“The Huntley Santa Monica - Regality at a Reasonable Price” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Huntley Santa Monica Beach

You added Huntley Santa Monica Beach to your Saves list
Huntley Santa Monica Beach
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1111 Second Street, Santa Monica, CA 90403 (Formerly The Huntley Hotel) (Santa Monica)   |
Ranked #8 of 34 Hotels in Santa Monica
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
“The Huntley Santa Monica - Regality at a Reasonable Price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I booked my stay for the past Friday-Sunday at the Huntley. It created the backdrop for an amazing vacation at what I considered a very reasonable price (~$240 a night).

The feel of the hotel is excellent as the decor has a very clean, modern design. I was given a queen room on the 15th floor which was both spacious and comfortable. I particularly loved the large shower and bathrobes that I was very tempted to buy - but realized that my home would not have been nice enough for them.

The staff are top notch in accommodating any needs I had from town cars, to fresh linens, to valet service, to late checkout. Everyone was very friendly, helpful, and also respectful which really set my experience apart from a lower teir hotel such as a Marriott. Having what has to be one of the best lounges sitting three floors above me (and I couldn't hear anything from it either) was a definite plus and I took great advantage of it.

I cannot speak highly enough of this place. When I find myself on vacation in Santa Monica again, I will definitely be returning.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Huntley Hotel S, Manager at Huntley Santa Monica Beach, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Tom W,

Thank you so much for your comments. We are so happy to hear you had such a positive experience while staying with us at the Huntley Santa Monica Beach. It was a great pleasure to serve you. We look forward to welcoming you back again on your next visit to Santa Monica!

The Huntley Management & Staff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

This is a really nice boutique hotel in a great position in Santa Monica. Our room was very spacious, clean and quite. The bathroom should be renovated but this is the only negative thing that I can say despite a lot of positive elements for this hotel. The only shame is that we had just one night spent here!

• Stayed June 2013
Dear gianlucaNY,

It was a priviledge to serve you at the Huntley Santa Monica Beach. We're delighted to hear you had such a positive experience while staying with us and look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I recently stayed again at the hotel after visiting last year. The hotel staff are all courteous and polite and very helpful. I did encounter some noise problems from the outdoor smoking lounge which I spoke to the hotel staff about. They moved me to a quieter and higher located room in the building which was pleasant and with a nice view.
I did not eat a meal this time at the Penthouse but did have drinks with friends which was very good. The Penthouse is quite busy and has a buzzing vibe with great views. The hotel room was a generous size, the beds very comfortable with a good power shower.

The hotel is just one street away from the 3rd Promenade shopping area and two blocks back from the beach.

I'm not sure when I will visit LA again, but would come back here anytime.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Huntley Hotel S, Manager at Huntley Santa Monica Beach, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear bilby2009,

It was a pleasure to serve you again at the Huntley Santa Monica Beach! We are so delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and thank you for choosing to stay with us again during your visit to Santa Monica. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
Waco, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I absolutely love the Huntley Hotel in Santa Monica. Very chic and friendly boutique hotel with spacious rooms and bathrooms. It is also close to the fun restaurants and shops and a short walk to the pier and beach. Saw Joaquin Phoenix on this stay and the hotel arranged for my daughter and I to rent a convertible BMW to drive while in LA. Definitely one of my favorites.

Room Tip: Ocean view is lovely
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear k_deav,

On behalf of the entire management and staff of the Huntley Santa Monica Beach, it was a pleasure to serve you. We are so pleased to hear you had an enjoyable stay and look very forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Saratoga, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Good:
Location close to the beach, shopping, and pier.
Top floor beautiful view.
Very comfortable bed and super soft linen.
Friendly and helpful bell boy and housekeeper.
Good toiletry and soft cotton towel.

Bad:
Unfriendly receptionist, check in counter people with attitude ( man w/the mustache), look down on people if you not white or under dressed. I got turned off the moment I check in with his poor attitude.
Stuffy, mold and mildew room with old carpet.
Stuffy elevator and old dingy hallway perhaps because I am on the city view 5th floor. Almost pass out due to poor circulation and no fresh air.
Uninvited atmosphere.
Noisy when open the window for fresh sea breeze, especially on Friday and Saturday night due to the roof top club open until 2am. People arriving and leaving with loud conversation....
Window has no screen, dangerous falling.

Would not return to Huntley since we compared our stay @ the Fairmont right across Huntley last Thanksgiving. We want to try out Huntley after reading the positive review. We paid a little bit more @ Fairmont but the service and the experience were exceptional. We highly recommended The Fairmont who want comfort and a pleasant stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Huntley Hotel S, Manager at Huntley Santa Monica Beach, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear ttt C,

Thank you for your comments. We are sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations and are sharing your comments with our Front Office Manager, as we take our guest comments very seriously. Rest assured our windows only open a small crack so there is no danger of falling. We appreciate you letting us know your experience and hope you will give us another opportunity and consider us again the next time you are in Santa Monica.

WEST MIDLANDS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

we stayed for 2 nights, had a nice spacious room with sea view, very modern and clean, a few minutes walk to the pier, shops and restaurant's, a very nice hotel, negative's no kettle in room, room service only, penthouse was very nice great views but be warned no prices on the menu so if you have to ask you cannot afford it! but nice to go up just to look.

Room Tip: a sea view would be nice
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear WENDY S,

On behalf of the entire Management and Staff, it was a pleasure to serve you at the Huntley Santa Monica Beach. We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

This property has a great restaurant on the 18th floor but the rooms are not of the same calibre. First had a 17th Floor room and could hear footsteps of people in the restaurant above. Was moved to a lower floor on request. Both rooms were tired and not deserving of $300 a night. For the same money the nearby Viceroy is different class both in the rooms and public areas. Because of the great restaurant on the 18th floor the two lifts were always very busy with restaurant guests and access to and from the room was slow. I would return to eat in the restaurant which was great.

Room Tip: Don't take a room on the 17th floor if you want to sleep before the bar closes at 2:30am
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dear geosat,

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear we did not meet your expectations and appreicate you letting us know your experience. We take our guest comments very seriously and hope you will give us another opportunity the next time you are visiting Santa Monica.