“Noisy at night. Fantastic staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Huntley Santa Monica Beach

You added Huntley Santa Monica Beach to your Saves list
Huntley Santa Monica Beach
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1111 Second Street, Santa Monica, CA 90403 (Formerly The Huntley Hotel) (Santa Monica)   |
Ranked #9 of 34 Hotels in Santa Monica
Brisbane, Australia
“Noisy at night. Fantastic staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Hotel staff were professional and very helpful. The rooms were large and modern, which is great when travelling with kids. Hotel is well located and walking distance to shopping, cinemas as well as the beach. The downside of the hotel was that there wasn't a swimming pool and we stayed over the weekend and it was very noisy and woke me up during the night (we stayed on a lower level floor). On the plus side the beds and pillows are so comfy. I was surprised that there werent any tea/coffee making provided in the rooms especially considering there was a full mini bar. Overall it is a nice hotel to stay at.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Huntley Hotel S, Manager at Huntley Santa Monica Beach, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear shell12_12,

It was a pleasure to have you as a guest at the Huntley Santa Monica Beach. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Huntley Santa Monica Beach and hope you will visit us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
melbourne
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

Everything about this hotel started out great. It's in a very nice location and the checking in staff were very helpful and were able to check us in early after a15 hour flight which was very much appreciated. It all went pear shaped though when we wanted to sleep! First off the walls must be incredibly thin as we could hear every word being said in the room next door and then had to endure the couple in the next room getting rather amorous!! Finally the night club 4 floors above us cranked up and thumping music until 1.45am. What a terrible shame as the room was very comfortable and everything else was very nice. But really you stay in a hotel to sleep and if you can't do that then I just cannot envisage staying there again. All I can suggest is next major renovation spend money on sound deadening....

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear 930turbo,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I'm sorry we did not meet your expectations and we are sharing your comments with our Management. We will certainly make sure to assign you to a more quiet room the next time you visit us. We hope you will give us another opportunity and visit the Huntley Santa Monica Beach again soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

I live in LA and because of that I've been to or stayed at pretty much every notable hotel in town. My most recent stay at the Huntley was a staycation cause I felt like being close to the beach.
Now I've been to the restaurant atop the Huntley called The Penthouse many times (good food) and walking through the lobby I enjoyed the decor (white, clean, modern) but until I actually got a room at the hotel did I realize that they have a really exceptional staff.
The standout for me was at the front desk. I believe she's the manager and her name is Melissa. She was super polite, helpful, informative and made the weekend my girlfriend and I spent at the Hintley memorable.

• Stayed January 2012
Huntley Hotel S, Manager at Huntley Santa Monica Beach, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Dear Dory B,

It was a priviledge to serve you at the Huntley Santa Monica Beach. We are delighted to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay and hope you will visit us again soon!
North Wales, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I loved stopping at The Huntley Hotel, I was welcomed by friendly staff, my room was perfect, lovely views, and housekeeping excellant, clean towels and shower every day top class service. The
locations is perfect, near to third street, and just across the road to the front Park. I visited the Senior Centre, which was very friendly too, I had coffee and books/papers to read. David the Manager, also John & Elizabeth where very attentive The Penthouse for Breakfast, once again Perfect, a beautiful view. When I next visit Santa Monica I will make sure I stop at The Huntley Hotel, a really great trip.
Hazel from Wales UK.

Room Tip: My room was 1002 very good room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Huntley Hotel S, Manager at Huntley Santa Monica Beach, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear Hazel P,

On behalf of the entire management and staff of the Huntley Santa Monica Beach, we want to thank you for choosing to stay with us while visiting Santa Monica. We are delighted to hear you had such a positive experience and look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
Tokyo, Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

We stayed at the hotel in August. Two adults and two daughters. Service was on the whole pretty good, hard to find fault with the check in and concierge services. We had originally intended to book a twin and a double but probably due to a fault of ours, we ended up with two doubles. But the hotel changed the rooms without any fuss, with the new room being much larger. The concierge was particularly helpful in this respect. Rooms were clean with decent views of the beach. My only criticism is that for a hotel of this size and cost, you would have expected a pool. We were directed to a place 15 minutes away which it cost extra to use.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear gco21,

Thank you for your feedback! It was a pleasure to have you and your family stay with us and we are so pleased you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Stayed there Labor Day weekend with my boyfriend & 2 friends. (Ages 35-40) From the moment we walked in, we were impressed. They allowed us to check in early (quite early, it was maybe 11:30am), and even had the flowers ready in the room (as my bf requested to my surprise.) *Flowers were ordered from an outside source, but coordinated with hotel.
Service was excellent, room was very nice, roomy... only we had a problem with the toilet. They sent someone up to fix it, but it never did work properly. Front desk was helpful and kind with directions and restaurant recommendations.
Lobby was very beautifully and tastefully decorated, and the "Penthouse" (lounge) was just as popular as everyone had told us. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor, we didn't get one when we requested it, but I would imagine the view is...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Huntley Hotel S, Manager at Huntley Santa Monica Beach, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear RoseOfMexico,

It was such a pleausre to serve you at the Huntley Santa Monica Beach! We are so glad you enjoyed your time with us and look foward to welcoming you back again soon!
Tauranga, New Zealand
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

This is a lovely hotel: bright, modern,clean and the service was excellent. The rooms are spacious and we had a wonderful view over Santa Monica and the ocean.
However, it was noisy at night. We were offered a 17th floor room at the top of the hotel. Great views but above is the restaurant which was undergoing renovation. After they closed about midnight were were kept awake until 3.30 am by the sound of moving furniture. A disturbed night after a 12 hour flight from New Zealand. The reception should have warned us and we would have taken a lower floor

Room Tip: avoid 17th floor due to noisy restaurant
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Huntley Hotel S, Manager at Huntley Santa Monica Beach, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Dear jonohud,

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you did not have a good nights rest while staying with us. We are sharing your comments with our staff as we take our guests feedback very seriously. We will ensure you will be away from the restaurant for future visits. We hope you will give us another opportunity and consider us for your next visit to Santa Monica.

Been to Huntley Santa Monica Beach? Share your experiences!