“Great home base for touring wine country” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
2X Points Package
Ranked #2 of 26 hotels in Santa Rosa
Gaithersburg, Maryland
“Great home base for touring wine country”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I came with two friends (all of us from the East coast) for a girls wine tour in Sonoma and Nappa. The manager and staff took very good care of us for 4 nights. The staff is friendly and helpful and the rooms large and clean. The lobby is great, with a fireplace and comfportable seating which we used as a "living room" at the end of the day to sit foir a few moments to unwind. Breakfast was great and our server was excellent the location is great for visitinfg wineraries in Sonoma, and Nappa is a short drive.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

254 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Bowler, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

My only regret is that I could not stay more nights. The staff was warm and welcoming. The room was comfortable and inviting. The desk area was clean. Waiting for my ride to the airport would have been even more delightful if I had the time to eat breakfast. The smells from the kitchen made my stomach growl with anticipation. I look forward to my next return to Santa Rosa so I can spend more time in this wonderful oasis.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

We wanted to spend a few days in California Wine country and picked this hotel due to the good reviews on Trip Advisor. This is a fairly new property, with very little wear & tear. Cleanliness and upkeep of the place are excellent. The staff we dealt with were all outstanding in their eagerness to make us feel welcome and cater to our needs. I want to mention especially Denyse, at the front desk who went out of her way make us feel comfortable. We ended up staying an extra day, because of our good experience. Breakfast is not included at this property. They offer an "all you can eat" breakfast for $ 10.95. We only had breakfast once, on our last morning there, because we thought the price was a bit steep. However, the offerings were extensive, including several a la carte hot options, with no limit on how much you consume. Everything was well prepared & tasty and service was excellent. Having tried the breakfast I feel it is worth every penny.
If you want to do some wine tasting, the front desk has vouchers for some of the wineries around. It will save you quite a bit of money.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Berkeley, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

I'm from the Bay Area and needed a place to stay for one night in Santa Rosa. This place was very nice. Big rooms, and the modernized bathroom was nice enough, not spa glamorous or anything.

I loved the location -- fun to check out the Railroad district just across the street.

Very quiet. Room service tasty and prompt. Food came quickly and was hot.

I wouldn't stay here if I was visiting the area and wanted to experience Wine Country. It bills itself that way, but it's really a different region. For an affordable base in Napa Valley, check out Calistoga. I'm not that familiar with Sonoma County, but the town of Sonoma would be a great place to stay for the wine country experience as well.

I'd definitely stay at this place again. Comfy bed, quiet, charming staff, easy.

• Stayed December 2012
Fort Bragg, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

This is my second stay at a Hilton garden inn and now both times I have had excellent stays! The staff are so genuinely friendly and helpful. Denise (sorry for spelling it wrong) in particular had the "anticipating customer needs" thing down pat. I really appreciated her help getting me to the airport. I typically steer clear of corporate and don't go for "luxury" but as a woman traveling alone I sprung the few extra dollars for safety reasons and It was beyond worth it. Beautiful room with the most comfortable bed and genuinely friendly staff. Highly recommend this place. Ps- they have equally friendly airport transport included!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We stayed here for a night because I had Hilton Points so it was free. It was a bit far from the wineries we visited - about 25 miles and from st Helena 35 miles where we ate. But it was free. I got more than I paid for. E bed was comfy, the room clean. Shower pressure was amazing!!!! I didn't want to get out, but the towel was big and plush so it made it ok. The staff is friendly. Breakfast is not included but coffee was free. Nice if you are in Sonoma valley area. There is a great breakfast place next door, along with a movie theater so you don't have to go far.

Room Tip: Had a first floor room and it felt very safe.