“The real Georgian!” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“The real Georgian!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

A beautiful art deco restored hotel at the Ocean View boulevard in Santa Monica.
Nice service and helpful employees who are really doing their best to make it you comfortable.
The location is top, three blocks away there are great shopping possibilities at all the well known brands.
Breakfast is good traditional American, the hotel had a nice lobby atmosphere.
A place to go back.

• Stayed November 2012

1,421 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
Hertfordshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

A wonderful hotel but just don't ask for anything to eat or drink if you get in after 22:00. And this is Santa Monica. The bar closes at 10pm!

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I just stayed at the Georgian last weekend for one night and was very pleased with my experience. The hotel was built in 1933, I think, and it is very charming. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and the location couldn't be better. We had a bit of a view of the ocean and pier, and we could walk to the beach, pier, and 3rd street promenade. So happy to not have to walk at all during our stay! The room was pretty big for an older hotel, and very clean. I would highly recommend this hotel. Oh, and our room was on the 5th floor and it was very quiet.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Raymond Terrace, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

This hotel was lovely. It is situated straight across the road from the Santa Monica Pier and close to all the buss tours and shopping that Santa Monica has to offer. Wonderful location!

However, not a family friendly hotel. There was no swimming pool or self serve laundry. I found that the service in the dinning room was quite slow and we were left standing for ages before being offered a table. After the service in the dining room wasnt great, I decided not to leave a tip but was still chanced down by the waiter and made to give one.

Our room was next to the fire escape which proved to be a bit noisy when the staff were going up and down the stairs.

I must say the front desk staff were very nice and helpful.

Room Tip: If you are with children, dont consider this hotel.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

My girlfriend and I recently stayed a night at the Georgian Hotel and were really happy we chose to stay here. The hotel is perfectly located on the main street above Santa Monica beach so was close to the Santa Monica pier and walking distance to Venice Beach. This is an old hotel - but it has been well maintained - so you get the historic charm aswell as a great night sleep. The room was on the smallish side, but stylishly decorated and was more comfortable than a lot of places we've stayed. The bed was really comfortable, shower pressure good and it had all the normal amenities you'd expect. There is also a nice little restaurant on the front verandah where we enjoyed the sunset and a good breakfast. Probably the best part of this hotel was the staff. From check in to check out all staff were friendly, welcoming and very helpful. My only regret is we stayed there one night only - I would definitely stay there again and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattle, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I recently had the opportunity to stay for an extended (2 week) period of time at the Georgian, and I loved every minute! This charming hotel was everything I expected and more. From the friendliness of the staff, to the unbeatable location, I found myself wishing my business trip would continue for a few more days.

I spent every morning before my work day began down in the hotel's restaurant for a great breakfast, usually the homemade granola and fresh roasted coffee (both of which were delicious!). Placido was usually my waiter, and he rocked! I typically didn't even have to order, he would just bring my coffee and ask me if I wanted the granola again with fresh fruit...Yes please!

After breakfast, Carlos, one of the valet's, would have my car waiting out front without me ever having to say a word, now that's SERVICE! The front desk staff were just as efficient, Tony on the night shift, and Maria in the afternoon were outstanding! And last but certainly not least was Laura in reservations. Laura was able to secure me an unparalleled Military rate. Without her assistance, there's no way I would have been able to stay at this gem of a hotel. Thanks Laura!!!

I mentioned before the unbeatable location, well let me tell you exactly how good it is...Walk out the hotel to the right, and a half block away is Sushi Roku. I spent multiple nights there, great sushi. A five minute walk will take you to the heart of the 3rd Street Promenade with all the shops and restaurants that you can handle. My evenings always began with a run down to the beach and along the Santa Monica Beach Trail, this was a close to heaven as it comes folks!!!

As you can see, I highly recommend this hotel. I will be coming back to Santa Monica in December and can't wait to stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator. It can be a bit noisy if you're next it.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

As has recently been said, this is an OK hotel, in a really great location but is very overpriced.

Some would say it is nostalgic, reminding us of a different time, it could equally be said that it is stuck in the past and needs updating.

Very clean but smallish room, with big but very soft bed and equally small bathroom. Nice breakfast served by friendly staff. Slightly surly greeting from reception on checking in.

I left with the overwhelming view that I could have got much better for the price we paid.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Georgian Hotel? Share your experiences!