“we only stayed two nights and on the map we had the...” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn 1000 Points
Ranked #6 of 34 hotels in Santa Monica
INSTANBUL
“we only stayed two nights and on the map we had the...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

we only stayed two nights and on the map we had the impression that the hotel was closer to Santa Monica Seaside. Otherwise, we were happy with the hotel and experienced no problem. Everything was convenient.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

smtl90405, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Santa Monica, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to fill out the review and we hope to see you again.

1,026 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

A very nice hotel. The room was very clean. Room odor was perfect. In the room there was a microwave and a little breakfast area. The staff was very friendly. There is a free Internet and parking. It was a very nice stay. Recommended.

Room Tip: Room #315.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
smtl90405, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Santa Monica, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
We are pleased that you enjoyed your visit. We hope to see you again soon.
rhode island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

If you want a place by the beach, well... this isn't it. it's about 25 blocks from the beach. However... it is half the price of a hotel by the beach, and is clean, convenient and practical.
There is free parking, and free internet, two things that NONE of the beachside places offer. Free breakfast too, though I didn't partake. There is a very nice Trader Joe's store nextdoor, and the rooms have refrigerators, microwaves and a "kitchen table" area, so I had breakfast in my room each day: fresh organic fruits, yogurts and coffee. Plus, could have a nice cold beer at the end of the day, without paying crazy prices.

The bed, bedding and other amenities were very good quality, very comfortable.

There is a pleasant courtyard area, complete with barbecue grills, if you'd like to cook your own meals. No pool, but nice seating and secure gates, so you can relax outside and feel comfortable here. If that's not enough, well then, you are in Santa Monica, so you can drive, or take the convenient bus, down the road to the beach, and hang out there!

I stayed here once, while visiting my daughter, who lives nearby. Planning another trip soon, and carefully checked into all of the beachside hotels. All of them cost almost twice as much per night, and charge for parking, internet, and don't have in-room refrigerator/microwave/table...etc. None of them are near a healthy food store, where I can buy high quality foods, and some beautiful flowers to spruce up the place!

With the money I save I can have wonderful meals and do more shopping!!

Room Tip: The room I had was in the gates/courtyard area, in the 300 and 400's. It had the single king si...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that we will see you again soon. Thank you for taking the time let others know about your visit.
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I had a stressful situation with a rental car while I was visiting LA (a flat tire with no spare). I couldn't get any help from AAA or the rental car company and I was on a tight timeline to get back to the airport. Colleen and Leo were SO helpful. Leo went above and beyond and helped me fix my flat tire and made sure I got to the airport safely. They both made a very stressful experience much less so at a time I really needed it. I would have been stranded without them. THANK YOU!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
I am pleased that Leo went out of his way to assist you. These types of things are what our hotel is so well known for. We hope to see you again.

Been to Travelodge Santa Monica? Share your experiences!