After much shopping around, we picked the Fairmont Miramar Hotel for a recent 4 night visit. We got a rate of essentially $259/nt by booking a Deluxe Ocean View Tower Room using the Stay 4 Nights/Get 1 Free promotion. Here are the highlights:
1. Beautiful Decor and Grounds- The hotel felt like a luxurious, old money resort hidden amongst lush tropical foliage. Our room was decorated in a neo-Colonial style with stylish dark wood furnishings, flat screen TV, grasscloth wallpaper, etc... Also, as regards our view, it was amazing to see the Pacific Ocean and the Malibu coastline from our balcony.
> 2. Great Service- Every staff member we encountered had a friendly smile and helpful attitude. The room we received on the first night didn't get as cool with A/C as we wanted so the Front Desk Manager personally escorted us to a room on the 9th floor to let us see if the temperature was to our liking. It was and we were impressed by this personal level of attention.
> 3. Toiletries/Cleanliness- I am always curious about hotel toiletries and in the case of the Fairmont, I was pleased to see that there were Miller Harris Citron Citron toiletries in the room which were plentiful and smelled wonderful. On the topic of smell and cleanliness, the hotel was kept extremely clean on a constant basis and had a wonderful aroma in the main areas. The gym had a light pleasant cedar smell that was very spa-like.
4. Fitness Facility- The equipment was clean, top of the line and in excellent condition. There were complimentary apples, ice water with cucumber slices as well as ice water with lemon slices, the NY Times, the LA Times and the FT newspapers on a daily basis. The workout room had French Doors which looked out to a lovely Veranda and over the pool. I worked out 3 mornings in a row and each time, one if not two staff members were there disinfecting the equipment, tidying up and generally keeping the place spotless.
5. Location- I loved the location of the Fairmont. It was on Ocean Blvd and was about a block away from the hub-bub of Third St which made that area accessible but thankfully did not place us right in the noise/crowds. Also, FYI, the Fairmont was not "on the beach" but rather on bluffs which overlook the beach. We accessed the beach via a 10 minute walk.
Other things to consider...
1. Parking- To avoid the Fairmont's $30/nt parking charge, we parked at the public parking garage on Wilshire and 2nd St which is about 100 feet from the hotel entrance and cost only $10/night. It was super easy and very safe.
2. Morning Coffee- Surprisingly, coffee makers aren't std equipment in the Fairmont's rooms but we noticed another guest asked for a coffee maker for their room so we did the same. We were given at no charge a Krups Coffee Maker, a selection of Wolfgang Puck coffee and various coffee accoutrements which were replenished daily.
3. Bathroom Doors- This did not matter to me but our bathroom door was not a solid door but rather a set of louvered shutters through which "sounds" could travel. There was also no lock. My husband thought this was a little less-than-private... but I thought the louvers fit the decor.
4. Pool- The Pool is beautiful but it does not get much sun and there are only about 50 sunchairs crowded around the small-ish pool. From our balcony, we saw guests frantically hustling out to the pool at 8 am to "stake their claim" to a chair. If you are a sun worshipper, this pool is probably not the place for you.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Miramar Hotel And Bungalows
- Fairmont Santa Monica
- Santa Monica Fairmont