“Our group had 3 rooms, and we were all very pleased. Christine is a great hostess.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Santa Paula Inn B&B

You added Santa Paula Inn B&B to your Saves list
Santa Paula Inn B&B
2.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   111 North 8th Street, Santa Paula, CA 93060   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Santa Paula B&B and Inns
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011

We stayed in room 17, and it was huge. The continental breakfast was good. Even the coffee. We will stay there again.

Room Tip: Room 17 is huge.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2011

Last weekend 5 of us drove from Arizona to Santa Paula to for a long bike ride. Our focus was finding a hotel close to the start/finish. The Santa Paula Inn far exceeded our expectations and I am already looking for reasons to go back there. It is perfectly situated in this quiet little historic town and has great spaces with attention to detail and comfort. The service is well above the norm and reason enough to return. Oh, the bike ride was one of the best in my 30 years of riding. I definitely will be back and I will stay at the Santa Paula Inn.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Longmont, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2011

We had a GREAT experience staying here. My son was looking at Thomas Aquinas College nearby, so we thought we'd stay close in Santa Paula. We stayed several nights and we were so happy we did! The room was big, clean, and comfortable with lots of homey touches. My bed was especially comfortable -- had some kind of temperpedic topper, which I plan to buy as soon as I get home! We will DEFINITELY be back. Cindy was especially helpful and friendly!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2010

We are 3 mature sisters and spent 2 nights at the Santa Paula Inn and environs. We all thought it was a great spot. We had their largest room with 2 queen beds. It was way above our expectations though we were assured by phone when making reservations that we would like it. It was VERY clean. The room was lovely being much larger than expected with lots of windows and high ceilings. (We did not see the smaller rooms so cannot comment on them.) It was VERY quiet and located right in the middle of all the cultural attractions Santa Paula has to offer. We were upstairs and shared an outdoor patio with others, though we never saw another soul. The downstairs also has an outdoor patio and we did note a handful of folks out there. Continental breakfast was more than we expected but no hot food, of course. There were bagels, cream cheese, homemade lemon cake, small scones and cupcakes, cold cereal, oatmeal packets, coffee, tea, hot chocolate,milk, commercial (not fresh squeezed) orange juice, lemonaid, bananas, grapes, peanut butter etc. Plenty to eat though expectedly high on carbs.

The staff are wonderful. Christine, the hotel manager was very helpful and Agustina, the cleaning person very gracious.

Santa Paula is very artsy. We saw a "backstage" production at the local theater as they did not have a main stage production while we were there. It was just great! We saw the oil and art museums and took a personalized mural tour by a local historian, Judy Triem. Wish we had been able to stay the weekend to see the "ghost" tour. Lastly, we took a tour of Limoneira, a large citrus ranch. Neat.

We had a couple minor problems with the room which were corrected immediately upon mentioning them (missing bath mat and lightbulb out.) My only negative would be the lousy pillows. Hopefully, those will be changed by the time any of you folks stay here.

Great town and a great inn. Recommend highly.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Temecula, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2010

Just returned home from a weekend stay at the Santa Paula Inn. I have to say this was our first B&B stay. Being that we were coming to town for a wedding reception, there really wasn't alot of options in the area that was close to where the reception was being held. I was a bit leary of staying in a B&B but was very pleasantly surprised.

Upon checking in we were greeted warmly and check in was very quick. Christine, the manager, took my 7 year old daughter by the hand and asked if it was okay if she took her to get some warm cookies and fresh strawberries. What a sweet lady!
We were shown our room, room 6. It was small, but had 2 queen beds, a nice big wing back chair with table and an armoire with TV-there was a small fridge and coffee pot and microwave as well, in our room. The bathroom was large with tub and shower and a small pedestal sink. Fresh towels were on a nice rack and it was appointed with hairdryer as well as toiletries.

The entire room was EXTREMELY clean, which I am very picky about. Freshly painted, nice decor, no creepy "grandma style" B&B decor that I had pictured it might be! :)
Room had a large mirrored closet and great working AC unit. Also had iron and ironing board in the closet!

