“Wedding came first” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 hotels in Santa Paula
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Wedding came first”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

We stayed at the Glen Tavern on the last but one leg of our California trip. The hotel itself was beautiful and the room was delightful just a shame there was no door on the bathroom. We ate at the restaurant within the hotel which was pleasant enough but nothing to rave about. They had a live band playing in the hotel which was a nice change, felt a little sorry for them as there were only six people max listening to them. My big disappointment came the following morning when they had no time for their guests as they were too busy preparing for a wedding later that day. This really let them down,

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

116 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

For our wedding, we really wanted to spend a few days with each other's friends and family to get to know each other's close people better. So after looking for a long time, my husband found the Glen Tavern Inn, and it was awesome! The place is super cute and perfect for a medium size wedding like ours (90 people), and the prices were very reasonable. The rooms are pretty and clean and well maintained. We basically reserved the whole place for the weekend.

The event planner for the inn, Monica, and the staff were all super nice, and they were also very accommodating. My now husband and I are both from countries where weddings last until late in the night, and Monica let us decide how long the party should be and what time we wanted it to end (unlike most other places we saw that wanted to kick us out by 10pm!). She organized all the food and drinks, both for the wedding and the brunch the next day (partly from the hotel restaurant and partly from other restaurants that we like), and our guests still talk about how good it was! They also let us decorate how we wanted, they were really nice and helpful whenever anyone needed anything, and they made sure the everything ran very smoothly. They even had people posted at the corners of the street during the wedding to make sure we wouldn't be interrupted by noise! We used her DJ and he was also fantastic. We wanted to choose all the music and he let us do that, unlike many DJs we met who insisted on their own lists (he sent us pages of suggestions when we asked for them).

We really, really liked them, and we recommend them to anyone who wants to have a wedding or need a place to stay for a few days in the area!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

What a great hotel! My husband & I planned to take a tour to the Channel Islands National Park & had a very early wake up call . Santa Paula is very convenient & the Glen Tavern Inn is such a quaint place to stay . We travel on a shoestring budget & the room value is great for the money . --
We'll definitely go back again . We loved it !

Room Tip: We stayed in one of the rooms which had the sink in our bedroom & just a standup shower - no bat...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

My sister chose this location for her "destination" wedding. I'd rather have a screwdriver shoved in my eye than go to a wedding so I went in with low expectations. I was amazed at the attentiveness of the staff and their willingness to fulfill our every request. They were even able to get the city to shut down the street in front of the hotel during the wedding and reception (we were on the front lawn). I have nothing but positive comments about this venue!

• Stayed July 2012
Calpine, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

My daughter accompanied me down to a 40th Fillmore High School Reunion since my husband didn't want to go. Now why a hip, beautiful 22 year old would want to go with old mom to such an event is beyond me but she did. As a note, I've been familiar with the Glen Tavern Inn since I was a little girl as this was my father's home town & we frequently took my grandfather there for Sunday brunch after church. Anyway, back to a review. We had a wonderful end room on the first floor (didn't want to be on the 2nd floor which has some notariety for spirit habitation!) -- spacious & teaming with nostalgic charm. The staff was very cordial -- from the time we checked in, to the bartenders at the quaint old bar where we "shot" our way through the night while perusing an old high school annual, to trying to help us when my daughter needed a dvd player to view her theatre blocking (she's a budding actress!), to an unexpected light breakfast spread set out in the foyer & .... you get it. Just a very lovely, sentimental place to stay. Hope to stay there again ... Next time with hubby!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

My friends planned a surprise weekend here for my bachelorette party, and we had SUCH a fantastic time! The hotel itself was quirky and fun with some great history, the food at all of our meals was excellent, and the staff was unbelievably helpful and so friendly! Best of all, we did the murder mystery weekend package, and it was a riot. Excellent performers who catered the show to the people in our party and made it personal, hilarious, and really special. We had a blast from start to finish. Loved the setting, loved the rooms, loved the food and all of the people. I couldn't have asked for a better time!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

I planned a surprise Murder Mystery bachelorette party for a group of 13 at the Glen Tavern Inn and it was fantastic. The activity itself was great, but I was also incredibly impressed with the service and value we got at Glen Tavern. Monica was incredibly helpful with the planning, even though there was another event that she was managing that same weekend. The entire staff kept the event a surprise from my group, and the waiters serving our party in the private Houdini room even got involved in the charade, with fake names and the delivery of an occasional plot twist. The food at Enzo's was also fantastic. We weren't expecting much since we were eating there just in service of our event, but it was delicious start to finish. Several in the group were vegetarian or vegan and one was vegan + gluten-free and they catered the menu to both meat/cheese-eaters and the restricted eaters. In fact our vegan/gluten-free guest said the gluten-free capellini with tomato sauce and vegetables was the best pasta dish she's ever had. The cocktails were also fantastic. And there were no hidden charges - room rates were low, especially with the group rate, and the charges for dinner, drinks, breakfast, and everything came out to exactly what we had discussed - I was even allowed to choose how much gratuity to leave, which is so rare when you have a large group. The rooms themselves were quirky and comfortable which is a great combination. Overall, five stars.

Room Tip: Request a room with one or two beds in advance. The penthouse is nice if you want some extra space!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Glen Tavern Inn? Share your experiences!