Location is pretty spot on, close to the beach and Santa Monica Pier. Rooms are basic, but OK. Thin, thin walls, so you'll hear everything that's going on. Minimalistic breakfast available in the microscopic lobby. There is no restaurant or other facilities. Like someone else wrote, it's more of a motel, except the missing parking space; you may have to park at the Loewes Hotel next door (only valet parking, $36) Full Wifi service is not free.
This place has some sort of backpacker atmosphere to it. It's decorated with guitars and surfboards, I think it's pretty ok for basic accommodation.
Staff was pleasantly "normal", I actually find the service-mindedness and politeness in many hotels a bit tiresome when it is overdone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located steps from the beach and from the famous Santa Monica Pier. Experience the laid back California lifestyle as it should be. Moments from the shopping and dining, Third Street Promenade, Venice and Muscle Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your The Hotel California reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- California Hotel Santa Monica
- Hotel California Santa Monica
- California Santa Monica