“Haven for weary traveller.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free High Speed Internet
Ranked #6 of 34 Hotels in Santa Monica
Sydney, Australia
“Haven for weary traveller.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

The room was very spacious and clean with everything I needed and more. The staff efficient and helpful. Located on a direct bus route to the beach or easy parking if you have a vehicle. There is a supermarket next door and the area is very good to walk around. I would stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
BobbySmtl90405, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Santa Monica, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
We appreciate your feedback regarding our location and friendly staff. I am also pleased to know you found our décor to be clean and comfortable as I understand how important comfort can be when traveling. Thanks again and we look forward to hosting you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

We stayed here two nights on 3 & 4th Feb. The hotel is under renovation but we got a room in another building which was not under renovation. We booked a standard King room and what we got I think was a suite as it had a kitchenette and all the amenities which were nice. Our bed was so comfortable we overslept both mornings.
I particularly enjoyed the cleanliness of the room, bathroom, sheets and towels. Cleanliness is a big deal for me and I always make sure I take my own towels with me but here I did not need to use mine.

The staff are really polite, helpful and friendly. The gentleman at the front desk on Feb 5th morning helped us a lot with the problem we were facing about our rental car company.

The only problem was that wifi did not work at all during the both nights we stayed there. In general, we were happy with the hotel and its value for money.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to tell others about your visit to Santa Monica. We appreciate your kind words and are pleased you enjoyed all the conveniences that we have to offer. . We hope that we exceed your expectations on your next trip to Santa Monica. We hope to see you again soon
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

Nice staff and good location in Santa Monica. The price was nice, as well, at $116 per night, not counting the taxes. Always ask for the AAA rate in advance.

The room was clean and noise was minimal. Breakfast was of the non-cooked variety, but good. Parking was minimal, but I still managed to dock my giant Silverado truck in the lot.

By foot, Trader Joe's is right next door. By foot or bike, Santa Monica College is ~1 mile west.

I was disappointed to find no refrigerator in my room, but I should have asked about this feature before booking.

Overall, my experience at the Santa Monica Travel Lodge was very good!

Dave

Room Tip: Try to get a room adjacent to the garden area, assuming renovations are complete.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
We appreciate your positive review of our hotel. Our staffs always try to be as helpful and accommodating as possible. Hope to see you again on your next trip to our hotel.
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

Stayed one night and really enjoyed the service I received from the hotel staff. The great service started at check-in and continued throughout my stay. The room was very clean and the bed was extra comfortable. Note that the hotel is currently undergoing a renovation, but it never interfered with my stay in any way. Look forward to Staying again on my next trip to Santa Monica.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your feedback is really important to us as we use your comments as learning opportunities. Our team strives to ensure that each of our guests is provided with excellent service .Thank you again for being our guests and we hope to see you again soon!
Palma de Mallorca
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

I booked this hotel because I would be arriving at LAX from London at a time of evening that precluded me from getting a domestic flight to my final destination of SFO. This hotel is perfect for that, because it's inexpensive, so you're not wasting money on fancy facilities that you'll be too tired (and getting up too early) to utilise. At the moment the hotel feels pretty low-budget because they're repainting much of the interior. The corridors smelled of fresh paint and the hotel room doors had temporary numbers taped to the doors. However, the insides of the rooms are OK - this definitely ain't the Ritz, to be sure - but what pleased me the most was that the bed was really good. After a long flight that is all you really care about. The black-out curtains were good, but do not run all the way to the floor, so I had to lean the back of the desk chair against the curtain to stop the streetlight outside my window streaming in between the window-sill and the wavering curl of the curtain hem (if that makes sense). The breakfast area has been touched up and repainted, apparently. I didn't think much of the continental breakfast - bagels, bread, sachet-spreads, a couple of 6-slice toasters, coffee pots and some cereal - and a tumbler full of boiled eggs and a bowl of bananas and little tangerines. The free newspapers were a nice touch.

The front desk staff were excellent, really courteous and polite and obviously making a genuine effort to give friendly, great service.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that's away from the streets - i.e. 31st, 32nd and Pico Blvd. Street noise of...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Novato
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

This Travelodge had everything we needed for a one night stop over. The room set up was quite efficient with a desk, small dining table with chairs, safe, microwave and refrigerator. The staff was very friendly and the room clean. In all, nothing fancy but had everything we could need.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

BobbySmtl90405, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Santa Monica, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
We appreciate your kind words and are pleased you enjoyed all the conveniences that we have to offer. We strive everyday to provide clean comfortable rooms and exceptional customer service. Thank you again for being our guest and we look forward to seeing you again.
Monroe, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights last week. The entire place is undergoing renovation... which is good, I guess. But, the parking is so super limited that they told us to park in Trader Joe's next door at night. No biggie. We can handle that. The room was OK as far as cleanliness and comfort. It was pretty small, but it would make do. BUT, I was pushed to check out early and write this review when our entire bathroom was COVERED in ants. We came back one afternoon and found them crawling in the sink in the bathroom, on our toothbrushes, on our toothpaste, in my husband's grooming kit, etc. They were in washcloths and on the soap. I stayed that last night and then informed them we were checking out early. I called as soon as we found the ants and they sent a guy in with RAID spray who proceeded to tell us it was because of the plants outside and that they smelled our food. One problem... there were none in the kitchen or near the PLASTIC PACKAGED CANDY.

Everyone was nice, but I wouldn't be back. Just not worth it. If you're going to stay in Santa Monica, spend a bit extra for a place without bugs. I've never had bugs in a hotel room in 10 years of travelling... and did not like being told my package of candy in the next room was the reason there were ants in the bathroom.

At least they charged no penalty for check out. And the staff up front was very nice and delightful. There was nothing the front desk could do about it, and I appreciate their kindness.

Room Tip: There's a lot of stairs, so if you are older or overweight, make sure to ask for a room downstai...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Travelodge Santa Monica? Share your experiences!