“Nice Experience” 4 of 5 stars

310-393-8080
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Penthouse at the Huntley Hotel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 573 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Cross street: California
California
“Nice Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Went there for brunch on a Saturday. Excellent service and atmosphere. The food was good but I think it 's more about the experience than anything else. I wanted to wait for a cabana but I was told those are reserved for bigger parties (it was just the two of us). Regardless, they went out of their way to make sure I got a table I was happy with. We had a Living Social deal, so it was $64 for the two of us, with a choice of one brunch menu item each and a dessert to share. It also included bottomless Mimosas.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Los Angeles, California
“Liked the view and atmosphere but....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We are trying to expand our list of regular restaurants that we liked to frequent so we gave the Penthouse a try this past Sunday night over the labour day weekend. We had booked the restaurant on open table and received a confirmation call from the restaurant on the afternoon of the booking. I had requested a window table but was not seated at one even though there were some available and no one ever was for that evening. When we arrived it was just at sunset and the view and atmosphere was very nice. Once we were seated the service seemed like it would be pretty good. You can tell the management here knows what they are doing but you can only be as good as your staff. We ordered some drinks and then started looking at the menu. We were then asked almost immediately if we were ready to order which we were not. Once we did order our appetizers arrived and they were the wrong ones. They took them back and then about another 15 minutes later the correct ones arrived. We didn't care we were having a nice conversation. When we finished our drinks we hadn't seen our waiter (i believe her name on the cheque was Nicki?) for quite some time so we tried to order drinks with one of the bus-boys. She eventually showed up and got us the drinks. We kept noticing that she would disappear for long periods of the time but then would run around the restaurant looking very busy but then disappear again. This continued throughout the evening. When our entree's arrived they were very good but mid way through the meal we ran out of wine with no waiter in site once again. It was annoying because she would arrive looking frazzled but where had she been? After our main course we decided to just have an espresso and leave. With a good waiter I think the place could be really good and like I said you can see management has the place organized very well. We go to 5 or 6 restaurants regularly but I have to say Hillstones has ruined us because the service is always great every we time we go and when we try other places like this one even though the food was very good the service in this particular instance was not.

• Visited September 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
“Excellent Birthday Brunch - Superb View”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

The service was perfect, the food exceptional and the view was outstanding. Had a corner table with clear view to the Pacific and south towards Marina del Ray. The brunch included bottomless Bloody Mary's or Mimosa's. The brunch menu was pleasantly eclectic with some unique dishes created by an excellent chef.
The bacon infused Waffles were excellent!
If you are in the area for a special occasion or a celebration - make a reservation at the Penthouse!.

Sacramento
“The view, service and food won't leave you disappointed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

A five star place deserves 5 stars for excellent views, food and service. I was here for my birthday dinner and am so glad I picked this place. We arrived before our reservation but only had to wait a few minutes. The staff was really friendly and the 360 view of Santa Monica is simply stunning.

Appetizers:
Egglant pizza- tasty and great if you have a group of people to share with.

Dinner:
Duck leg confit: my friend tried this for the first time and she thoroughly enjoyed it.
Crispy skin salmon: won't be disappointed
Braised lamb: the meat is so tender and almost melts in your mouth.

They also had another fish special that night which my friend ordered and it was as good as the rest of the food. Nobody in my group was disappointed with their food.

The cocktails and drinks are pricey about $15 a glass and if you're getting wine I recommend getting a bottle, we got two and I find its a better value and not over priced. I'd definitely come back for their brunch or lunch

“The view is incredible”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

It was a wonderful experience. The staff was more than accommodating and very friendly. The women at the front desk are so helpful and welcoming. I would stay there again anytime, it was truly a pleasure.