“3 Star wannabe, run like a 1 1/2 star” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Santa Monica At The Pier

You added Wyndham Santa Monica At The Pier to your Saves list
Wyndham Santa Monica At The Pier
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   120 Colorado Avenue, Santa Monica, CA 90401 (Santa Monica)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #25 of 34 Hotels in Santa Monica
Scottsdale, Arizona
“3 Star wannabe, run like a 1 1/2 star”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We wanted to wake up near the ocean for a morning walk and picked Wyndham based on price and location. Parking is a disaster, the street in front of the hotel is under construction so you either pay the hotel to park it overnight for $47! (10 valet plus 37) or drive around the block to get into the good municipal lot across the street for $19. The self park should be easy to do normally, but with the one way street construction, it is tricky, and the hotel was completely unwilling to assist. There was a cleaning guy in the lobby, complete with dirty mop bucket on wheels, chatting with the girl behind the desk-made for an elegant lobby scene. The entrance was dirty and run down, the hallway carpets were stained and filthy, the room was tired and poorly maintained. The AC cover was hanging half off the unit. Overall it looked like a hotel that was once up to Wyndham 2 1/2 star standards, but is being run into the ground due to poor management. I would never stay here again, big mistake.

Room Tip: Even number rooms are right on HWY 10 where it meets Hwy 1-lots of traffic noise all night. Odd num...
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Turkish first
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Good resort at The Pier, the best seaview rooms ever experienced, a lot of families stays there.I will tell my friends and recommend it.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

No view from room as windows so dirty. After having travelled 2700 miles across USA and stayed in many hotels was disappointed no fridge provided and although a minor matter toiletries not replaced after first night. Pool although looked nice was at end of garage and very noisy with traffic. Room was comfortable and bathroom was small though adequate. Staff were helpful.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

All of the staff were very friendly and accommodating. The only thing we had problems with is the room key. Almost every day we had to get rekeyed because it stopped working in the elevator or the room lock. Since there were two keys, we had to always get them both done at the same time.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Ahmed S, Director of Rooms at Wyndham Santa Monica At The Pier, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Thank you for taking the time and sharing your experience with us. We truly appreciate you recognizing our staff and their efforts in making your stay exceptional. I'm very sorry to hear about your room keys not working properly which caused an inconvenience on your stay. We hope to see you back with us in the upcoming future.
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I don't know what the negative reviews are about with the renovations. The hotel is doing it's best to upgrade it's hotel... this process isn't able to be done overnight and honestly, I thought they did a great job with what they had to work with. From what I hear, the renovations were completed shortly after my stay, so hopefully people can focus there reviews on the actual hotel now.

I stayed here, as I have on numerous occasions (from back when it was a Holiday Inn), but this was my first stay since it has become a Wyndham. I got into Santa Monica early (well before the 3pm check in time) but wanted to park at the hotel so I didn't have to find a lot, walk around, get the car and move it to the hotel. The attendant was very understanding and let me park the car that morning, even going so far as to leave it up front as opposed to parking underneath, so I could just quickly check in and be on my way to the beach and then grab my luggage when I got back. This was great as I didn't have to store it in the hotel and had access to it if I needed anything. The check in was flawless and the staff was very friendly. I thought some kind of hassle would come up because of my getting there early, but everyone was extremely accommodating. The customer service truly is impeccable.

The location is great and I feel the price is really reasonable for the area and for the rooms as well. Of course you're going to be paying more for this Wyndham than you would for one in the city. The beach and the most famous pier in the world are literally 20 feet across the street!! It always amazes me to read in these reviews that the hotel is more expensive than other Wyndham's. There's a reason that apartments for rent in Santa Monica are about $500-$1000/month more than apartments in Hollywood. It's all about location. This is a super safe area too. There are stores and bars and restaurants all around the area. If you stay at this hotel and are looking for a quick drink, my suggestion would be go to Chez Jay's. It's right next to the hotel and it's one of THE BEST dive bars in the world. It's been open since 1957 and nothing has really changed. It's like taking a quick trip into the 1950's. It's a short walk to the Venice Boardwalk and there are just limitless things to do around the area. You can't beat this location.

The room was more than fine. It was quite spacious. I had a comfortable king bed. A couch. Flat screen TV and nice solid wooden furniture. They've done a real nice job giving it that "beach room" feel. It was nicely painted and the carpets are obviously new and clean. And the views are great. The way the hotel is positioned, I don't imagine there is a bad view in any of the rooms. I actually mellowed out at the end of a long, long day/night by having a scotch and just sitting and looking out the window with some Beach Boys music playing. The lights on Ocean Ave are just hypnotic at night. The bathroom was fine also. A standard bathroom with a shower/tub combo and shampoo/conditioner/body lotions were provided. The room was very clean and I was totally happy with what I got, especially for the price that I paid. I paid about half of what other hotels were charging to be that close to the beach. Don't expect the Ritz Carlton, but it's a nice and comfortable room.

I was a little worried hearing that my beloved Holiday Inn moved out of this hotel. But, I am really glad that I gave this Wyndham a chance. My stay was fantastic, the customer service was great and from what I saw behind the curtains, they have made some really stellar improvements to the lobby. Very nice Wyndham, I will definitely be back to your property! You are my Santa Monica hotel!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
Rebecca K, General Manager at Wyndham Santa Monica At The Pier, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you so much for sharing such detailed remarks about our Hotel and the local area. We are thrilled you have indicated we are your Hotel of choice in Santa Monica. We value your business and look forward to your next visit.

Been to Wyndham Santa Monica At The Pier? Share your experiences!