“Perfect central location, wonderful staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ocean View Hotel

You added Ocean View Hotel to your Saves list
Ocean View Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1447 Ocean Avenue, Santa Monica, CA 90401 (Santa Monica)   |
Special Offer
Book Direct & Save!
Ranked #7 of 34 Hotels in Santa Monica
Ashland, Oregon
“Perfect central location, wonderful staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This is now my 4th business trip here within a month, so I must like the Ocean View! The rooms - newly refurbished in cool blues and white - are immaculate, beds and bedding are of high quality and very comfortable. The staff (especially a warm, extremely helpful receptionist named Joy) is friendly and gracious. The location is central to business in all directions, the beach is quickly accessible for running during time off, the hotel is surrounded by good restaurants and the promenade is just a few minutes' walk. While pricier, the ocean facing rooms on the 3rd and 4th floors are the quitest, with views through palms of the beach and Pier ferris wheel. I recommend bringing a couple of battery-powered "candles" for ambience, as the rooms lights are very bright... I'll surely stay here again, and my only regret in posting a review is that it's getting harder to get reservations!

Room Tip: The courtyard room I first stayed in was too noisy, mostly from interior sources. I recommend heavie...
Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

It's nice to know that when you leave home to go on vacation where you stay will still give you that warm feeling, just like being at home does. And that's exactly what you get with the Ocean View Hotel. This is not my first stay here, but is my first vacation stay here and I am glad I made that choice. This was an anniversary trip with my girlfriend and once again the amazing staff took the time to make sure everything was simply in one word, perfect. Joy at the front desk made sure to check me in to an amazing room (403) with an incredible view of the beach line and pier. The front desk staff received and held on to some valuable items that were sent in advance for my lady on our day. A relief to know it was safe till I arrived. It's impossible for me to say anything bad about this place. I'm a loyal guest with many many stays under my belt and I will continue to make the Ocean View my 2nd home for many more to come.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Elizabeth N, Team Member at Ocean View Hotel, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear North T,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your most recent stay on Tripadvisor. We absolutely love to hear our guests feel at home when staying at our hotel! We truly value our repeat guests and would like to thank you once again for such a lovely review and considering us your 2nd home. Please feel free to contact me directly as I would love to assist with your next reservation. elizabethnavarro@oceanviewsantamonica.com

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This is a great little hotel, with a wonderful location within a stone's throw of the Santa Monica Peer and the beach. The rooms are very well situated, with lots of space in between and lots of privacy on entry and exit. Note that double beds are truly double, not queen size, but the room was spacious enough for 3 travelers, including teen size kids.The valet service is terrific and is worth every dollar. No breakfast though: no coffee or croissants in the lobby was a bit of a surprise for the price. Speaking of the price: it was a bit steep, but on par with what the neighboring hotels were offering that weekend. Not having to park at the pier also offered great savings. It was great to step out of the front door and be immediately caught in the midst of all the pier activities : )

Room Tip: Pay close attention to bed/room designations: a double bed is truly a double, which is larger than a...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Dear Fan_of_Houston,

Thank you for sharing your most recent experience with us on Tripadvisor. We love to hear you found our rooms well situated and spacious. We understand when you have choices when traveling and would like to thank you for your business. Can't wait to see you during your next trip!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Very nice trendy boutique hotel in an excellent location. Across the street from the pier. Next to the promenade. Staff friendly and helpful. Beds extremely comfortable. And for Santa Monica, reasonably priced. Would stay again and already recommended to a friend.

Stayed April 2015
Elizabeth N, Team Member at Ocean View Hotel, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Jennifer C,

Thank you for such a lovely review! We're so happy to hear our staff was friendly and helpful to you during your stay. We understand you have choices when traveling and would like to thank you for business, we'd be more than happy to host you and all your friends!

Baku
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The hotel is immaculate and has been completely refurbished recently. Not all rooms have ocean views and I had one that faced a parking structure. The location is very close to the pier and many restaurants. While the hotel is very clean and new I didn't think it was a good value. No real amenities and the front desk staff's suggestion for an early 6AM breakfast was to walk around and find a Starbucks... Sorry for bothering you, I'll just check yelp myself then...

• Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
Geelong, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My rating is based on a advanced-purchase special offer, which was a considerable saving on the current rack rate. At current rates, it would get 3-stars only, as it seems over-priced.

Hotel has been refurbished recently and the room was clean and comfortable with free Wi-Fi and good bathroom facilities. I had a (cheaper) room at the back of the hotel and this was somewhat noisy in the day (due to building works outside) and at night (it seemed to be close to service facilities used by the hotel staff). An ocean-view room might be a better option for a longer stay (although more expensive).

My room seemed to have an old-fashioned floor-mounted heater & air conditioner, which I didn't need on this occasion. However, I wondered how comfortable this would be to use if necessary.

Staff were friendly and helpful but the hotel has very few amenities other than the rooms - no restaurant or café, for example. However, there are plenty of eating options within easy walking distance. General location is excellent for the beach as well as for shopping.

I ordered a taxi via the hotel reception for a visit to the Getty Centre. The service supplied was a private car and although comfortable and efficient, turned out to be considerably more expensive than a standard taxi. On the return trip to the hotel, I took a taxi from the Getty, which cost $15 less than the same journey in the hotel car. I don't know if this is typical but next time I needed a taxi, I walked to the taxi rank in the street, a few doors down from the hotel.

Room Tip: Good value if you can get a discounted rate; ocean view rooms may be quieter and more interesting th...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I recently visited the Oceanview Hotel this past weekend with my girlfriend for our 1year anniversary. Overall it was good as our roomnwas ready upon arrival and great friendly staff and who is willing to help and answer every question you have. This Hotel is all about the location as you're across the street from the beach and Pier and literally a 5mins walk to the promenade and Santa Monica Place and endless restaurants and bars all within very short walking distance and Hollywood and Beverly Hills all closeb by. We just wished the Hotel had a pool and gym and maybe fridge im the room with an iron and board also but the room was very clean and the view was priceless. Worth your money due to its location as you can't beat it location wise.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear zaire1984,

Thank you for telling us about your stay at the Ocean View Hotel on Tripadvisor! It's a delight to hear you enjoyed spending your anniversary at our hotel. I'm happy to inform you part of our amenities include an iron and ironing board in all the rooms. Our rooms also have a fridge in the room with a fully stocked mini bar. Please contact us directly during your anniversary or the next time you're in town as we would love to welcome you back!

Elizabeth N.

Been to Ocean View Hotel? Share your experiences!