“Good hotel very clean no complaints at all” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free High Speed Internet
Ranked #6 of 34 Hotels in Santa Monica
London, United Kingdom
“Good hotel very clean no complaints at all”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

This is a good hotel very clean good breakfast, the cost of rooms in Santa Monica are more expensive.
Nice rooms well decorated with good quality bed, manage or owner very helpful.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
seattle
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

I got this hotel on cheaptickets.com for an ok price of 161 a night. It sounded like a great deal compared to the other hotels in the santa monica area that were available (last minute memorial day weekend booking).

I will warn you, however, that this location is nothing like the other travelodge locations in that it is a very old building and the smell is awful and the rooms are outdated. The worst part is that we stayed for 3 nights, and I could hear the conversations my neighbors were having everyday and especially at night. The people above me walking around at all times of the night and early morning was so loud and obnoxious, it kept us up and we barely slept a wink the 3 nights we were there. By the way, the beds are hard as a rock also... My back hurt the whole time we were there.

I called the manager after our first day sleeping there and told him of our concerns on the insulation. His name was Todd and he stated that no one has complained of that before and I must be a light sleeper. The funny thing is, I'm reading these reviews and more than one person has mentioned it. This hotel is for kids in high school or college who want to party all night and have a room to crash in for a few hours... Not for someone traveling for more than a night or staying for any reason other than partying. I just thought it was funny that the manager tried to act like it isn't a concern that really needs to be addressed with his superiors.

Hearing people flush the toilet, take a dump, or have sex in the room next to you... Is not my idea of a good time. And telling me that my concerns aren't legitimate also doesn't give you a good review in my books.

Room Tip: I would stay closer to the water next time in a building with better insulation.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
smtl90405, General Manager at Travelodge Santa Monica, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
We are sorry that you experienced an unusual noise problem coming from the rooms next to your room. Consequently, we believe that Todd acted responsibly in addressing your complaint by issuing $171.00 in rate adjustment prior to your departure.
Buckingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

Pretty easy to find from LAX. The place offered great facilities, free parking, free wifi, microwave and fridge in the room, good breakfast included. There was even a bbq out in the seclyded courtyard. The room was large and clean and the staff were veryfriendly. Would definately stay again.

Wichita, KS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

Don't be fooled by the outside.. although older, this hotel is very nice and a great value. I was a bit hesitant when I booked, but true to other reviews this hotel is freshly updated and has the feel of a far more expensive hotel. The staff is friendly, the breakfast was all we needed and the location is quite close to the things you'd like to do (although not an easy walk to the beach/pier). The rooms are a bit snug, but plenty big for 2. I requested an inside room as my daughter and I were traveling alone. Our request was pleasantly accommodated. We will be back this summer and will definitely stay here again. The area feels very safe too. .

Room Tip: Be aware that some rooms have outside entrances.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

This was a wonderful hotel!!! From the beginning to the end, I was traveling on my own and I booked this reservation in advance. I had to change my date and it was not a problem at all!! They upgraded me free of charge! The General Manager was so incredibly knowledgeable and friendly!! The business center was very convenient and perfect to fit my needs!!! The breakfast could have been better but with that said everything else was awesome!! My spacious, very clean and quiet room had a lovely kitchen and free wifi. It was perfect! Very comfortable bed and nice flat screen TV !! A fantastic way to end my California trip!!! Thank you!!! Two thumbs up!!!! Maybe a scootch bit expensive but not bad at all!! Very large room!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

We stay for 3 days, and it's clean and affordable but, General Manager doesn't know how to speak english and doesn't know how to accomodate guest, very strick I saw him on the hallway and was angry with one of hotel housekeeper. I came from Australia and found this hotel because some of the hotel in Santa Monica is fully and found this hotel, never disappointed in the hotel because of cleanliness, but disappointed with the General Manager because of attitude and rudeness to employee.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Santa Maria, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

My wife and I stay here a couple times a month because it is a quiet, very nice, clean, well equiped, facility at a very reasonable price. It is in a decent neighborhood (upper middle class for LA). It is convenient to dining, grocery, and pharmacy stores and an easy bus ride or drive to major shopping areas and the beach. Tour buses come to the facility if you want to see LA that way. In what must be over 50 stays at this facility, there has been one botched reservation which was made through the 800 number and was probably due to the limitaions in the International Reservation System - the staff bent over backwards to accommodate us and made our stay very pleasant. I now always make reservation through the (310) 450-5766 number.

Room Tip: There are 4 building and all the rooms we have been in were great. If you are driving, the parking b...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Been to Travelodge Santa Monica? Share your experiences!