“They overbooked and overcharged!” 1 of 5 stars

Special Price
15% off room rate
Ranked #5 of 34 Hotels in Santa Monica
Oro Valley, Arizona
“They overbooked and overcharged!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I just made another trip to this hotel for business. It is in a great location and the rooms are very nice. The problem was that I decided to upgrade to a nicer room 2 months ago. When I went to check in they did not have my room as they were oversold. I was given a standard room but they charged me the upgraded rate. The gal at the front desk said they had no documents showing that I had upgraded. I quickly showed them to her. She then said my rate was still less than the "rack" rate. I told her we had a corporate contract. She said it would take some time to sort out. When I came back 5 hours later nothing had been done. I NEVER got even an I am sorry for not having the correct room and for some reason they did not believe they needed to change my rate to a standard rate. Next time I will stay at the Loews at any cost!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (349)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

This hotel was a big splurge for my boyfriend and I on our trip to LA. We were staying with friends all other nights, and wanted one special night. It really lived up to it's expectations. It was by far the highlight of our trip. We were even in sunny LA, and just wanted to hang out in robes in the hotel room. The staff was amazing, and really made us feel welcome. The mini bar wasn't even that expensive! Drinks at the pool were pricey, but we were coming from NYC, so not too phased by it. The proximity to the beach also makes this property invaluable. All rooms have ocean views!!!! You can't go wrong with this hotel.

Room Tip: All have ocean views!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I love this hotel- it is a perfect blend of old and new Los Angeles, and has such beautiful views. The Fig restaurant is great for all meals; both the gym and the nearby spa are lovely . Location-wise, it can't be beat for exploring Santa Monica and beyond-we especially love renting bikes to ride along the beach trail. The only problem with this hotel(and it is a huge problem) is the noise from the 'Bungalow' nightclub on the premises . Make sure to get a room on the north side of the property and you will miss the noise completely!! Otherwise, highly recommend

• Stayed November 2013
Banff, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We stayed at tower and had nice suite. Any Service we have received was amazing. It was a really good choice. Food at Fig Restaurant was to die for. I loved breakfasts there. The best grapefruit juice I have ever tasted in my life:) Really enjoyed our stay.

Stayed April 2014
Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

This is a great property if you want to revisit your college days. We had planned a very special Birthday weekend getaway in Santa Monica and we were very excited to stay at the Miramar Hotel after staying at several other Fairmont properties around the globe. First let me say that the Property itself is Beautiful and very tastefully decorated, the Food is superb and the level of customer service is outstanding! Upon arrival we were informed that we were upgraded to a direct Ocean view room (437) facing the Santa Monica Pier, we were thrilled when we got the room,it was beautiful and the view was incredible! Later that evening we went to Dinner and a nice walk after. Upon arriving back to the hotel we entered the property off of Wilshire and were immediately greeted with large groups of twenty-somethings hanging out and smoking cigarettes,one individual was even vomiting into the hedges and there were also about Two hundred people in line to get in the properties nightclub "The Bungalow". On the way back to the room we were very tired from the drive and were joking with each other that we were going to be kept awake all night...Guess What? That is exactly what happened for The next Three nights. Starting at about Seven PM every evening the music started playing and the place was packed...This went on every evening until 2am. We could not even open the door to our balcony in the evening to enjoy the nice cool ocean breeze. The front desk sent up a fan to mask the noise and several packages of earplugs but you could still hear the bass from the music, it was so bad the lamps in the room were vibrating...We averaged about 2-3 hours of sleep each evening which was totally unacceptable. I Called the front desk several times but there was really nothing they could do about the situation. During Checkout I voiced my concerns again and the Front desk clerk apologized and stated she would have the General Manager contact me as soon as possible, two weeks later and still no contact. BIG DISAPPOINTMENT! Bottom Line if you are looking for a nice romantic relaxing weekend getaway do you and your spouse a big favor and stay at "Shutters on the Beach" or "The Peninsula" in Beverly Hills or "The Bel Air Hotel".

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the Pool side facing Malibu so you dont have to listen to their Nightclub "Th...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

What a fantastic place. Such good value and a great location for everything that Santa Monica and LA have to offer. Cant praise it highly enough. Used this hotel as a base to explore Los Angeles and the Santa Monica area and it was absolutely superb.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

Just spent a long weekend at the Miramar and yes all the positive reviews are true. It is a fabulous facility with impeccable service. Our double room in the Tower was lovely, great view of the beach and the pool and bungalows below. we received nothing but the best service from the front desk staff, concierge and wait staff. BUT, the hotel seemed to have more going on than it could handle. there was a wedding and/or large function over the weekend which not only restricted access to the hotel via it's main entrance; it caused congestion in the bar and patio area so that it was near impossible to find a table or chair. I'm guessing that many guests at these functions were also staying at the hotel because the pool area was packed and after twice attempting to get some pool time into our visit, we just gave up. Most disappointing! To make matters worse, the hotel Restaurant, 'Fig' was closed for bar renovations on Monday morning which meant anyone who wanted breakfast was forced to find seating in the lobby bar or outdoor patio . Both areas became over-run with irate patrons while the desperate wait staff attempted to do their best. After waiting half an hour for our breakfast order, it arrived with an apology from our amazing waiter Mark T. Who informed us that it would be free of charge. So, yes I would recommend this hotel but suggest that when you book, find out if any renovations are happening and if any large events are booked during your stay.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows? Share your experiences!