“Elegant!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 34 hotels in Santa Monica
Vero Beach, Florida
“Elegant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

Great location on Ocean Drive. Beautiful entrance to the hotel...many bellmen to help with luggage and to welcome you. Easy check in. The lobby has many seating areas, which was nice because I had a long wait before our cruise group left the following morning. My room was so big and comfy. It had a cushy robe, as you'd expect. The bathroom was large with bathtub and separate shower, wonderful soaps and shampoos provided. The hotel restaurant is Figs, named after the giant fig tree in the driveway to the hotel. I had three meals there...L,D and breakfast. All delicious, fresh market meals with local in-season produce.
The most fun thing was NCIS-LA was filming in the lobby the morning of my long wait. Chris O'Donnell and LL Cool J interacted with us and were very nice! It was fun to see the behind the scenes of a TV series. The lobby has coffee by 6am before Figs opens for breakfast. I worked out at Exhale, the incredibly appointed, clean gym. Towels and water provided.
I would stay hear anytime I'm in LA...short ride from LAX...Third Street Promenade with Nordstrom's and many great stores and restaurants is a block east of the hotel. I can't say enough about the Fairmont Miramar!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the beach. I faced the pool and bungalows, it was quiet, but a beach view woul...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

1,271 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

We recently came back from staying 3 nights at the Fairmont and found the hotel to have everything we needed/required. We received an upgraded room to premier which had views out to the ocean and pier and was very well laid out and comfortable.

Staff here are exceptional and friendly - nothing is too much, they are very helpful.

I wish we had longer to enjoy the spa facilities, but there was so much for us to see as it was our first time in LA.

Concierge staff gave us so much information about how to get around and booking trips and also offered us use of the house car, so that we could have a stroll along Venice Beach.
I must note in particular Ryan who was very helpful providing us with information about the local area and Azar who did her absolute best to help regarding a purchase from a shop on rodeo drive, when we had been given the wrong size - thankyou!

The staff really make this place special - always pleasant, smiling and working hard!

Our only negative is that we are used to hotels (especially 5 star quality) providing tea and coffee making facilities in the room as we like a cuppa each morning.

I would definitely stay here again in the future, due to the staff, comfort and the location.

Room Tip: West facing rooms have good views
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

I've stayed at Fairmont Miramar with my husband and three children for a week.The location is perfect, many rooms with ocean view, and Sta. Monica's pier view, steps away from the 3rd. street promenade. Nice place to ride a bike and go for a walk. The staff was very friendly and we were promptly assisted in all we asked for.

Room Tip: suites are large enough for a family of five, but we preferredtwo connecting rooms to have two bathr...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

The overall quality of this hotel is hard to overstate. Each room appears to have been individually decorated. The furnishings are top quality. There is a great variety to the rooms. I have stayed in a bungalow, in a two room suite, and in a room with a balcony and an ocean view. All truly unique. The hotel staff is considerate and goes out of their way to make it a comfortable stay. It is a short walk to a variety of restaurants outside the hotel. The walk along the ocean is just across the street from the hotel.

I have not used the hotel pool.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

I love this hotel! I always wish I could stay longer. The location is fantastic. The grounds are gorgeous. You're steps away from the beach. And the bed/linens are unbelievably comfortable. I'm eager to stay here again!

Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Jaclynn B, Public Relations Manager at Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows, responded to this review, January 20, 2012
Thank you very much for your kind words about our hotel. We’re thrilled you enjoyed your stay and time spent in Santa Monica. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Warrington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

Situated on the corner of Wilshire and Ocean Ave, the Miramar could not be located better. Uninterrupted ocean views from the west facing rooms, it is everything a five star hotel should be. Lovely reception staff and very good porterage. we were upgraded to a Junior Suite which was very nice and comfortable. Great bed and lots of lovely pillows, with a nice big bathroom. I suppose it happens quite a lot in LA, -- they were shooting an episopde of NCIS.LA in the gardens whilst we were there, -- good for celeb watch. We did not use the restaurants, but the food looked very good

Room Tip: West or South facing rooms have an ocean view.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
San Fr
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

I stayed here on a business trip for one night, and wish I could have been there longer... Next time I am in the area I will definitely stay here again! The common areas of the hotel are beautiful, the staff is wonderful; first-class all the way.

The room was comfortable, quiet, clean, and well-appointed, and had a wonderful view of the beach and the pacific ocean. Waking up to the sun rising over the city and looking out over beach after a great night's sleep in a super comfortable bed - not a bad way to start the day.

The food at Fig Restaurant was delicious as well - all fresh ingredients, welcoming decor and attentive staff.

Overall, this was a great stay - highly recommended!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Been to Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows? Share your experiences!