“Don't come during renovations!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Huntley Santa Monica Beach

You added Huntley Santa Monica Beach to your Saves list
Huntley Santa Monica Beach
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1111 Second Street, Santa Monica, CA 90403 (Formerly The Huntley Hotel)   |
Special Offer
Third Night Free
Ranked #9 of 34 Hotels in Santa Monica
San Francisco
“Don't come during renovations!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2006

Like the other reviewer on this site, I am writing from my hotel room, 1106, because I find it so incredilbly noisy, I have to let others know before they stay at this hotel. Jackhammers and pounding hammers start at 9am each day. Even without the renovations, the walls and doors are so thin, I hear everything the hotel staff does outside my door. It may be a nice hotel otherwise, but the experience I've had this trip will keep me from ever staying at this hotel again. The rooms are small and sufficient, but doesn't justify their over $300 rate. You're close to the beach, but that's primarily what you're paying for. You have to valet park your car ($26/day). I wish I could change hotels, but unfortunately, it's graduation weekend, and I'm stuck here for another day.

• Stayed May 2006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2006

We had the privilege of staying at you magnificent hotel during our stay in Santa Monica. Indeed, I was very impressed not only by the beautiful scenery and the modern structure of its unique style but by the customer oriented services you provide. To all the staff, I thank you for making my stay comfortable and enjoyable. May God bless all of you.

As a hotel that is currently actively engaged in the project of development and construction, particularly in the Preferred Chain , I simply want to take off my hat to especially Manju Raman, Lucy Kim, and Adriana Flores for all the courtesy they extended to us during our recent at the stay in your hotel. We were very pleased with our stay here, despite running into minor noises induced by the ongoing construction. Your rooms are beautiful and well equipped, the entire staff (reception, restaurant, bell staff) is outstanding, very professional and extremely courteous. I am based in Antigua but fly over to Santa Monica every 6 to 8 months. I will certainly return to the Huntley for every one of my subsequent visits to Santa Monica.

Congratulations to especially to your Assistant General Manager, Manju for this excellent venture. Manju,
I did not have the opportunity to thank you for all the courtesy you extended to me during our recent stay in your hotel. You were most helpful, patient and gracious .You went time and time again to go out of your way to appease us and we were very grateful . We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in Santa Monica and at your hotel. You are definitely an asset to your hotel and it certainly reflects on your staff.

I am awed and humbled by what I behold at the Huntley and your staff.
Our visit has been great! The staff have taken very good care of us – have gone out of their way to provide additional assistance with our travel plans. Would recommend this hotel very highly to all our friends. We cannot wait for the completion of your restaurant project and wish you every success.

Thank you once again and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Sincerely
Margaret Jayatileke

New York, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2006

Beautiful hotel - lobby, rooms and service were outstanding. And you can't beat the location in Santa Monica - everything is walking distance.

I do have one complaint - the "legendary" rooftop lounge/restaurant is closed for renovation until July. They have moved the restuarant service to a 2nd floor conference room, but it is nowhere near the same. When I spoke with the front desk and questioned why there was no mention of this on the website or when I called for reservations, she first said that they didn't know about the work until the construction crew showed up to work (??!!), then when I pointed out that that was 2 weeks prior to my check-in, she said that they posted a memo in the elevator informing guests of the closure. She just kept "yes ma'aming" me and hoping I'd go away

Needless to say, this was very disappointing and the staff response was extremely frustrating.

The staff was otherwise excellent (especially the concierge!) and I would go back - but warily.

• Stayed April 2006

Been to Huntley Santa Monica Beach? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Huntley Santa Monica Beach

Address: 1111 Second Street, Santa Monica, CA 90403 (Formerly The Huntley Hotel)
Location: United States > California > Santa Monica
Ranked #9 of 34 Hotels in Santa Monica
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): $$$$
Hotel Class:4 star — Huntley Santa Monica Beach 4*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, getaroom.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Huntley Santa Monica Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Huntley Santa Monica Beach, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.