“Clean and conveniently located” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double Honors Points
Ranked #9 of 34 hotels in Santa Monica
Rahway, New Jersey
“Clean and conveniently located”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

Despite what others have said, it is an EASY and safe walk to promanade shops and pier. Lots of restaurant choices within walking distance. Parking garage directly across the street from hotel for $9.00/day. Breakfast buffet offered a nice selection, but a little to pricey. Suite had a small refridgerator, but would have liked a microwave in room. Otherwise, a nice hotel and very friendly staff.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

1,178 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

My Mom and I stayed there while my dad was at UCLA Santa Monica Hospital for surgery. We had lots of unforseen issues and the staff was there with wheel chairs, extending our stay, being compassionate about the situation, and helping (everyone) to make our stay as best as it could be given the circumstances.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Brisbane QLD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012 via mobile

Very clean well appointed suites. Easy walk to the pier, shops and market. Staff are friendly and helpful. Well worth the money.

• Stayed October 2011
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

Booked for three nights in early December and were notified upon check-in that there would be renovations and construction sounds would ABSOLUTELY be heard, as early as 8:30 AM in the morning.

Was very pleased as there were barely sounds of hammering/drilling (only heard 1 morning!) and it seemed as if the rooms near ours were mostly being painted. Maybe we had prepared ourselves for the worst. The room itself (all suites) is spacious, clean and well designed. My only complaint being they do not have safes or microwaves in the suites (apparently to be installed during some renovations). The pool/fitness area/sauna is clean and well kept, although we did find local youth would come in and use the amenities (door is locked, but other guests would let them in on the basis they 'were locked out' or 'are meeting their parents', etc.. Security is great, but a hassle.

To be competitive, the hotel could probably add rental bikes for tourists or complimentary breakfast, at least during times of construction. Overall, I would still recommend for travelers (room sleeps up to 4 and has 2 TVs if you're traveling with family).

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

I stay in Los Angeles once a week for business. I usually stay in the Downtown area, but I thought I would branch out and give a new property a chance.....bad idea!
Check-in went fine, went up to my room and immediately noticed that it was not a suite. The hotel is advertised as "all-suite" and I had reserved a suite. I called down to the front desk and the tried to tell me I was in a "suite"...keep in mind there was no separate sitting area or even chair....after prodding they told me I had booked the wrong room. I was in a "king" room, not sure how this is even possible since this is the DoubleTree "Suites"!
I realized I was getting nowhere with them, I asked our office travel rep to give them a call. After a few minutes the front desk called and said they had a suite ready for me. The bellman dropped off the new room keys and I went to the new suite. The room was very dated, stains on the floor and really needed an update badly. The view from the window looked like a third world country and had the great bonus of being directly over a loading dock with trucks idling all day.....see the pictures to get a sense of the quality of this place.
I would not recommend this hotel at all, there are plenty of great properties in the general area that are much better for the price.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
DTSbHGeneralManager, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Santa Monica, responded to this review, February 6, 2012
Dear haute1971,
Thank you for posting your review of our hotel. We appreciate all types of feedback and work hard to address any issues that may have a negative impact on our guest's experience. I apologize for the problems you experienced and encourage you to give us another try. We have many wonderful city and partial ocean views to offer and are also completing many exciting upgrades to our suites. Santa Monica is a beautiful and convenient location for frequent visits to LA so please feel free to contact me personally if I can be of service to you in the future.
Kind regards,
Morgan Smith
Vladivostok, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

I stayed at the hotel for three nights in January 2012 and was satisfied by service provided by hotel staff. My room was very spacious, bed was comfortable. I had breakfast twice and it was delicious. Bar at the second floor is fantastic! I recommend to my friends to stay at the Double Tree Suites by Hilton Santa Monica if they come this city or LA.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less A/C unit noise.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Peterhead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

We stayed here over Christmas and New Year. Right from the check-in by the lady from London, everything went very smoothly. The suite was clean spacious and everything seemed fairly new.

The sofa bed was in a separate room in the lounge, which also had a 32" Screen. The hotel played Christmas crooning music every day throughout the festive period.

The gym and outdoor pool were great. I didn't try the bar or the restaurant but they also looked very friendly.

We checked out for two days to go to Palm Springs and they very kindly kept our room for us and stored our main cases.

A huge credit to the Hilton chain!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 4th floor.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Santa Monica? Share your experiences!