“May be my favorite hotel EVER” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
15% off room rate
Ranked #5 of 34 Hotels in Santa Monica
Scottsdale, Arizona
“May be my favorite hotel EVER”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Let's start by saying I have stayed at a LOT of hotels...and this could very well be my favorite! The view of the beach from my room, fabulous, FIG the restaurant, some of the best food in California, Bungalow, SO FUN! I saw some celebs there as well, very cool. The pool had great food and drinks as well... you are missing out if you don't try the cob salad. I ordered it three times while there!

The staff while checking in was great, they took such great care of me for my early arrival. I can't wait to go visit again, it will definitely be in the near future. I have convinced all my friends to start staying there as well.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
CarlySkinner, Director of Rooms at Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Dear Scruffy26 –

Let ME start by saying…I love your user name. And thank you for the five stars! It sounds like you experienced everything we have to offer from fun in the sun to a night out at Bungalow, and I’m so pleased we impressed on all accounts….especially the Cobb salad (which I order all the time too!!)

Thank you so much for passing on the praise to your friends and family, and please let me know if I may be of any assistance making arrangements for you now or in the future!

Director of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (349)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

I'm absolutely in love with this beachy location that feels lush and green thanks to the massive fig tree and greenery around the property. This place feels unique and secluded next to other hotels that go far too stark and modern to stand out.

Brigitte was my facialist at the spa, and it was truly the best facial I have ever had, and I probably have 20 facials a year at high end spas.

The Fig Restaurant was incredible. I had the trout for dinner, and started with the ceviche. The service was very attentive as well, which does not always happen in Los Angeles.

The driveway up itself is worth a visit, but you won't be disappointed if you go inside. The Bungalow Bar is nice too on weekdays.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear OrchidGardener –

I’m absolutely in love with this review! We pride ourselves on being a resort-style oasis in the middle of bustling Santa Monica, and our lush landscape and tranquil spa only enhance that feeling. I will be sure to pass your kind words on to Brigitte at exhale…we are truly lucky to be home to one of the top spas and fitness facilities in Los Angeles!

What is always the most rewarding for us is receiving comments about service, and to say the service in FIG stands out against all the restaurants LA has to offer means so much. Thank you!

Come back soon! I’m sure you could use another break from all that NYC snow!

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

This was our first visit to LA and Santa Monica was a short stopover before heading back to Sydney, Australia. Our experience at the Fairmont Miramar was exceptional and from the moment we arrived we found our experience with every member of staff was professional, friendly and very helpful.

The hotel is beautifully appointed and our room well maintained and luxurious. We loved eating at Fig Restaurant every morning and recommend the pancakes! The hotel is within an easy walk to the Third Street Promenade shopping and dining area, as well as Santa Monica Pier.

We particularly liked the option of accessing the hotel's complimentary bicycles as we were able to ride along the ocean front shared walk/cycleway to see the many sites along the beach and Pacific Coast Highway. We also rode to Montana Avenue shops between 7th and 14th streets which are less touristy and with wonderful cafes. Although not within the hotel, we'd also recommend visiting the rooftop/penthouse bar of the Huntley which is in 2nd Street and opposite the Fairmont for the ride in the external glass elevator to enjoy the wonderful views across the city.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Fairmont Miramar and hope to return soon!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear B2B1994 –

I’m so pleased we could show you such a great first time in LA! Santa Monica is the perfect introduction to all LA has to offer, and nothing is more representative of Santa Monica than The Miramar. And yes, the pancakes are incredible. I would probably stay here just to eat them every morning.

Thank you for the lovely comments about our wonderful team here. I do hope you reach out to me when planning your return visit so I may ensure another exceptional stay!

