“Great gym in the hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
15% off room rate
Ranked #5 of 34 Hotels in Santa Monica
Los Angeles
“Great gym in the hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

The gym at the Fairmont Miramar Hotel is terrific. They have just enough equipment to use (not to mention the glorious view) and it's very welcoming and user-friendly. If you want something to be different in the gym while working out, make sure to ask Edgar. He is very professional and wants the guests to have great workouts. If the air conditioning is blowing too hard, or the music is too loud, he will happily fix these things immediately. They are blessed to have Edgar working at this hotel.

From a well-pleased fitness buff

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
CarlySkinner, Director of Rooms at Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Dear 3Sunny3 –

Wow, this is the second shout-out Edgar has gotten on Trip Advisor in two weeks! Thank you for your kind words – we really are very lucky to have him and the rest of our outstanding Risk Management team working so hard day in and day out.

And thank you for the comments about our fitness center! The entire space was renovated just this past June and everything from the flooring, to the towels, to every piece of equipment is brand new and top-of-the-line. We love it too, and are so glad we can contribute to your daily satisfying work-outs!

Director of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (349)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Farmington, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

My husband and I spent a week at the resort over Labor Day as we were visiting our daughter who lives in town. The Fairmont is in a fantastic location at Ocean Blvd and Wilshire at the north end of the Third Street Promenade. Close enought to walk to all the action but not in the heart of the touristy stuff. We opted for an oceanview King and had breathtaking nightly sunsets from our balcony facing Northwest. The hotel has complementary BMW mountain bikes which we used daily on the beach path which we could ride down to via the California incline that connects Ocean Blvd and the PCH. Also complimentary was car service within 3 miles of the hotel which was a huge perk for Santa Monica where parking is expensive and sometimes hard to find. The concierge service was the best we have ever had at a resort. When we used them for dinner reservations we always ended up in the best seat at the nicest restaurants from Malibu to Santa Monica, even with a complementary dessert once. The hotel also has a "beach club" where they have valets on the beach with beach chairs and umbrellas setup for guests, and a jeep to shuttle you down there. The food at Fig, the hotels restaurant was great with nice open setting open to the pool area. We found all employees to be extremely helpful and friendly which you don't always find even in a high end resort. We would definately stay at this hotel again and will recommend it to anyone who wants to enjoy Santa Monica to the fullest.

Room Tip: Higher floors facing NW with an ocean view are a must to get a fantastic view of the mountains and t...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Ann P –

What a fantastic review…thank you!!! Our Concierge team is on fire with all the positive feedback we have been receiving about them! Kyle, Ryan, Azar, and Amber are some of the best in the business and they deserve to be recognized.

It sounds like you were truly able to enjoy everything we have to offer and I’m so pleased we were able to contribute to such a memorable getaway. Please let me know when you are planning to visit your daughter next! I would love to offer any assistance I can in planning your return trip.

Hope to see you again soon!

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We did not have the wedding at the Fairmont, however most of the guests stayed at the Fairmont. We had a welcome Celebration outside by the bungalows instead of a Rehearsal dinner. Every part of our stay was excellent from the bellman REO and Julian to Candace who checked us in and took care of us for the days we were there. The food, the service,the rooms, and the staff were incredible. So thanks to all.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Gary515 –

You’re very welcome! And thank YOU for the rave review! I will be sure to personally thank and recognize Reo, Julian, and Candace for their notable hospitality. I’m so pleased you and the rest of your group had such a wonderful experience with us – we are a wedding destination unlike any other, even if the actual ceremony is not on property!

Congratulations, and please let us know when you are ready to plan your next special event!!!

Brisbane Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

The tone of this hotel was set by the fact that the bulb in the elevator button was out which meant we didn't know if the elevator was working. We had two rooms and the bedside clock was way wrong in both! This shows very inefficient housekeeping. Also the Internet was incredibly slow.

This we could bear – what we could not handle were dogs everywhere and to be kept awake by a dog yapping in the room next door.

Room Tip: Don't pick a room over the outdoor beer garden on a Friday night – noisy
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Noel100 –

It sounds like you had a most unpleasant stay and for that I sincerely and deeply apologize. I do have good news though…after reading your review I tested all the elevator buttons myself (it took awhile) and then had a technician dispatched immediately. You will be pleased to know they are all currently in working order and brighter than ever.

And regarding the Internet…we underwent several updates recently which caused the network to be down for small stretches of time. However, we now have one of the fastest connections in the city!!

Should you find yourself in the Santa Monica/Los Angeles area again in the future, please reach out to me directly. I am confident I can find arrangements for you on our property away from yappy dogs and rowdy guests to show you we can do better than the impression you were left with. And I will be sure to check your bedside clocks personally.

Manhattan Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

My wife and I along with our French Bulldog (who was treated like a king by the staff) had a very relaxing stay at the Fairmont Miramar. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. We had a fantastic dinner at Fig where everyone was also very friendly and the food delicious. We stayed in one of the bungalows and it was very roomy, comfortable and well appointed.You can take a short walk to The Third Street Promanade or walk to the beach or stay around the pool in the daytime and visit the very popular The Bungalow for the cool nightlife. I would recommend the hotel for the courtesy and friendliness of the the staff along with the well maintained property and the overall pleasant experience.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Jackson5375 –

Thank you so much for your review! I’m pretty sure I remember your dog…he was just the cutest and is welcome back any time! You and your wife are more than welcome to accompany him as well :)

Hope to see you all again sooner than later!!

San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

The hotel is well located & enjoyable whether you stay in the tower or the fabulous cottages. The towers offer an ocean view and even the Santa Monica pier but the cottages offer the pleasure of privacy and a summer beach type experience. Actually you do not even need to venture beyond the hotel to have a great time. The food is good ; the spa excellent and the vistas rewarding. It is an easy walk if you want to explore decent shops and excellent restaurants in Santa Monica.. The drive is also easy off business hours if you are up for Art in the local galleries or even the LA County Museum. I like this location as it is accessible to LA culture but has a laid back friendly am own e with an efficient friendly staff.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear ECAMERONSanFrancisco –

What a great write-up, thank you! I agree with you that despite our fantastic location, it really isn't necessary to leave the hotel! We are a destination property in an urban setting, and it doesn’t get much better. Your review sums up the culture of our hotel – we are fun, beachy, and approachable, but never lose sight of our luxury service standards.

Please let me know when you are ready to plan your next trip down the coast! I hope to welcome you back soon!

Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

I spent the entire Labor Day weekend here and it was amazing. From the Pleasent staff to the great in house restraunt FIG!!! The relaxation Center was one of my favorite amenities that the hotel provided. It was like a mini spa including a steam room and sauna, showers and a quiet place to just relax. We also took the bikes out a couple of times and really enjoyed that! Not to mention the view from our balcony was perfect overlooking the beach!
NIghtlife: The Bungalow!!! Boom! I loved the overall feeling here! The decor was spot on and i really had a good time!

Thank you for everything Fairmont Staff :) Wonderful stay

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Talawna D –

BOOM! I love it!!! Thank you so much for such an enthusiastic and rave review! If I was here over Labor Day weekend, I would probably just shuttle myself back and forth between the exhale spa and Bungalow, stopping only for a quick bite at FIG. So it sounds like you had my kind of vacation. I’m so glad you had such a great time!! Hopefully we see you during your next long weekend!

Director of Rooms

Been to Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows? Share your experiences!