“Excellent Service Standards!” 5 of 5 stars

10% OFF @ HotelCA.com
Ranked #10 of 34 Hotels in Santa Monica
“Excellent Service Standards!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

I want to start by saying that I found this location online and really enjoyed the view of Santa Monica Beach. I was curious and called and spoke to the manger cause I had a few questions. I am currently in town on business and wanted to compare prices. I spoke with Alexandria the general manager and she answered all my questions. She offered to give me a great deal. Her customer.service was so superb I changed my hotel and stayed with Hotel California for the entire week. I really enjoyed the friendly staff and enjoyed the manager Alexandria. She have me a tour of the property and an excellent rate of 189 per night, which was 50% less than what i was paying.Overall the place was five stars and reasonable for your average American seeking a excellent lodging experience.

• Stayed May 2013
The Hotel C, Guest Relations Manager at The Hotel California, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us! We are ecstatic to read you thought so highly of our hotel and staff! Come back and see us anytime- hopefully next time for leisure instead of business! :)

(Guest Services Manager)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Enid, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Leave Corporate living at home, put on your flip flops and enjoy the relaxing atmosphone at Hotel California. It was so relaxing, right on the beach and a complete joy! The Hotel was in walking distance to the pier/beach, restaurants and shopping. I really loved the verandas, walkways and beautiful flowers everywhere. Small and quaint, big on personality! The pictures online are exactly as you'll find it! Can't wait to go back! Thanks, Mike and everyone!

Room Tip: There was not air-conditioning, but they were looking at installing it.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
We are so happy to hear our hotel was a "complete joy" for you! The flowers just bloomed in time for you to enjoy :) Thank you for choosing the Hotel California for your visit to Santa Monica, and for writing us such a nice review. We look forward to seeing you again!

Malibu, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I had a great experience at this place. The staff was incredibly helpful. The cottages are on a walk street that is a stone throw from the awesome beach and pier. I highly recommend it!! One night I needed an Ambulance and they totally helped me out. My dad came out to visit and he loved is too. This place was exactly what I needed for the month.
Jill

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
The Hotel C, Guest Relations Manager at The Hotel California, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
We are so pleased to hear you had a great experience staying with us! Thank you for highly recommending us ! We hope you are feeling much better! So sweet of you to post us a review months later, glad to see we made a lasting good impression :) Be sure to come back and see us soon!

Hamburg, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

The hotel that doesn't feel like a hotel. The room was spacious and not decorated like a hotel room. Hard wood floor, guitars, surfboards, pictures, all the nice little things you would put in your apartment. Hawaiian style. Perfect hangout. The way down to the beach - just footsteps. The hotel California is the way to experience California lifestyle.

Room Tip: Room number 35 is perfect.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for this awesome review!!! We are so happy to hear you appreciate all the little things we've done to make our guests' experience here, amazing. I'm happy to hear it didn't feel like a hotel, as we strive to make you feel at home :) Be sure to come back and hang out with us next time you find yourself in Cali! You can check-out of the Hotel California any time you like, But you can never leave!

Philadelphia, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

We spent a week in Ca and spent our last night here. About 200 gets you a clean room right off the beach. Only glitch we had was the homeless guy approaching us in the parking lot begging for anything. Could do without that. Rooms are clean.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed a clean room, right off the beach. I apologize for the glitch in your stay. Homelessness is an ongoing problem in Los Angeles. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention, as they are not permitted to be on the property, nor is it OK for them to be disturbing our guests. I will be taking measures to make sure this does not happen again in the future.

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This stay was just what I needed. Loved the BEDS they were so comfortable. The staff was all so awesome. Very Friendly, helpful and great with directions to place around. Loved Alex what a great choice for a Manager. So upbeat make made sure everything was perfect.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for writing us such a sincere review! We are happy to hear your stay with us was just what you needed. Many hotels buy there beds last, but here we know that a hotel is a place where people come to sleep! Thus, beauty rest mattresses that make sleeping- a pillow surfing delight! Thank you for speaking so highly about our staff. We are a team here at the Hotel California, and we believe our guests deserve only the best . Thank you tremendously for saying you think I'm a great choice for a Manager. I strive to provide our guests with genuine, authentic, California hospitality- that money just can't buy any more. Be sure to come back and see us!

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

The room was good sized, the beds were perfect, the decor a delight, the refrigerator and WiFi were appreciated. The location couldn't have been better, it is the closest hotel to the Santa Monica pier, which put us near the Promenade on 3rd Street. There was also a top quality Mexican restaurant (Casa Martin) which was perfect. The quaintness of the hotel was truly appreciated, it put us into another time, without forgoing modern needs. The staff was top notch, including the housekeeping department and I give it my highest marks.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for writing us such a genuine review. Your comments really mean a lot to us. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed our beauty rest beds, unique decor, and perfect location.
As manager, I am personally very pleased to hear that you feel our staff was top notch! We strive to provide the best service there is- knowing it's appreciated so much, by guests like yourself, makes us that much more happy, to do just that. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Remember, you can check-out of the Hotel California any time you like, But you can never leave! :)

(Guest Services Manager)

Been to The Hotel California? Share your experiences!