The breakfast in the morning was fresh fruit and pastries, cinnamon rolls, bagels etc. Everything was really fresh and the coffee was excellent and freshly brewed. They also had a nice selection of oatmeals, juices, milk, etc. They have an outside patio area to eat or you can easily take your food back to your room and eat in private.

Checking out was fast and easy. I basically handed the key back to Christine and chatted a bit and we were on our way! It was almost as if we were staying at an old family friends house.

The Santa Paula Inn was a very clean, charming and friendly place to stay. Highly recommend it should you be going to Santa Paula for business or leisure!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Simi Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2010

Having stayed at another popular inn in Santa Paula and being a bit disappointed, I asked a friend who has lived in Santa Paula for a recommendation, "Definitely try the Santa Paula Inn".

I called, after hours, left a message with my travel dates, and room preference. The very next day, I got a return message from owner, Donna. My reservation was secured (even without having gotten a credit card-- imagine that!) and my room was held. "Call back at your convenience."

I called back and was greeted like an old friend. Check in is at 3 pm, but after telling Donna that I would need to meet friends to set up my clock class shortly afterwards, she OFFERED to have my room ready at 2, so I wouldn't have to rush. (Wait a minute here- no one goes out of their way in this day and age!)

I arrived and was greeted by Christine who checked me in, and chatted with me warmly during the process. She got up, and stepped around the corner, "I'll show you to your room" She took me to Room 7, opened the door and stepped inside to show me around the room and ask if it was to my liking. (Seriously, I felt as if I was being welcomed into someone's home!) The room was charming and nicely decorated, with the charm of Grandma's house- no, not "Bed in a Bag" perfectly matched linens and towel sets- mismatched but even better, beautifully co-ordinated, with care and attention- just like at Grandma's.

I unpacked and wandered back out to the lobby where a few of my clock friends, also staying there were gathered, talking with other guests. While the Inn has no dining room, no coffee shop, no bar (thankfully!) its charm draws you to gather, be it in the lobby, or the back patio.

Without telling you all the details, I will also mention that in the evening, I had a work issue that might have caused me to leave, I ran into Christine. She invited me to share my issue and offered a kindness and solution that was heaven sent! She literally saved me hours of driving time! Angels show up when least expected! Thank you Christine!

I missed the Continental breakfast the next morning, as my event began very early, and I felt a bit sad that I missed it and missed saying goodbye.

The Santa Paula Inn, with it's charm and warm, caring staff is my first choice in this area, I will feel comfortable suggesting it to my friends and acquaintances and I will return each time I am staying in Santa Paula, which I hope will be often. It's a darling little city, with some excellent restaurants, and beautiful old homes.

The Inn, feels like a home away from home, with all the charm of Grandma's house. The other Inn might have a resident ghost, but this one has angels!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Ridgecrest, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2010

My husband & I needed to beat the heat from the high desert this weekend & headed to Santa Barbara. With no reservations for Saturday night we quickly found that availability was not easily found on the coast, so, after searching some nearby towns for accommodations, we called the Santa Paula Inn where, thankfully, the B&B had 2 rooms left. The Inn keeper was very gracious & friendly. We were excited that we didn't have to cut our 'beat the heat weekend' short & make the dreaded drive back home. Upon arrival at the Inn, we were greeted by the very same woman who only an hour earlier, made our night! She was so helpful & informative as to what the historical downtown, all within walking distance, had to offer. When we entered the room, we found it very clean & cosy, with all the necessities & comforts of home. After enjoying a peaceful nights sleep in our beautiful room, we enjoyed having breakfast outside on the garden patio & nice conversations with a few of the other guests staying at the Inn. Our quaint getaway will not soon be forgotten & we look forward to making our new found treasure a part of our future journeys when heading to the Coast. A big thank you to our hosts at the Santa Paula Inn, we are grateful for your hospitality.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Santa Paula Inn B&B? Share your experiences!