“Delicious dinner!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro 29 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 449 Restaurants in Santa Rosa
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Riley Street
Transit: Downtown transit mall is three blocks away, taxis and pedi-cabs available.
Description: Bistro 29 located in downtown Santa Rosa, Sonoma County. Bistro 29 is a traditional bistro specializing in “Breton” regional cuisine. The number 29 comes from the department of Finistère (end of the earth) located in the upper tip of north-west France. Known for the Galette de blé noir (traditional buckwheat crêpe) and sweet crêpes, Bretagne also uses a variety of local seafood and produce that can easily be found in and around northern California.
“Delicious dinner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We enjoyed a wonderful dinner at Bistro 29. My husband and I ordered from the regular menu, but there was also a fixed price menu available with three courses for $29. At the time we were there this menu was available Tue-Thur. My husband and I both had salads and entrees and shared a dessert. Everything we selected was delicious. We had an excellent waitress, who told us at the end of the meal that this was her favorite job of all time. Her attention to our every need was evident throughout the meal. It appeared to us that many local residents must eat here, because it seemed that the staff knew many of the diners who came in on the night we were there. We would definitely recommend Bistro 29 and would love to dine there again if we are back in Santa Rosa. We would recommend that you have a reservation since it is a small restaurant.

Visited July 2013

Santa Rosa, California
“LIke being in France”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

What a charming Bistro that took over a Santa Rosa long time favorite, Cafe Lolo severeal years ago. Go for the $29 prix fixe dinner that are usually offered midweek. Carefully selected that menu offer a taste of all that is good with french cuisine. I haven't tried the crêpes - my last experience with Bretonne style crêpes in France wasn't to my liking. And I hate to give up the other choises when we are there.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Santa Rosa
“Certainly one of the best in Santa Rosa”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Went with my wife and daughter, thinking we would have the $29 special. We didn't, as it turned out. But we were all happy. The gem salad is one of the best I have ever tasted. The desserts are outstanding (try the meyer lemon creme brulee, if available). The service is fine. And the buckwheat crepes are as good as you can get outside of France.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, Washington
“If you do not have time to fly to Paris then make reservations here !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Over the years I have had the good fortune to dine in many great French restaurants both in France and around the world so when I find a really good one I have to write about it.

Bistro 29 is a small typically small bistro in Santa Rosa. A client of mine made the reservations and I soon discovered a gem in the middle of the "valley" .

The food and presentation is as good as it gets, solid service, good wine list and most importantly French Bistro food at it's best!

Our table of three had the Steak Frits, sole and double roasted steak along with salads and calms. All cooked perfectly.

If your in the mood for bistro food while in the Napa Sonoma area this has to be your stop!!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tampa, FL
“Best of Sonoma County”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

We had a wonderful dinner on our fifth night in Sonoma County. Previously have eaten at several of the highly rated restaurants ranging from the town of Sonoma to the town of Healdsburg. Bistro 29 was the best we've experienced in Sonoma County.

• Visited May 2013