“Already recommended to a friend ” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ocean View Hotel

You added Ocean View Hotel to your Saves list
Ocean View Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1447 Ocean Avenue, Santa Monica, CA 90401 (Santa Monica)   |
Special Offer
Book Direct & Save!
Ranked #8 of 34 Hotels in Santa Monica
“Already recommended to a friend ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Very nice trendy boutique hotel in an excellent location. Across the street from the pier. Next to the promenade. Staff friendly and helpful. Beds extremely comfortable. And for Santa Monica, reasonably priced. Would stay again and already recommended to a friend.

Stayed April 2015

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Baku
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The hotel is immaculate and has been completely refurbished recently. Not all rooms have ocean views and I had one that faced a parking structure. The location is very close to the pier and many restaurants. While the hotel is very clean and new I didn't think it was a good value. No real amenities and the front desk staff's suggestion for an early 6AM breakfast was to walk around and find a Starbucks... Sorry for bothering you, I'll just check yelp myself then...

• Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
Geelong, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

My rating is based on a advanced-purchase special offer, which was a considerable saving on the current rack rate. At current rates, it would get 3-stars only, as it seems over-priced.

Hotel has been refurbished recently and the room was clean and comfortable with free Wi-Fi and good bathroom facilities. I had a (cheaper) room at the back of the hotel and this was somewhat noisy in the day (due to building works outside) and at night (it seemed to be close to service facilities used by the hotel staff). An ocean-view room might be a better option for a longer stay (although more expensive).

My room seemed to have an old-fashioned floor-mounted heater & air conditioner, which I didn't need on this occasion. However, I wondered how comfortable this would be to use if necessary.

Staff were friendly and helpful but the hotel has very few amenities other than the rooms - no restaurant or café, for example. However, there are plenty of eating options within easy walking distance. General location is excellent for the beach as well as for shopping.

I ordered a taxi via the hotel reception for a visit to the Getty Centre. The service supplied was a private car and although comfortable and efficient, turned out to be considerably more expensive than a standard taxi. On the return trip to the hotel, I took a taxi from the Getty, which cost $15 less than the same journey in the hotel car. I don't know if this is typical but next time I needed a taxi, I walked to the taxi rank in the street, a few doors down from the hotel.

Room Tip: Good value if you can get a discounted rate; ocean view rooms may be quieter and more interesting th...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

There are many smallish hotels in Santa Monica on Ocean Avenue. How to choose? Ocean View is not as expensive as some, but it's attractive, with a wonderful & dedicated staff. It's near everything - beach on one side, 3rd St. Mall on other. It has Aveda products. I got a small balcony, overlooking the parking area - but plantings at eye-level compensate. Of the staff, Elizabeth, Joy, manager Michael went out of their way to make me feel at home - and I did. I rested.

Room Tip: ask for balcony!
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Elizabeth N, Team Member at Ocean View Hotel, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Elizabeth K,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor! We appreciate you considering us an "excellent choice." We highly agree with you our prices being unbeatable! Our staff is dedicated to provide the best customer service possible and it's brought us all great joy knowing we were able to make you feel at home. Please feel free to reach out to me directly during your next visit to Santa Monica, we can't wait to welcome you back!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW via mobile

Joy and Elizabeth at the front desk were awesome. They were very accommodating to my needs. I am from Boston and this was my first stay. They were very kind and flexible to a slightly late checkout I needed as I had a personal emergency. I offered to pay them for the few hours I had overstayed, but they were extremely supportive, and were gracious. Great value! great service !

Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Elizabeth N, Team Member at Ocean View Hotel, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear BostonTravele,

Thank you for such a lovely review! It was an absolute pleasure to have you as our guest. We try our best to be understanding with emergencies, we hope that everything is well. We're happy to hear you enjoyed the service and the value of our hotel. Please feel free to contact me directly during your next visit to Santa Monica as I would love to assist with your next reservation.

elizabethnavarro@oceanviewsantamonica.com
Dublin, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We got this hotel at the last minute with the help of a travel agent. She said the hotel had been remodeled. It looked very updated and had great pillows, bed linens, and a wonderful shower. The front desk lady was nice and advised us on a wonderful restaurant. They had a bowl of green apples on the reception bar, and I grabbed one everyday for a snack.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Dear senora3060,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us at the Ocean View Hotel. Santa Monica is one of the best locations to live the California Dream! Our hotel offers apples for our guests to get their morning started on the way out to enjoy the many things to do in the area. We're so happy to hear you enjoyed the hotel itself as well as our location. Can't wait to see you in the near future!

westlake village, ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Ended up at this hotel somewhat by accident.....but what a good accident!!!
Jose started it all off with his kind and professional attitude in making a last minute reservation. Form that moment, we felt as if we were one of their most valued guests. Both Jose and Olivia continued to make sure our stay was delightful. We had originally not considered this property because it did not have a pool, but with all there is to do in the area, we soon realized that it didn't matter. I would highly recommend this hotel on their warmth and customer service alone!!!

Room Tip: As people said, a view room comes with street noise. More interior are quieter.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Elizabeth N, Team Member at Ocean View Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear minnimoo,

Thank you for such a lovely review! It's always great to hear out staff recognized by name for their outstanding work. Jose is a great contribution to our team, he goes above & beyond for our guests making the stay memorable and enjoyable. We thank you for your business and can't wait to welcome you back!

Elizabeth N.

Been to Ocean View Hotel? Share your experiences!