“Great food and service!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro 29 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 404 Restaurants in Santa Rosa
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Riley Street
Transit: Downtown transit mall is three blocks away, taxis and pedi-cabs available.
Description: Bistro 29 located in downtown Santa Rosa, Sonoma County. Bistro 29 is a traditional bistro specializing in “Breton” regional cuisine. The number 29 comes from the department of Finistère (end of the earth) located in the upper tip of north-west France. Known for the Galette de blé noir (traditional buckwheat crêpe) and sweet crêpes, Bretagne also uses a variety of local seafood and produce that can easily be found in and around northern California.
CA
“Great food and service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2009

My hubby and I went there last night, 7/11/09. We split a savory crepe and he had soup as appetizers. Delish! For entrees, I had the gnocchi and he had the cassoulet. I tried the gnocchi as it can be hard to make exciting but Bistro 29 succeeded! It was tasty! The accompanying mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, and spinach were divine. The spinach still had a bit of crunch to it. I had a bite of the cassoulet and it was very rich, just this side of salty. While waiting for our meal, we had fresh bread and butter. The place was half full on a Friday night. The chef came out a couple of times. I recognized him from a picture in the paper. He even brought us a refill of bread and cleared our plates one of the times he came by. We didn't try the desserts as my hubby is on a diet. We have a new favorite restaurant and will definitely come back!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Santa Rosa
“good, reliable French cuisine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2009

Went tonight with my wife, and not too long ago, went with a vegetarian daughter. Good French wines, good crepes (made of buckwheat for the main courses), and really excellent steak/frites. The escargot are amazing -- the green sauce they are served with is like pesto, but with more of a Gallic feel.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
santa rosa Ca
“A little piece of Paris in the wine Country”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2008

We would love to coma back again and again!

3 of us went recently to check out the bistro29 , and it was fabulous and easy on the wallet too. We had 2 appetizers, 3 dinners, 2 desserts and 3 glasses of port, plus we brought our own 2 bottles of wine. The total was under 113.00
This is what we had:
Mussels 11 dlls : they were purdy good! , but the juice at the bottom was intoxicating, we had to order an extra basket of bread to soak up all the juices!!!!
Buckwheat crepe 10 : it was the "specialite de la maison" and indeed was a wonderful experience, I felt this is something my grandma would of made if I was French! You need to try it.

Then for entree the Halibut was perfect, the Lamb was outstanding and the vegetarian eggplant was a revelation!

The dessert crepes were divine and the bignets just like in new orleans! Light and fluffy but hot and cinnamony!

Service was friendly and attentive

we give it a plus plus

California
“Great food, friendly service, save room for dessert”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2008

We have been here twice. Both fantastic experiences. We came here to celebrate my mother's birthday and had our 2 year old son with us. Very accomodating and helpful with my toddler. Brought him a plate of cheese and carrot sticks to tide him over until the meal came. We all had the fish special that night, very fresh and perfectly cooked. Fabulous food, very friendly service. Enjoyed every moment. Second time to this restaurant, my husband and I went out for a mini date and had a glass of wine and dessert. Crepe with bananas and chocolate and I had a chocolate cake that melts in your mouth served with carmel ice cream. Wonderful time. Will definitely go again. A must eat at restaurant. Now I have 2 favorite restaurants, Bistro 29 and Syrah.