My husband and I visited this hotel last weekend for our 5 year wedding anniversary. When we were checking in the concierge/front desk person congratulated us and asked us what we drink. We said red wine - he asked what kind and offered to send a bottle up to our room. We were looking forward to it, but the bottle never came. When we were checking out I mentioned this to another person, who acted shocked and embarrassed that this would happen. He took our phone number and said someone would be calling us right away to work something out. No one ever called. Classless.
On the upside this is a beautiful hotel in a great location. We were given a room with a jacuzzi bathtub and a little terrace that opened out on to the pool area. I got some great nights of restful sleep in a beautiful four poster bed. I thought it was really relaxing. However the issue with the wine put a bad taste in my mouth (pardon the pun) plus there were some other little extra charges that I wasn't too fond of. One of the reviews for this hotel mentioned a cool medicine cabinet full of toiletries and that's one of the reasons I booked the hotel - I love cool toiletries. Well yes, there was a medicine cabinet full of cool stuff, for a hefty price. A toothbrush was $6, a bath bomb was $13. I mean why not just put cheaper stuff in there and make it free seeing as how people are paying like $500 a night to stay there? The parking was also crazy expensive. I thought breakfast was reasonably priced though. Would I stay there again? Probably not - but I'm not sorry that I did. It was relaxing and restorative, but I'm excited to try other hotels in the area
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Casa del Mar is located right on the sand in the heart of the Southern California seaside community of Santa Monica, mere steps from the Pacific Ocean on Santa Monica Bay. The hotel is adjacent to the historic Santa Monica Pier, the dynamic Third Street Promenade, Main Street, the elegant shopping and dining areas of Montana Avenue, as well as the gardens, walkways and expansive ocean panoramas of cliff-top Palisades Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, LHW, Tingo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com and Venere so you can book your Casa del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Del Mar Hotel Santa Monica
- Casa Del Mar Santa Monica