“Bar Pintxo Perfection” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #90 of 573 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: Bar Pintxo is an authentic Spanish tapas bar in Santa Monica providing a unique combination of outstanding food and drinks in a warm and inviting atmosphere. Our exclusively Spanish wine and beer list represents wines from every region in Spain, comprised of small and traditional family-owned wineries throughout the Spanish wine regions. Many are offered exclusively to Bar Pintxo, including an assortment of Temperinillo, Cava and Txakolina to enjoy with your meal, or for purchase. We have created a sophisticated space with a relaxed and warm feel, an old world ambiance with modern touches that transports you to Spain when you walk through our door. Remember to check out our retail store, which offers Spanish Jamons, Cheese, Olives and other Spanish foods and wine, so you can create your own Spanish experience at home!
Paris, France
“Bar Pintxo Perfection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

I tasted Bar Pintxos' food at the LA Food and Wine event Summer at the Shore and couldn't wait to try more, so I took two guests from back East to get a late night snack at this wonderful Tapas bar in Santa Monica.

One of my guests loves potatoes and when she saw the Patatas Brava, crispy potatoes, spicy tomato sauce, aioli and chives for $5, she knew what she wanted. I'm not usually a potato lover, but these converted me! They were tender on the inside, crispy on the outside, and the spicy tomato sauce and aioli added such a perfect accent that would gladly order these every time I come here.

My other friend wanted something light, so she ordered the white asparagus with green herb puree, seasonal sprouts, and marcona almonds with paprika for $6. This was a tender dish of fresh ingredients which would be a perfect choice for any vegans, vegetarians, or simply vegetable lovers.

I had to order the grilled octopus with saffron aioli and smoked paprika infused olive oil for $10. I LOVED this dish. I could have easily eaten three for dinner. The potatoes on my plate were a nice accompaniment to dip into the saffron aioli and they added a nice textual contrast to the octopus.

The atmosphere is exactly like a tapas bar in Spain, the service is warm and knowledgeable, and the food is amazing, so come here for their happy hour when tapas are only $6, or for their $34 menu of 3 courses on Thursdays. I plan to come next Tuesday when they do their fabulous paella for only $9 after 6pm.

Joe Miller, the owner came over when he saw me taking pictures and asked if I was going to post them online, I said, "Yes"!

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

New York City
“Like a trip to Barcelona...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

Excellent beers, wines, and tapis very similar to the newer bars in Spain. At one time or another I've had most of the dishes on the menu, each beautifully prepared and I've enjoyed them all, even the simple frittata is great. It can be a little slow going if they're busy, but it's best to take your time and enjoy it anyway....Spain on the Pacific.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great Food Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

I have had tapas in Barcelona and wanted my wife to experience this style of food. Bar Pintxo did not disappoint! We sat at the bar and received great service. Our waitress was very helpful and the chefs were friendly. The food was fantastic and delivered in the perfect rhythm so that we could enjoy each choice. Our favorites were the Blood Sausage, Beef Cheek and Lamb Meatballs and the Chicken Stew. We will definitely eat here again.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Diego
“A great spot for happy hour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

Although we didn't have dinner, the happy hour menu is great and the drinks are made well and affordable. The service is fantastic and they have nice bathrooms, and the patio has a view of the ocean. I would come back for dinner. Order the calamari on happy hour but ask for an extra side of bread because it doesn't come with enough to soak up the oil and garlic

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Really Special Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

Really excellent Tapas style food..Lots of wonderful choices..great wine list..small very attractive room...open kitchen (try to sit at the counte to be part of the show) friendly knowledgeable service...a real find in the middle of Santa Monica
Don't miss