“Avoid TravelZoo Voucher for this property” 1 of 5 stars

Vintners Inn
4350 Barnes Rd., Santa Rosa, CA 95403   |
Ranked #1 of 26 hotels in Santa Rosa
Sacramento, California
“Avoid TravelZoo Voucher for this property”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

My husband purchased a TravelZoo voucher for a night at Vintners Inn that included $100 dining credit at John Ash & Co., the on-site restaurant, plus tasting passes for two for three wineries, a split bottle of wine in the room, and continental breakfast. The value was $450 with a base value of $199. The stay was good Sunday through Thursday only. Unfortunately, I was unable to take time off work for take advantage of the promotion prior to it expiring. Since then I have been laid off and now I have plenty of time, but not so much discretionary income.

I called the Inn to see what they could do for me. Turns out they would not honor any of the promotional offers and would only apply the $199 towards a room; however, their cheapest room was $235 plus tax. I asked if we would use the voucher in the restaurant instead, and they steadfastly refused. I don't understand this. They have our money, but they won't let us use the credit as we see fit. I was completely turned off by their lack of customer care. I explained my situation, but apparently the people at Vintners Inn have no heart.

My unemployment situation is temporary, but my disappointment in this property will last much, MUCH longer. Very short-sighted way of dealing with customers in my opinion.

SueBurnet, Manager at Vintners Inn, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Tina, I'm so sorry to hear you were laid off and hope that, as you said, it's just temporary. I understand your frustration but your voucher was purchased in November, 2011 and was valid from December 1st through March 30, 2012. Other guests who have purchased a Travelzoo voucher and can't make it within the dates offered usually find a date within a week or two of the expiration and we have honored the full package. After that we offer the dollar amount you paid to Travelzoo so you don't lose your initial investment - similar to a gift certificate. Please feel free to contact me directly if you wish to discuss this further. Sue

382 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We just got back from a stay at Vintners. It was recommended to us by a Santa Rosa resident. It was a very nice place. Had the feel of a nice cozy place. We had a fireplace room with a great view of the courtyard and it was beautiful. We only stayed one night and wished we had time for more. I would stay again in a heartbeat. The staff was excellent and very attentive. I highly recommend!!

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

On our recent stay to California we stayed at a real Gem called the Vintners Inn. It turned out that it was a perfect place to return to after our days in wine country. We were able to try all the restaurants on ground. While they were very different in what they offer we still managed to find our favorite as we returned often.
The grounds were exquisite, well crafted, well maintained. We stayed in a king suite. It had a balconie, fireplace and a comfy kingsize bed.
It is nice to have such a great staff of people, it really does say a lot about your establishment.
I would stay there again

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Chatham, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

We recently stayed at the Vintners and loved our stay there. It is at the northern tip of Santa Rosa and very close to highway (but still quiet). Room was beautiful and spacious. The second floor rooms have vaulted ceilings, dedicated balconies and a fireplace. The grounds are immaculate and located beside a vineyard. Shopping and restaurant choces (besides the one on site) is an easy drive away, but not much within walking distance. A good base for exploring Sonoma Valley, Napa Valley, and north Sonoma. AWESOME cookies provided every night at turndown. You'll enjoy your stay here if you like a beautiful property with good service and a quiet area.

Whistler
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Great stay in room 410. King fireplace with balcony on the 2nd floor and a view of the vine yard. Complimentary half bottle of Fume Blanc before our dinner at John Ash. Large room with vaulted ceiling and wooden beams. Comfy bed and classy, tradional furnishings and colors. The complimentary breakfast was divine. We will return!

Room Tip: We enjoyed room 410 on the 2nd floor with a view of the vineyard. Corner suite with a king bed and f...
San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I love this part of wine country. It is (in my opinion) far superior to the Napa Valley, with a lot of fantastic small wineries, and some excellent drinks to be had.

That makes the Vintners Inn an excellent place to stay. It's close to Santa Rosa, and only a few miles from Healdsburg, which is a great town. The hotel is in a pleasant setting, and the buildings are very nice and well designed.

The room was, for the most part, excellent. Very large, with an excellent bathroom, and a reasonably comfy bed (only reasonably though - it was pretty firm for my taste).

There are however a couple of things that let this place down. In the morning, I was surprised to find no coffee making facilities in the room. It turns out there is coffee out in the lobby area (the rooms are in separate buildings, so this was the lobby for our building, not the main lobby), but no decaf, and the coffee itself was pretty poor quality. I don't expect to need to get dressed to be able to go and get my morning coffee. The second thing, which seems trivial, but really lets the hotel down, was the iron, which is attached to the ironing board with a security lock.

A security lock on an iron? Is this a Motel 6? I know it seems both trivial and petty, but it really left me wondering where I was staying - does this place really think so little of it's customers that they think we would want to steal the iron?

SueBurnet, Manager at Vintners Inn, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thanks for your mostly good comments. As I may have responded to some others who would love coffee in their room, we may consider it when we find the right coffee pot that doesn't take up too much counter space and doesn't smell like stale coffee. I really don't think any of our guests want to pack the iron. It's to prevent the few guests who have in the past placed the hot iron on the duvet or carpet, face down. I know it seems trivial but not only has this ruined bedding and carpeting, it's dangerous. I do appreciate your feedback though and hope you'll visit us again. Sue
Fort Wayne, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

This gorgeous inn is in the midst of vineyards, away from the main road yet 10min from anything you will need. The views are breathtaking. I felt like I was in Italy. The John Ash restaurant has amazing upscale food and scenery. The inn is made up of approx 4 seperate 2 story inns, which means there was approx 8 rooms per bldg. This made it so much quieter than your standard hotel room, and much more quaint and romantic. The air conditioning is central air so there is no noise from that to keep you awake. The fireplace was nice and cozy and worth the extra cost, in our opinion,for the crisp evenings. The outdoor hot tub area was nice and private. I wanted to stay in a place where I would actually feel like I was in Sonoma Valley, and this was the most perfect place. The quiet inns and the cleanliness, along with the gorgeous views of vineyards and mountains made it well worth every penny. We will be back.

Room Tip: Rooms in the 200 bldg in the back were quiet and had the view of the vineyards. The little patio wa...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
SueBurnet, Manager at Vintners Inn, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Wow, thank you. I love hearing about our guest's stay and hoping that we had a small part in making your vacation a memorable one. We look forward to greeting you again. Sue

Been to Vintners Inn? Share your experiences!