“What a gem!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Palm Desert, California
“What a gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We booked a travelzoo package and we could not be happier with our experience! What a romantic property and the room was outstanding and the bed -- fabulous! We had our own patio with seating that felt very private. We enjoyed dinner next to the fireplace at John Ash and breakfast the next morning was outstanding! Thank you for a great experience.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Mountain View, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I have been in other hotels in Santa Rosa and this is by far the most beautiful. Stay there if only for one night. Our room had this lovely view to the vineyards. The food in the breakfast was a little pricey and not spectacular, but my overall experience is very positive.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Jackson, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I'm tempted to give the Vintner's Inn one star and a savage review because I want to keep it a secret and ensure that they'll have availability on my next trip. But I won't. Truthfully, the Vintner's In is a fantastic place to stay in Sonoma County.

I regularly visit the area, and typically stay in Healdsburg. For this trip (October 2012), I had business meetings in Santa Rosa, so I thought I'd stay closer to where we were meeting. I found the Vintners Inn on TripAdvisor and I'm happy to report that it lived up to the reviews.

The setting is fantastic, even as close as it is to Hwy 101. You can almost pick grapes from some of the rooms, and the inn is a short drive from restaurants and stores. The rooms are comfortable and well-appointed with a lot of space. I had a ground-floor room which accessed a private, partially-screened patio. There is a pool and hot tub separate from the buildings with the rooms.

If you're familiar with the area and plan to visit wineries, this is a great choice.

A final note with respect to the staff. On the day I left, I checked out at about 6:00 a.m. and drove 4 hours north to have lunch with my grandmother. After a few hours with her, I made the 5 hour drive south to San Francisco. At SFO, after I cleared security and as I put surprises for the kids in my carry-on bag, I had the dreaded "oh no" moment as I realized my Bose headphones were still in the safe in my room which I had checked out of more than 14 hours earlier. This was not what I needed at the end of a long day. I quickly called the Vintners Inn to explain to them what I had done. The staff was incredibly helpful. They took my number and called me the next day to let me know they were able to locate my headphones. Two days later and with the assistance of FedEx, my headphones were at my front door.

Thank you Vintner's Inn. You won my repeat business and my recommendation before I checked out. You cemented it when I was long gone.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
SueBurnet, Manager at Vintners Inn, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
No, you're "all around great". How nice of you to take the time to write such a flattering review. I've copied it for our staff as a reminder how helpfulness and efficiciency are so appreciated by our guests. I do have one contradiction though - we don't have a pool. Hot tub yes, but the pool is a future consideration. Don't feel bad, you're not the first guest who talked about a pool. I do hope you'll come back and visit us the next time you're in our beautiful Sonoma County. Sue
Willits, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I took my nine year old granddaughter to stay at Vintner's Inn in Santa Rosa the night before I went on her field trip with her. This was my first time staying there and I actually chose it because of its rating on tripadvisor and the price was actually not bad for a Monday night. I called the day of arrival and after receiving a price - asked for the internet special - 15% off which they gave me right away. The reception was okay - the young lady at the front desk received a phone call with what sounded like an internal problem and was trying to handle that and me at the same time. I would have appreciated it more if she would have put the call on hold, got me situated, then handled her problem as it did not appear to be an emergency.

The room was very spacious and very comfortable. It had a delightful patio facing the vineyard - but weather didn't permit enjoying it. Lots of snacks in mini bar - much to my granddaughter's delight and she loved the bathrobe.

Had breakfast in the breakfast area the next morning and although it was not complimentary - it was reasonably priced and blueberry pancakes were the best. They make their own scones - which they bring and they are absolutely delicious -melt in your mouth. I would love the receipe.

Everything was very clean, very well done!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
SueBurnet, Manager at Vintners Inn, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you. I'm so glad you and your grand daughter enjoyed your stay and especially those blueberry pancakes. I do appreciate the comment about check in and the phone call. I don't know what the call was about, but I will find out, and remind the front desk staff that the guest in front of them has priority. Hope the field trip was fun in spite of the rain. Sue
Eagle River, Alaska, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Don't be concerned by the proximity to the highway. You can neither see nor hear the traffic. The Inn is a beautiful property made up of several vine-covered European styled buildings on several acres of carefully landscaped grounds. Our spacious room had a high, beamed ceiling, wood burning fireplace and private balcony overlooking adjacent vineyards. A bottle of wine and glasses await arriving guests. We had our morning coffee on our balcony, watching the mists rise from the vineyards as the sun warmed the earth and glinted off the roof of the vintner's shed in the distance. Breakfast in the Front Room was delicious as was dinner in the acclaimed John Ash restaurant. We caught the last half of the Superbowl in the lounge, which is well appointed and well stocked. Service was excellent in all parts of the hotel, from the front desk to the lounge. This was our second stay at the VI and has quickly become a favorite.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the vineyard and enjoy your balcony.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Danville, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

My husband and I were really looking forward to this quick getaway in the wine country. We had purchased a package from travelzoo and upgraded our room to a fireplace room.
Upon arrival we were very pleased. The room was nice, very clean and had a nice little balcony.
We had a great meal at John Ash and Co. We enjoyed the use of the fireplace, then went to sleep. When we awoke, the room was a chilly 60 degrees. We adjusted the heater but it made no difference.We called the front desk, who offered a space heater, but we declined as we were in the process of getting dressed then heading out to breakfast. We assumed it would be repaired when we got back.
Nope. When we returned it was still freezing. We wore our jackets as we packed our bags, then sat in the lounge area until we checked out. It was such a disappointment to be unable to enjoy our room. When we checked out, we mentioned it again, and the management refunded our upgrade fee to the fireplace room, but offered nothing else for troubles.
The next day I received a survey from the Vintners Inn and again stated how disappointed we were in our stay, but have never gotten a response.
I certainly understand that there can be maintenance issues, but feel the hotel should make some attempt to make up for the inconvenience.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
SueBurnet, Manager at Vintners Inn, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
I am so sorry for your discomfort during your stay. It turned out that it was not a quick fix that our maintenance department could correct. Our head of maintenance did check the unit before you left but had to call in the professionals. I do hope that you'll give us another try and please call me directly to assist you with a reservation. Thank you. Sue
Petaluma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Santa Rosa's Vintners Inn, located quite close to the Charles M Schulz Sonoma County Airport, is a delightful yet low-key luxury hotel. This was a quick trip and we didn't have an opportunity to patronize the restaurant or the cocktail lounge; we'll have to leave that for our next trip.

Our room was spacious, spotless, and well-appointed. The king-sized bed was very, very comfortable. Many years ago I was an executive with Sheraton Corporation; Vintners Inn is the equal of any of the dozen or so hotels I encountered way back then.

If business or pleasure (or both) take you to central Sonoma County, I'd recommend Vintners Inn in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: I doubt that there are any poor rooms!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
SueBurnet, Manager at Vintners Inn, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
What can I say but thank you. We're delighted you enjoyed your stay and look forward to hosting you again. Sue

Been to Vintners Inn? Share your experiences!