“Cozy, compact, good location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #20 of 34 Hotels in Santa Monica
Tucson
“Cozy, compact, good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

As they say, location, location, location. It was near family and we stayed here for a graduation. Perfection for that. Room was very clean and cooled just right. Had everything we needed. Bed was comfy. Breakfast served was the usual, but we were very late and were only able to grab coffee before they closed the door at 10 a.m. Promptly. So if you want to eat in the morning, be there before they close! The reason I didn't rate this higher is because they allowed smokers in the courtyard and our room was on the courtyard.
Remember, this is a budget chain and the room is tight. The only window is on the enclosed courtyard. At least ours was.
Staff was very nice in the morning and we were able to print our boarding passes for no charge.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
GMCA430, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn Santa Monica, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Zonie98,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your recent stay. It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay and appreciated our convenient location to various places.
I do apologize for the smoking in the courtyards. Although we do not allow it, some guests still tend to smoke where it is not designated to do so. We do have two areas in the hotel designated for smoking, which are at the front of the building, away from all guest rooms. We removed all ashtrays from non-smoking areas back when Santa Monica became more strict on smoking laws.
Again, I want to thank you for your time and hope you will visit us next time you are in the area.

Jennifer Calderon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Perth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Hotel was great value, clean and breakfast included was very good. The room was basic but as we only used it for sleeping overnight before heading out it was ideal. On Hotels.Com it is described as being near the Pier but this is not accurate. It is easy to catch bus to the Pier but not possible to walk. There are food outlets nearby so eating is not a problem.

Room Tip: Some ground floor rooms have wheelchair access
Dear sohgood,

It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay and found our hotel to be a great value! We offer many complimentary amenities such as hot breakfast, parking, and Wifi and appreciate your feedback on these items. Housekeeping and maintenance work very hard in keeping up the hotel, so they do appreciate you mentioning how clean our property is.
In regards to our location, we are near the Pier and beach, but the actual distance is two miles. I do apologize if you were misinformed in regards to the actual distance.

We certainly welcome you back on your next trip to Santa Monica! Thank you.

Regards,
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Going in I thought this was going to be something like a cheap motel, but it turned out to be very nice and clean, with great staff. Sushi across the street was amazing, and I really liked the little patio area set up on each floor of the hotel. The atmosphere of the hotel is very relaxing, only about a10 min cab ride from the Santa Monica beach. Breakfast was actually very good too (fresh waffles, fruits, cereal, etc.).Not the trendiest place, But is very relaxing.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
GMCA430, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn Santa Monica, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear beykay,

We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and found it to be relaxing. A lot of guests enjoy our patio areas of the hotel as a nice place to unwind after a busy day of touring the area. I do appreciate you taking the time to leave your comments and hope you visit us if you ever come to Santa Monica again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

I came here for vacation and chose it for the reviews. It was everything they said. Rooms were very clean, I had plenty of pillows and a soft bed. It had a good hot breakfast, basic eggs, sausage, waffles, doughnuts, and english muffins. Same every morning but still good. Its not too far from the pier it took me 45mins to walk in traffic but only a 10min bus ride. Also same for 3rd street shopping. I also had booked a tour that was late and they called the for company for me to help me and watched for the bus. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Sconn,

We appreciate your kind review. I am personally glad your expectations were met during your stay. All the staff here works very hard to keep everything clean and up to all the latest standards in the hotel industry. The front desk always helps out guests with directions or booking local tours, so I am glad you were able to experience a tour of the L.A. area!

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Kind regards,
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

For a budget hotel chain, the hot & cold complimentary breakfast was fresh, well stocked. The servers were friendly and constantly kept the food filled. The general feel of the place is a little tight; however, the two atria with potted tropical plants helped freshen the place. Good free parking. The hotel is conveniently located mid-way between the Santa Monica Beach and UCLA and about 10 miles from LAX. The bus stop is outside the hotel. We took the bus for our local trips.

Dear drKSG,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave us an exceptional review. I am so glad to hear you enjoyed our complimentary hot breakfast buffet. We are always improving it by adding additional items, such as sausage, scrambled eggs, and self-serve waffles.

I hope to see you again if you are ever in the Santa Monica area!

St Albans UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

This hotel is about 2-3 miles from the Santa Monica Beach and is not in a trendy part of town. that said there are plenty of good eating places and locals bars such as Busby's within easy walking distance. The staff were very good, friendly and helpful and the facilities were generally very good. The rooms were clean and spacious and very secure. The beds were comfortable and bath facilities very clean. The WiFi was very good and as a business hotel travelling into LA it worked well. Travel to the Pier was easy by taxi and Santa Monica is a lovely area around that area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
GMCA430, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn Santa Monica, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear 4DsRus,

We really appreciate your wonderful feedback. Our staff strives to be as helpful as possible to all guests and we enjoy receiving great compliments about how helpful everyone is.
Housekeeping works very hard to keep our rooms clean and comfortable, so thank you very much for noticing.
Hope to see you on your next trip to Santa Monica!

Chapel Hill, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I stayed here for three nights in a room with a queen bed. The room was adequate and had a large closet with mirrored doors along with a refrigerator and microwave. The bathroom was small and the space would have felt crammed if I was not staying alone. Twice during my stay, I needed to have my key reset. Although I never had the problem elsewhere, I was told that I probably did something to demagnetize it. The breakfast was identical for all three days of my stay and not representative of California-- waffle maker with 2 kinds of batter, scrambled eggs, sausage links, cold cereal, donuts, white bread, bagels and English muffins. The fruit was quite disappointing! Santa Monica has 3 farmers markets nearby brimming with delicious fresh fruit and the hotel served apples, bananas and oranges (none of which were sold at the markets).

I have stayed in the Choice hotel chain many times without problems. This property could have done a better job of being clean and comfortable. The neighborhood is okay during the day but lighting at night was insufficient for me to feel safe alone. I chose to opt out of daily maid service. On my final morning, I left for a bit with my bags in the room before checking out. I came back to find the bed made, dirty towels removed (but no cleans ones in their place) and my food missing from the refrigerator. I called the front desk and was told "it's okay to use the room until you check out." YUK! So, the room was partly cleaned. Would it be re-cleaned and the bedding changed for the next guest? I will not stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear Movinup,

Thank you for your valuable feedback of our hotel. I apologize that you do not feel our place is very clean and comfortable. All our staff works exceptionally hard to keep everything to the highest standards and we are always making improvements on our breakfast items.

In regards to your concern on your check out date. I assure you that the housekeeping cleans the room in its entirety once a guest checks out. All bedding and towels get washed and replaced with new items. I apologize you felt this was not the case.

I do hope you consider giving us another chance should you ever be in the Santa Monica area again.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to review our property.

Warm regards,
Jennifer Calderon

Been to Comfort Inn Santa Monica? Share your experiences!