This is the second time we stayed at this hotel and you get what you pay for. It is an older, retro type hotel but with a fantastic location - 2 mins walk to beach and 5 mins to the pier. Although we arrived a few hours before checkin time the staff that greeted us were very friendly and helpful. Our room was not available but suggested they mind our luggage and would call us when available. As we requested a first floor room at the rear, we checked if this was the room we were allocated. We were being allocated a front room so to accomodate our request we were changed to match what we wanted.
The room was large and quite with a rear balcony. Although rooms were clean they really do need some updating particuarly the the green tiles used throughout the bathroom and bedroom.
Breakfast very basic - yoghurt, donuts, fresh fruit, fruit juice and coffee.
Internet - good speeds
Staff - friendly
Overall I like this hotel mainly for it's location and price. AND don't expect 5 star when you are paying 3 star prices!!! Will stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located steps from the beach and from the famous Santa Monica Pier, this world-famous hotel offers complimentary coffee, tea, fruit, WiFi, laundry room, as well as a private beach pathway! Experience the laid back California lifestyle as it should be. Moments from the shopping and dining, Third Street Promenade, Venice and Muscle Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Hotel California reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- California Hotel Santa Monica
- Hotel California Santa Monica
- California Santa Monica