Beautiful hotel. Part of the Shutters properties, crowd is a little older here, but gorgeous lobby and lobby bar overlooking Santa Monica promenade, so still a lovely scene. Nice rooms. Great location. But the pool, which I only saw in the evening and early morning, was fabulous. On a deck overlooking the ocean. What a setting!
Service was merely okay, nothing outstanding, perfunctory at best; I frankly expected a bit more from a place like this. And like Shutters, they'll nickel and dime you where they can. But still, an nice, nice place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Casa del Mar is located right on the sand in the heart of the Southern California seaside community of Santa Monica, mere steps from the Pacific Ocean on Santa Monica Bay. The hotel is adjacent to the historic Santa Monica Pier, the dynamic Third Street Promenade, Main Street, the elegant shopping and dining areas of Montana Avenue, as well as the gardens, walkways and expansive ocean panoramas of cliff-top Palisades Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, LHW, Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Casa del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Del Mar Hotel Santa Monica
- Casa Del Mar Santa Monica