“Excellant Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 34 hotels in Santa Monica
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Excellant Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

After a long drive this hotel ticked all the boxes! We were greeted by a valet who parked the car, took our cases and handed us a drink. Check in was seamless, we were slightly early so the room wasn't quite ready. We left out belongings with the receptionist and went to get something to eat from the pool bar. Rooms are a good size and very clean. The pool area is quite small and we did struggle with sun beds but the staff were really helpful 9 times of 10 found us somewhere to sit. Santa Monica itself is my new favorite place, absolutely loved it and very much hope to return in the future and will definitely stay at the Fairmont.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
CarlySkinner, Director of Rooms at Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear leedslady083 –

Santa Monica has always been my favorite area of LA too, and I am so pleased we are your new favorite hotel in your new favorite vacation spot!! It sounds like service start to finish was spot-on, and I will be sure to share this with our staff here. Sorry about your frustration poolside, but that’s why we have such a fantastic team out there – to make pool chairs magically appear when you need them so you don’t miss a moment of sun!

Thank you for your review and please feel free to reach out to me directly to plan your next trip!

1,257 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (311)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I frequently visit Santa Monica, and when I do, I stay at the Fairmont Hotel & Bungalows. The location, wonderful service, amenities and beautiful grounds are what make this hotel such a great place to visit!

I have stayed in the Bungalows in the past, which I LOVE and are very cozy and comfortable. This time, however, I stayed in the high rise building with a gorgeous view of the ocean. The sunsets and sunrise were absolutely breath taking! The housekeeping staff kept our room impeccable, with morning coffee and newspapers, daily stay over service, and evening turn down service.

We utilized many of the hotel's amenities. We used the complimentary bikes to ride up and down ocean avenue, and visit the nearby Saturday and Sunday market. We also had the jeep bring us down to the beach where they had umbrellas and chairs waiting for us! The poolside service at the hotel is great, offering amazing cocktails and a wonderful menu from FIG Restaurant. So yummy! Near the pool is the relaxation center, which was so refreshing to visit after a long day at the beach.

Everything is just so close, easy and accommodating; just how a vacation should be! The Fairmont does it right! I can't wait to go back and visit. This is, hands down, my favorite vacation spot! :)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear JenniferColleen –

Thank you so much for your review and for your continued loyalty!! I love that you were able to experience a different room category this time around and get a sense of how we have a little something for all tastes. Your review clearly proves its title – we are the best hotel in Santa Monica!!

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

The moment we arrived we felt welcome. The staff went out of their way to make sure we were completely happy and had everything we needed. They had complimentary bikes to use and my husband really enjoyed that. The food was fantastic and the service was awesome. We would definitely recommend this place to friends and are looking forward to returning again.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Tbfoot –

At the core of our standards, that is what we strive to do – make our guests feel welcome. Many people consider our hotel a home away from home, so we are working on perfecting the art of making our guests feel like family. I’m so glad we were so successful with you!! Thank you for recommending us to your friends and please let me know when you are ready to plan your return trip!

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I've stayed in several santa Monica hotels and this one has something for everyone. There is a newer tower of rooms as well as an older tower with larger, nicely appointed rooms by the spa. In addition, you can stay in one of the beautiful bungles clustered outside , surrounding the pool and garden.
There is a restaurant and also outdoor dining is available adjacent to the lobby bar lounge where all three meals are served as well as late night drinks and snacks.
This is a great hotel for gathering as a family, as friends or for couples as well... And just steps from the beach and great restaurants too. Finally, the hotel provides guests with outstanding car service throughout the santa Monica area - which is extremely convenient.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Vixvegas –

Your review perfectly sums up our property – we have something for everyone. Whether you want to be tucked away in a bungalow set back and secluded in our gardens, or enjoy the sunset from your 10th floor tower suite looking out towards Malibu, we have a room for you.

It sounds like you were able to enjoy our many amenities as well, and I’m so glad you enjoyed your stay! Hopefully we see you again soon since you are just a short drive away in Vegas!

Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Fantastic hotel but the service is what makes this place stand out. Upon check-out I had forgotten a very important and nice dress shirt in my room. It was hanging in the closet and was realized when I got to my cabin on a quick cruise for a bachelor party. When I returned home I called the hotel and they were on top of it. I spoke with Edgar Garcia and he personally went back to the lost and found area to find my shirt with the description I have him. He also shipped it back to me personally. Huge thanks to Edgar Garcia for help and professionalism on this. I will be back soon!!

Ryan
Scottsdale, AZ

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Ryan N –

I would say I will share this amazing feedback with Edgar personally, but I guarantee his team has already printed this out and posted it in the Risk Management office! What wonderful feedback and thank you so much for recognizing Edgar’s efforts. As a hotel, we always promote service-first, and this is a prime example of why we are so good at what we do.

I hope you enjoyed the bachelor party, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Tahiti, French Polynesia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I travelled a lot and never saw staff like this, no one even looks at you when you pass by, no one says hello, they are laughing between them and do not even consider you. The restaurants and breakfast work without even looking at you, but playing with their chewing gum, it is really not appropriate.
The housekeeping team made amazing job, and were really nice, that is the only thing we were happy with.
The hotel is nice, good location, we loved the outside sofas behind the pool.
Never again

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Lilou C –

I have to admit your review was very difficult to read amidst all the five star reviews we have been receiving. It sounds like we must have been having a seriously “off” day, and I will certainly address your comments with our staff to ensure we are always acknowledging our guests and NEVER chewing gum on the floor (if I find out who this was, there will be serious consequences as this is a huge pet peeve of mine…)

I encourage you to reach out to me directly so we can discuss your stay further. I hate to read you would never stay with us again, and I’m sure I can change your mind. I look forward to hearing from you!

Denver, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

The property feels like an oasis, service is great, and the rooms are very nice. The location cannot be beat. It's within walking distance to several very good bars, restaurants, running trails, yoga studios. The views to the north are incredible from the higher floor rooms. And the access to the rest of LA isn't bad with PCH and the 10 Freeway just down the California incline (depending on traffic). LA can feel like a concrete jungle but the Fairmont property is so lush with fountains and a very nice pool area, it feels like an escape. Best place to stay on the westside.

Room Tip: Stay in the new tower on a higher floor if you can get the rate you need.