“Poor service for $$$ so-so cupcakes” 1 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Bakery, Dessert
santa monica
“Poor service for $$$ so-so cupcakes”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I ordered cupcakes for an office birthday party from Yummy Cupcakes in S.M. and was asked for my credit card number. I gave it and very clearly expressed that it was NOT to be charged, I would pay when I picked up the order. On the order it is printed VERY CLEARLY that the customer would pay in store. The day of pick up I happened to notice that they charged my card against my wishes and I called to ask them to fix it. When I picked up the order the manager WAS there but he did NOT bother talking to me, only to his employee who unfortunately probably has to deal with angry people all the time bc of her careless manager and careless coworkers, I felt bad that she bore the weight of this rediculous fiasco and her manager didnt even try to help her. The one star is for her. She told me that the manager (allegedly) voided the transaction, which makes no sense, it should be a REFUND since they already have my money!!!!! I called today, 24 hours after I asked them to fix this, and still have not seen any refunds to my account. I called AGAIN to be told that it could take DAYS for the transaction to be reversed. That is a fat steaming pile of feces. They get to take my money indefinately and its just tough for me. This is NOT the first time they have done this and Im DONE coming to this expensive place for dry, over-frosted cupcakes. Clearly they have employees who dont give a crap about customer service or, idk, DOING THEIR JOB and a manager to match. Save yourself the headache and hassle and go somewhere else.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Clifton, NJ
“Yummy Cupcakes!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Moist and delicious cupcakes. My son tried the "Happy Day" and I tried the Coconut.....both were delicious!

Visited August 2012
Santa Monica, California
“I love the frosting.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Disclaimer: I am not a connoisseur of cupcakes, just a regular eater of cupcakes. I love these cupcakes mostly for their frosting. There's a lot of it and it's (as much as I hate using this silly word) "yummy". I cut the cake part in half and stick the bottom half of the cake on the top of the frosting to create a cupcake 'sandwich'. The flavor selection is good and along with the rotating seasonal flavors, you can always get the good basics.

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San Francisco
“TONS of options”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

This place is insane! Any cupcake connoisseur MUST visit Yummy cupcakes, it will blow your mind. With over 280 flavors rotated through there are many options. The cupcakes here are huge (very tall) and are reasonably priced at $3.

When I got to cupcake shops with a zillion flavors I typically just stick to the basics since that's what really sets good pastry chefs/bakers apart. We opted for the red velvet and the chocolate fudge. The red velvet was disappointingly dry, however, the chocolate fudge was really yummy (we ate it all up!).

Although we didn't get the cupcake in a jar (cupcake sliced into thirds with frosting between each layer), it was very tempting to buy a few jars to throw into our suitcases.

• Visited July 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
LI
“Looks dont count”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

Very disappointed in the TASTE. While the cupcakes are attractive, taste is another matter. They were bland, and the flavors non distinguished. Kids eat the frostings and leave the cake.

Visited April 2012