but sorry, I think this place is way overrated!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2009

We stayed for 1 night. The room was very comfortable. I'm surprise how quiet the room is, even the Inn is located next to the hwy and air traffic area.

It was a nice touch for the bottle of wine and bed turn down service w/ cookies.

We had a great dinner. Good food and excellent wine pairing. Love the root beer ice cream w/ port wine. Amazing combination!

The wine glasses were dirty and the server replaced it right away. The server brought out a red wine instead of the white for my main course. The dinner room was a bit too hot with the fire place running.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
dlderse
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

The hotel is a great value and a great location. Rooms are large and very comfortable.
John Ash Co is right next door which makes having dinner or breakfast a treat, so yummy! This was our second visit to the hotel and would without hesitation return to it. Location is super for visiting all of Sonoma county and Napa Valley. Suggest going over to Jenner for Dinner at Rivers End!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Vintners Inn? Share your experiences!