Praise for this hotel should be built of words from the last century - I don't know, maybe groovy or funky. Most of the hotels along Ocean Avenue - a short walk from the beach are glittery, oversized elephants better suited for Las Vegas. Who wants to go to Santa Monica and sit in a lobby with a huge fireplace, heavy walnut furniture, and brocaded, formal furniture? Well, you have your choices. Yuck!! For a fun, relaxed, beach oriented hotel that captures a sense of the casual beach life of California before money ate it, this is your place. A short walk to the beach and the beach park, A short walk to the shopping and restaurant strips. Rooms are comfortable, roomy enough. Bathrooms can be a little less than most will expect for the price, but they work and, anyway, you're going to the beach. No restaurant but there must be a 1000 within a few blocks. No fitness center, but - do I have to keep reminding you? - you're going to the beach. Fans keep rooms cool. "Cool"! That's the word I was looking for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located steps from the beach and from the famous Santa Monica Pier, this world-famous hotel offers complimentary coffee, tea, fruit, WiFi, laundry room, as well as a private beach pathway! Experience the laid back California lifestyle as it should be. Moments from the shopping and dining, Third Street Promenade, Venice and Muscle Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, TravelClick, BookIt.com and Odigeo so you can book your The Hotel California reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- California Hotel Santa Monica
- Hotel California Santa Monica
- California Santa Monica