“A great experience for the grandkids” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 64 Activities in Santa Rosa
Type: Nature/ Wildlife Areas, Adventure
Activities: Group tours/safari, Viewing wildlife
More attraction details
Owner description: Escape to Africa by way of Sonoma County…Come discover the Sonoma Serengeti. The classic African safari is a trip of a lifetime for intrepid travelers from around the globe - and, it is closer than you think! The entire Safari West experience is a kid-friendly adventure for families to enjoy together. Our tours are designed to educate guests of all ages and we have found that families are truly inspired as they learn from and share with one another. At Safari West we strive to actively promote conservation and environmental education concepts to our guests, whether they are with us for an hour or a week. The whole experience at Safari West is one of building connections and making discoveries; getting back to basics and enjoying the profound simple pleasures of family and nature that are all too often overlooked. If anything is “not to be missed,” it is that sense of serenity one finds while gazing at graceful giraffe nuzzling her newborn or the surge of raw adventure while witnessing an energetic herd of wildebeest galloping across the horizon. Overnight lodging is also available - the true 'glamping' experience!
Napa, California
3 attraction reviews
“A great experience for the grandkids”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

My wife and I took the grandkids and we all had a great time. Very clean and felt like we were back in Africa on the Serengetti.

Visited July 2012

Los Angeles, CA
“Great for families”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Great introduction into wild animals. We stayed in the "tents", very luxurious. Grandkids told their friends they had been to Africa.

Visited August 2012
Roseville, California
24 attraction reviews
“One of the best gift stores in U.S.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We didn't have time to take the tour but it looked almost as good as the real thing in Zimbabwe, Africa. The gift store had great finds with quite reasonable prices. Comparable to shops in Africa and the a great selection.

Visited July 2012
Portland, OR
“A world away”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

Every time I visit my husbands hometown I am intrigued by a Safari West visit. This trip, it happened. There was a special for a short tour two days before Christmas so we jumped on it. The weather was atrocious and I'm from Oregon. Rain doesn't bother me, but I was wringing out my gloves by the end of the tour. So be prepared and dress appropriately, and you'll be set! Our guides were lovely and engaging, and were ok with my 5 year old niece asking how old they were. We saw awesome creatures that I've never seen before at any zoo and learned all sorts of neat information but not in an overwhelming way. My three year old was delighted, as were her cousins and the adults in the group. I found out that one of the birds likes shiny shoes because she went for mine, and it made for quite a moment.
This place does a good job of bringing us to the animals, and having us be in their world. Highly recommended. I can't wait to come back and enjoy in better weather for our next trip.

San Francisco, California, United States
“Amazing tour, great bungalow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Spent the evening in a bungalow, very nice. The 3 hour tour was really interesting. The animals are as close as makes sense, got licked by a giraffe. The tour guides really know a lot about the animals.

Visited October 2012