“Gross and boring” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 34 Hotels in Santa Monica
Los Angeles
“Gross and boring”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2009

People were okay but this place is ugly and just feels kinda dirty. Literally had a hole in the wall. THE INTERNET DOES NOT WORK AT ALL AT THIS PLACE.They didnt believe me when I called front desk .... they said it must be my computer. I stay at hotels all the time seriously its not me. The tub drain clogged up they sent someone up to "Fix" it. Yeah it was the same. They refused to change my room.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
New Castle, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2009

My stay here was ok. Evverything was average for an average hotel. The only problem I had was with a worker at the front desk. I wouldn't even say it was a problem, but I never encountered anyone so rude. His name was Raschid and he wouldn't go out of his way for anyone. In all my years of traveling I never ran in to an employee as rude as him. I told him Dale Carnegie's course HOW TO MAKE FRIENDS AND INFLUENCE PEOPLE would be great for him..

belfast
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2009

Location is good with regular $1 bus ride -about three miles to the sea front. Also on same route you pass the city library with free internet. Hotel is grossly over priced . The free breakfast is very limited. I saw staff repacking slices of bread possibly to reuse the next day for breakfast toast. Reception staff are not friendly . Parking is free. We paid double what the hotel is worth. I suggest as Santa Monica is extortionate stay further inland and use the excellent and regular city buses.

Rifle, CO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2009

I've stayed here a bunch of times, and I can put up with the not-very-good breakfast in return for the great location (convenient to the beach and Westwood, LAX, Santa Monica) and reasonable price.
Tonight though, being a bit stinky, I decided to take a nice hot shower, but it was not to be. The water temperature didn't get above about 88 or 89 degrees, I'd wager (I don't have a thermometer with me, but I have been swimming in heated pools since I was a tot, and this felt like about high eighties...). I called down to the front desk, and the night manager informed me that the owner had been up earlier to fix it and had, in fact, announced that it was fixed. I replied that there was a good possibility that this fix was not as good as might be hoped. We're booked here tomorrow night, so, I'll edit this review (if I can) or, write another then, updating with what happens.

Cleveland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2009

This was insanely expensive for the location and quality. I'm just annoyed that I paid nearly $200 for a crappy room with a terrible breakfast. I called before coming and was quoted a rate $20 LESS than I was charged (all before tax). It was ridiculous.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2009

I didn't really like this place that much. It was probably very nice when it first opened in the 1980s, but it needs a facelift. The bed was OK, but the furniture in my room was starting to fall apart. There was a mini-fridge, but no iron or microwave oven in the room. For $109 a night, I would expect those things. Hallways are only in fair condition, and make the whole property seem a bit old and not maintained. The "workout facilities" consist of a few pieces of cardio equipment near the elevator landings on the 3rd and 4th floors, plus a few other weight machines on the 4th floor. You won't get a full-body workout here, but I guess it's better than nothing. There is a pay internet station in the lobby, and free wireless if you brought your laptop. Free parking in underground garage. It's a wood-frame building, so you can easily hear people walking in the room above. Price is too much for what this place is. It's really only a baby-step above a typical Motel 6. It's far from the beach, but you can walk to a few different restaurants.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2009

Hotel is very outdated and in need of refurbishment. However, maids did keep room quite clean. Sheets were clean and beds comfortable. Shower worked well.
Not well sound proofed- could often hear conversations in other rooms.
Breakfast was ok- enough to fill us up for the morning. All served on plastic/paper cups and plates though so felt a bit like a youth hostel.
Overall, we were disappointed when we arrived but used to the hotel at the end of the visit. We were pleased to have not spent a lot of money on the hotel as we did not spend much time there. Ok as a cheap base to explore LA.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Days Inn Santa Monica? Share your experiences!