“First visit” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Stark's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 449 Restaurants in Santa Rosa
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Seventh Street
santa rosa, ca
“First visit”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2008

As we heard a lot of good things about the place. on 5/31 2008, we went to celebrate my wife's birthday .
Summary.
Place looks classy.
Food is good.
Service was bad. The waitress was very slow. For whatever reasons even busboys were available, she spent her time cleaning the plates form other tables. meantime we waited at least 25,minutes for the first contact and more to place the order
For such an expensive place this is not acceptable.
They use individual customer table pads which , from customer to customer they just get cleaned for the crumbs .
If a customer has a medical issue and places his cutlery on the pad, which is normal, the disease could be transmited very easily.
This is a very unhealthy solution.
As a whole package ,we did not think that it worth the money and the rating.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Probably the nicest place in town. Very pricey but you get what you pay for here. My steak was cooked perfectly and was...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2008

Probably the nicest place in town. Very pricey but you get what you pay for here. My steak was cooked perfectly and was a great cut to start with. Definately a place to splurge or celebrate a special occasion.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Very good atmosphere and...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2008

Very good atmosphere and food. My steak was perfectly done and the side/accent sauces were fantastic.

Sonoma County, Callifornia
“Awesome, and with a price to match...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2008

My husband and I were in a celebratory mood one weekend, and made a spontaneous decision to try the new Stark's Steakhouse in Santa Rosa. We arrived early on a Saturday night without reservations and were seated promptly, although at a table a little too near the kitchen to quiet or comfortable. (Reservations advised - duh!)

Everything on the menu is a la carte. We started with cocktails from the full bar and an appetizer (I HIGHLY recommend the potato skin appetizer, which comes with it's own cheese fondue for dipping!). We each had a salad (Hubby's spinach salad was far better than my traditional iceberg lettuce salad). We both ordered steaks: Hubby's rib-eye steak was HUGE, large enough to feed a family; while my extra-large filet mignon was so buttery-tender I could cut it with a spoon. The steaks were done to perfection and very, very tasty. Each steak order comes with a sauce of your choosing - we tried most of them, and our favorite was the red wine sauce. We also ordered two side dishes - sauteed mushrooms and creamed spinach. Everything was totally delicious. We were WAY too full to even consider dessert!

The service was often slow, but that wasn't a huge problem for us since we tend to take our time eating. The staff did seem to be paying a lot more attention to customers seated at centrally-located tables. We also overheard a lot of gossip and chatter between wait staff given where our table was located.

There was a bit of sticker shock when the bill came - well over $300 for the two of us - but I've got to admit it was one of the best steak dinners I've ever had, anywhere in the world.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“most swank restaurant in...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2008

most swank restaurant in town