“Four 1/2 says it better” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
15% off room rate
Ranked #5 of 34 hotels in Santa Monica
Miami, Florida
“Four 1/2 says it better”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

You simply can't beat the location, period! Service is classic Fairmount, amongst the best the industry can offer. BUT -- the infrastructure, while updated frequently and kept in excellent condition, is dated and rooms are amongst the smallest you will ever encounter. For sure, each room has sliding glass doors to a patio with ocean view -- obviously the higher and further west the better. I've been coming here for 30 years and although I have tried several other hotels in the area I keep returning the Miramar. One MUST is brunch on the patio, watching the turtles sunning themselves near your table.

Room Tip: High floors towards the west are the best and most difficult to get. Don't forget brunch on the...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

1,271 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I just stayed there last night, and when I got home I realized I had left my very special stuffed animal there. I called right away and they had it waiting there for me and shipped it to my house. It was great!! An amazing trip too!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

A terrible welcome. We had two rooms booked and the bell boys asked if it was "ok to send them to one room and we could sort out" when checking in we were asked to wait, four staff stood there doing stuff. One room ready the other was not. No estimate given or facilities provided. 45 minutes after checkin bags still not in room. Chased 2 times.

• Stayed November 2013
CarlySkinner, Director of Rooms at Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Dear nickbelluk –

My sincerest apologies for the welcome you received upon arrival (or lack thereof). We saw your review come in while you were still here, and attempted to reach out to you but were unsuccessful.

I encourage you to reach out to me directly at carly.skinner@fairmont.com so you can let me know how the rest of your stay went. “Rude and unhelpful” are not the adjectives usually used to describe our staff, so I would love the opportunity to speak further.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

I cannot rave about this hotel enough! I came here for my 21st birthday with my parents and best friends and the hotel and overall experience was phenomenal! I have to give special mention to Amber on the concierge desk! Amber, you made our hollywood dreams come true! Thank you so much for going above and beyond for us!!!!!

I will definitely come back to the Fairmont again and again. Amazing hotel with ideal location to 3rd street and the pier as well as brilliant facilities in the hotel.

If you are staying in the hotel definitely eat at Fig it was delicious!

Room Tip: Our parents had a better view of beach, but we still had an okay view though.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Worth the extra cost. Everything is first class. A great meal in Fig during happy hour was half off. Not often I get a bill that's less than the bottle of wine I ordered. I got to do my Whitey Bulger impression and walk along the beach. Didn't see the feds.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
CarlySkinner, Director of Rooms at Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Dear caliregit –

Thank you so much for the five star review! I wish I had the chance to meet you during your stay but unfortunately by the time I read this you had “Departed”.

See you next time?

Agoura, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Had a great girls' weekend at the Fairmont. Beautiful location and impressive indoor/outdoor gym. Also, the hotel staff made sure that I had an extra special birthday celebration. Emily Elizabeth at the front desk in particular went out of her way to make sure that as soon as I stepped in the front lobby, my birthday would start out right. Great stay!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear alexandra m –

Happy Belated Birthday!! I have to agree we are the perfect spot for a girls getaway weekend – there really is no need to leave! I’m impressed you made time to work out during your vacation and were able to check out our recently renovated fitness center…hopefully you were able to indulge a bit in our other outlets and reward yourself!

Thank you for the shout-out for Emily! She’s one of the best, and that’s why we keep her front and center at the Front Desk. That type of personalized service is what we are all about.

See you next time!

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

I joined my husband for his business conference that was hosted at this hotel. We arrived before check in and the woman at the front desk offered to keep our bags for us so we could walk to the pier until our room was ready. She actually even called us when the room was ready, which was great. The location is perfect. Right by the beach and shopping. The gym and spa facilities are awesome. I worked out every morning. They supply everything - even headphones (which was nice since I forgot mine). I also enjoyed a massage that was so relaxing and a really good experience. The hotel room was very clean and we had a great view from our 6th floor room. That is something that I would request - ask for a room on one of the higher floors. The room was a good size and was very clean. I would definitely stay here again if given the chance. It was a great hotel!

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Cheryl S –

Sounds like you were able to turn your husband’s business trip into such a nice getaway! You experienced pretty much everything we have to offer, so thank you for the rave reviews across the board!

Please let me know the next time you and your husband are in town…I’ll make sure we block your room on the highest floor possible to ensure a fantastic view!

Director of Rooms

Been to Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows? Share your experiences!