Had an ocean facing room and it was also a great view. Really a gorgeous hotel and excellent service from the valet and bellhop to the front desk and concierge (Samantha rocked) and the restaurant Catch with very accomodating staff. I was in for the week for the AFM film market and it was very busy!. I was always able to get a table for breakfast and lunch when I needed and late night meetings & drinks in the awesome lobby/bar was a great starting point or end of the night landing strip. Music almost every night in the bar (Jazz trio or a singer). Room was high end. Very large sitting area and a great desk with lots of light. Big bathroom with jet tub and you could open the window to look out to the ocean (room 224). Had a great room service one night, arrived hot and quick. Let's be clear not an inexpensive joint but well worth it and you CANNOT beat the location, steps away from a beach jog right on the sand. Also I judge hotels on the little touches and they had many- great bathroom products(shampoos and other), a very well stocked mini-bar and they even give you a rubber duck for your bath and a little teddy bear on your bed at night, funny! I took them home for my twin boys. Sorry to have such a sunny review(LOL) but it was just about a flawless stay. Okay here it is so you think I'm not a paid shill, I had forgotten my shaving cream and I called housekeeping for a free whatever they had it was cheap barbosal shaving cream which dries your face right out, bad stuff . So that's it, I highly recommend and will stay again here for next years AFM.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Del Mar Hotel Santa Monica
- Casa Del Mar Hotel
- Casa Del Mar Santa Monica
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Casa del Mar is located right on the sand in the heart of the Southern California seaside community of Santa Monica, mere steps from the Pacific Ocean on Santa Monica Bay. The hotel is adjacent to the historic Santa Monica Pier, the dynamic Third Street Promenade, Main Street, the elegant shopping and dining areas of Montana Avenue, as well as the gardens, walkways and expansive ocean panoramas of cliff-top Palisades Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, LHW, Travelocity, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Casa del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.