La Jolla, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

We just got home from the Fairmont Miramar, literally 5 minutes ago and I immediately pulled out my computer so that I could write a review about our amazing experience at this hotel. Everyone was very welcoming from the minute we drove onto the property. We were happy with the hotel facilities, location and value but what sets this hotel apart is the staff. Unfortunately on the day we were supposed to check out both my husband and my son got really sick. This is where the "above and beyond" kicks in. Their staff, especially Matthew Washton went out of their way to help us out. Ginger ale and crackers were sent to our room immediately and we were assured that whatever they could do to make us more comfortable they would do. They rearranged their check ins so that we could keep the room we were in another day and they even went to the trouble of finding another room on the same floor for me to stay in so that I didn't have to sleep in the "sick room". I am so grateful for this 5 Star treatment. Thank you Matthew and everyone at the Fairmont Miramar that came to our rescue! By the way, the chicken soup from room service is the best I've ever had! Big thanks to Amber at the concierge desk too. If you want to stay at a beautiful beach hotel in Santa Monica with a friendly, welcoming vibe then this is your hotel.

Room Tip: the south side of the building has a view of the Santa Monica Pier and the north side of the buildin...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear Sabnel –

Thank you so much for not wasting a second to share such wonderful comments about our team! Matt Washton and Amber gave perfect examples of doing what we do best – taking care of our guests. That’s what being in hospitality is all about, isn’t it?? I’m sorry your stay was disrupted by the sudden illness, but I’m thrilled the staff was able to make things somewhat bearable for you!

Please let me know when you’ll be returning next…Matt will be waiting at the Front Drive with that big smile of his ready to welcome you back!

Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

The management team at this hotel is, for lack of a better term, terrible. Specifically, the guest services manager Brady Reid (310-576-7777, Braden.reid@fairmont.com). The staff called me racial slurs and Brady never apologized. Brady accused me of urinating in the hallway even though he could not produce video evidence. In fact, he stated that he did not need to produce video evidence. To sum it up, Brady, who has a responsibility to serve guests in a respectful manner, did not perform. He was pretensions in dealing with the situation and refused go listen to my side of the story.

Stayed January 2014
Our Hotel Manager felt so strongly about this review, he wanted to respond personally.

Dear Brett E,

I am as shocked and offended by your depiction of our team as I was by your behavior at our property. To lash out in this forum in such a slanderous manner is inappropriate and further speaks to the lack of class and decency you have already demonstrated. Conduct such as yours is not condoned at the Fairmont Miramar and out of respect to or valued guests you will no longer be welcome here.

Matthew Lehman
Hotel Manager
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

The front desk team - Candace, Jordan and Carly - offered outstanding understanding and terrific customer service in response to my need for assistance on short notice. They were thoughtful problem-solvers, flexible and "can do" from start to finish. I will definitely recommend the Fairmont Miramar to friends and family. The hospitality, kindness and follow through are best in class.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear 987WWebb –

Thank you for such a wonderful review! Though I can’t take any credit for what transpired during your visit with us – that was all Candace and Jordan. We are so lucky to have those girls at the Front Desk representing our property and the highest standards of guest service we provide.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon, though hopefully with a little less drama but the same hospitality and kindness!

Canmore, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

We've stayed here four times and enjoyed the experience immensely each visit. I'm a big Fairmont fan as I know what to expect. This property has the best location immaginable in Santa Monica - you can walk anywhere you need to go. And, it is spacious - beautiful grounds, big pool area, excellent spa and fitness facilities. We usually stay in a bungalow which really gives you a unique experience - lots of LA history at this place! We've seen all kinds of celebrities coming through here and also saw an episode of NCIS being shot in the lobby. Great place for a getaway.

Room Tip: Bungalow closest to Fig is a good choice.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Andrew S –

Now that is a fantastic review! Thank you! And thank you for choosing to return to us again and again. A stay at The Miramar is truly a unique experience…when I walk through the Bungalow gardens and think of all those Hollywood golden-era celebrities that walked there before me, I get chills! And it is better today than its ever been, I can assure you.

Please reach out to me before your next visit so I can figure out how to get that fifth star in your next review!

Director of Rooms

Been to Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows? Share your experiences!