“Great place to stay when in Wine country.” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   417 Aviation Blvd, Santa Rosa, CA 95403   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 26 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Vancouver, Canada
“Great place to stay when in Wine country.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

We wanted to spend a few days in California Wine country and picked this hotel due to the good reviews on Trip Advisor. This is a fairly new property, with very little wear & tear. Cleanliness and upkeep of the place are excellent. The staff we dealt with were all outstanding in their eagerness to make us feel welcome and cater to our needs. I want to mention especially Denyse, at the front desk who went out of her way make us feel comfortable. We ended up staying an extra day, because of our good experience. Breakfast is not included at this property. They offer an "all you can eat" breakfast for $ 10.95. We only had breakfast once, on our last morning there, because we thought the price was a bit steep. However, the offerings were extensive, including several a la carte hot options, with no limit on how much you consume. Everything was well prepared & tasty and service was excellent. Having tried the breakfast I feel it is worth every penny.
If you want to do some wine tasting, the front desk has vouchers for some of the wineries around. It will save you quite a bit of money.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Berkeley, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I'm from the Bay Area and needed a place to stay for one night in Santa Rosa. This place was very nice. Big rooms, and the modernized bathroom was nice enough, not spa glamorous or anything.

I loved the location -- fun to check out the Railroad district just across the street.

Very quiet. Room service tasty and prompt. Food came quickly and was hot.

I wouldn't stay here if I was visiting the area and wanted to experience Wine Country. It bills itself that way, but it's really a different region. For an affordable base in Napa Valley, check out Calistoga. I'm not that familiar with Sonoma County, but the town of Sonoma would be a great place to stay for the wine country experience as well.

I'd definitely stay at this place again. Comfy bed, quiet, charming staff, easy.

• Stayed December 2012
Fort Bragg, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

This is my second stay at a Hilton garden inn and now both times I have had excellent stays! The staff are so genuinely friendly and helpful. Denise (sorry for spelling it wrong) in particular had the "anticipating customer needs" thing down pat. I really appreciated her help getting me to the airport. I typically steer clear of corporate and don't go for "luxury" but as a woman traveling alone I sprung the few extra dollars for safety reasons and It was beyond worth it. Beautiful room with the most comfortable bed and genuinely friendly staff. Highly recommend this place. Ps- they have equally friendly airport transport included!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We stayed here for a night because I had Hilton Points so it was free. It was a bit far from the wineries we visited - about 25 miles and from st Helena 35 miles where we ate. But it was free. I got more than I paid for. E bed was comfy, the room clean. Shower pressure was amazing!!!! I didn't want to get out, but the towel was big and plush so it made it ok. The staff is friendly. Breakfast is not included but coffee was free. Nice if you are in Sonoma valley area. There is a great breakfast place next door, along with a movie theater so you don't have to go far.

Room Tip: Had a first floor room and it felt very safe.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

This is the great location to visit any wineries. Very good service and we would like to come back at the next time. I wish breakfast and happy hours wine is complementary, but this hotel has a pantry which opens 24 hours. There is a microwave and a refrigerator in each room.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Palo Alto, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I recommand this hotel. It was clean, & nice. Bethroom is pretty. I felt COMFORTABLE.
I did not worry about my allergy to dust.
next to the hotel, there is a nice theater. We enjoyed new family movie at night.
After came back to hotel, we went to inner pool.( by 10 pm) It is small but good for fall season.

Very nice surrounding even though you can hear sometimes noise from cars which run far away.. highway is close but does not effect much.

That hotel has their unique surrounding..
around the hotel, there is a vinery.
Kendal Jackson is also very close(few minutes by car), we saw many kinds of grapes .
enjoy!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Located near Sonoma County Airport near the freeway [US 101], this property is a gem is close to business in the North End of Santa Rosa, and also a central location for a weekend winetasting adventure. Also not far from the Russian River recreation centers. Rooms with double glass kept the noise of the airport and highway away all night. Each room has strong wifi and a nice work space. Nice adjustable king bed with firmness control. Small workout room was basic and clean. Indoor pool and spa looked inviting but I did not use. Staff very helpful and truly seemed to care. Food was very nice for a breakfast buffet and waiter went the extra mile in service and attention. Full service business center a plus.
I would consider this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Sonoma County Airport? Share your experiences!