“Tried the rest, this one is the best.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ocean View Hotel

You added Ocean View Hotel to your Saves list
Ocean View Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1447 Ocean Avenue, Santa Monica, CA 90401 (Santa Monica)   |
Special Offer
Book Direct & Save!
Ranked #4 of 34 Hotels in Santa Monica
Prospect, Pennsylvania
“Tried the rest, this one is the best.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My husband and I travel to Santa Monica, CA about once a year for the last 5 years. We have never stayed in the same hotel twice. I'm always looking for the best bang for my buck in the best location and I've been refining my process every year. This year we stayed at the newly renovated Ocean View Hotel on Ocean Avenue and it was fabulous! The hotel doesn't have a lot of amenities which means we aren't paying for a bunch of things we don't need and wouldn't use anyway. The hotel is BEAUTIFUL from the lobby to the room. Ours faced the ocean and was spacious, bright, clean, and comfortable. We will be staying here again for sure. Oh, and the wifi was the best I've ever experienced in a hotel!

Room Tip: Our room was on the 4th floor (which is the highest floor in the building) and faced the ocean. I w...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I have stayed in the hotel for almost 3 weeks and every time I wanted anything, I asked Liz and she were very helpful and super nice. By the way, She has beautiful smile which even make you want to talk to her for anything you need.

Room Tip: Ocean View I would say should be the best view
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Oslo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I picked this hotel because it was close to the Smashing Conference being held in Santa Monica. Company payed for it so I wanted a hotel I close to everything in Santa Monica. Location of this hotel is great. Near the 3rd Promenade. Close to the Santa Monica Pier. The room were comfy and clean. The staff were also helpful.

Downside is the parking that is not for free. No breakfast if you are looking for a hotel with breakfast. No pool or gym. Maybe they did offer this in near location, but didn't see or get any such. If you want a room with a nice view be willing to pay for it. Tried asking for a room with a view because the room I got had a view of the parking space at the back. The staff could give me one the next day but would be with extra charge. One of the most annoying thing was the wifi. It was bad. Maybe it was because of my room was almost the end and reason for bad coverage of the wifi.

I guess if the downsides that I mentioned is not important and just looking for a comfy and great location hotel then this is it! But if the little things such as wifi, parking, view, etc are also something you need then look for somewhere else.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

I came here for a mini get away a few days after my birthday with my significant other. The hotel location is excellent. Right on the beach. Our room was on the 3rd floor and had an excellent ocean view. The hotel staff and manager, Michael were all very nice. They even provided us early check in since we drove in from out of town. The hotel has a fresh and young vibe to it and I would definitely come back. If you are looking for something in Santa Monica with a great location next to the beach, shops and restaurants -this is your spot.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
South Hedland, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Nice clean hotel with super comfortable beds which was very welcomed after camping at Coachella. Awesome location, with great views of the beach and Santa Monica Pier. Fantastic staff...thanks Jose. We will be back next year :)

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Elizabeth N, Team Member at Ocean View Hotel, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear suzymargie,

Thank you for telling us about your most recent stay at the Ocean View Hotel on Tripadvisor. We're glad to hear you enjoyed the comfort of our beds after a long weekend. Can't wait to welcome you back after coachella next year!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW via mobile

I had a group reservation of 18 guys and the service that we were given by the staff at Ocean View Hotel was world class! The girls at the front desk Joy and Elizabeth made our stay 1000 times more enjoyable with there calm and lovely natures and great knowledge of not only Santa Monica but also the entire city of LA. I would definitely recommend staying at this hotel and would like to thank Joy and Liz for making our trip that much better!

-lee

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Dear leestapo7,

Thank you for such a lovely review! It was an absolute pleasure hosting you and the guys! It's great to hear our unbelievable hospitality has earned your recommendation. We can't wait to welcome you back during your next visit to the area.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed for 3 nights recently and found the place to be very comfortable, well maintained with staff who were very helpful and polite, they had good knowledge of the area and locations to go and see. Only drawback was the empty bottles being poured into bins late at night from the bar next door.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear David T,

It's great to hear you had a relaxing break while staying at our hotel. We enjoy hearing great comments about our staff being very helpful and polite to you during your stay. Please feel free to contact us directly during your next visit to Santa Monica, we can't wait to host you once again.

Elizabeth N.

Been to Ocean View Hotel? Share your experiences!