We felt that if we were going to be in Santa Monica we really needed to be on the beach, and we couldn't have chosen better. We considered Shutters, but really thought that was too expensive. Casa del Mar was certainly worth it, especially since we had booked a beach view room, and were upgraded. The decor is very elegant and I am always impressed by a television in the bathroom! Service was good - although one glitch was that we asked as we checked in whether we needed a reservation for dinner in the Coast, and were told not. When we got there we were made to feel awkward that we had not booked, with lots of dithering going on in finding us a table and we were not enormously impressed by the food. It doesn't quite get the five star really because it is up against some real "wows" and we thought that charging $35 for parking was steep, given how much we were already paying. But we would certainly return given the chance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Casa del Mar is located right on the sand in the heart of the Southern California seaside community of Santa Monica, mere steps from the Pacific Ocean on Santa Monica Bay. The hotel is adjacent to the historic Santa Monica Pier, the dynamic Third Street Promenade, Main Street, the elegant shopping and dining areas of Montana Avenue, as well as the gardens, walkways and expansive ocean panoramas of cliff-top Palisades Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Casa del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Del Mar Hotel Santa Monica
- Casa Del Mar Santa Monica