“Fantastic location and very helpful staff!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ocean View Hotel

You added Ocean View Hotel to your Saves list
Ocean View Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1447 Ocean Avenue, Santa Monica, CA 90401 (Santa Monica)   |
Ranked #15 of 34 Hotels in Santa Monica
Aarhus, Denmark
“Fantastic location and very helpful staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Travelling on business in LA, we always stay in Santa Monica (the sun, the food!). A frequent guest at the Wyndham, my colleague and I were more than pleasantly surprised by Ocean View Hotel. First off, it was cheaper (always a plus), location was better (not speaking as a film scout here) with a morning view to the Pacific Ocean, simply great! What made our stay absolutely fantastic, however, was the extremely helpful staff - in particular the hotel manager, who personally saw us through a long - and ardous - UPS shipment that we left at the hotel prior to leaving. All in all, a top notch experience - I am definitely coming back.

Room Tip: Choose the ocean view. Always. :-)
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Chatsworth, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The ocean view hotel exceeded my expectations. I had a few childhood friends come into town that I have not seen in years. The ocean view was perfect for us. there are many restaurants, bars, and lounges in the area to choose from. We were able to hang out at the beach by day and at night, enjoy the great nightlife in the area. The balcony was a nice touch at night as well as to enjoy the ocean view in the morning

The staff was amazing and recommended many great local spots for us to enjoy and catch up with each other. I highly recommend this hotel for any occasion.

Room Tip: Ocean view room was perfect
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Have stayed here many times previously, have since been to their beautiful sister property The Shore. This time we decided to return to The Ocean View and were very happy we did. Obviously it is not as expensive as The Shore, but the whole place has had a nice makeover and we were very impressed. The location is unbeatable in Sanat Monica, everything is close buy. The staff were all very warm and welcoming. Thank You. Pay the extra couple of bucks and get an ocean front room, you will not be sorry.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Very overpriced (we paid almost $1000 for 3 nights) but you are paying for the best location merely moments walk from the Santa Monica Pier with great ocean views. Ask for the top floor front room to get the best views. Also there is no free water… for hotel guests or Wi-Fi when we went in January 2015. We were charged for taking from the mini-bar (beef Jerky) but when we told them we are both vegetarians they removed the charge (why would anyone eat overpriced beef jerky from a hotel mini-bar?) There is a wonderful woman who works at the from desk (Joy) who will go out of her way to try and assist guests. There is a great place to have breakfast around the corner & the front desk staff give you a 10 off discount card. The food is exceptional and caters for all diets. What was surprising though was that the hotel has paper-thin walls & we could hear ppl above us and the TV next door to us and also doors slamming (which was the noisiest part). Strangely, Street noise is very minimal. Because we were out all day, the location was simply the best & the hotel knows this.

Room Tip: Money-saving tip: Short walk from hotel If you are doing various activities in Santa Monica, check...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Elizabeth N, Team Member at Ocean View Hotel, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear connie t,

We'd like to thank you for telling us about your recent visit to the Ocean View Hotel on Tripadvisor. We highly agree with your title on "best location." Our Ocean View rooms are well worth the view. I'd like to inform you for your next visit we offer a complimentary wifi option to our guests. We also have water in our lobby to refresh. The mini bar items in the room are for sale, along with a price listing attached. We apologize for any noise disruption you might've encountered during your stay and thank you kindly for you feedback and it only helps us better as a Hotel for our future guests. Please reach out to us directly during your next visit to Santa Monica as we would love to host you once again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Good hotel, close to everything, the pier is 2 minutes walk, Promenade one block away and plenty of restaurants and bars nearby. A clean and comfortable hotel at a good price. Joy on reception is wonderful and extremely helpful.

• Stayed February 2015
Elizabeth N, Team Member at Ocean View Hotel, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Cxrisp,

Thank you for telling us about your stay at the Ocean View Hotel on Tripadvisor. We're delighted to hear you enjoyed yourself while staying at our hotel. Joy is a wonderful contribution to our team, it's great to hear she was of great service during your stay. We know you have options when staying in Santa Monica and would like to thank you kindly for your business.

Kansas City, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

The location, accommodations are fine and convenient , the rooms are a little small, and if you book a back room you will hear the trash truck come by early every morning to empty the mass amount of bottles left from the bar next door.. Valet parking is expensive 30.00 dollars a day! My room was not made up one day when I arrived back at 3:00 in the afternoon. The maid told me she had to leave by 4:00, I needed to use my room during that time so it never got clean. I complained to the desk staff upon coming down, she told me that was inexcusable and she had someone that would clean it! Came back late that evening and it was still dirty. Saw the same lady next day told her she never got my room cleaned, she said oh they told me they would clean it! she would see about getting me a slight refund., when I went to check out no one knew about any refund. The desk man went back and talked to the general manager who was there but never appeared. The desk clerk came back with a card with Micheal the general managers name on it and told me next time I came to stay to call him and he might be able to give me some compensation........really.......for the amount of money this hotel charges they seem indifferent to there guest dissatisfaction! I have never stayed at a hotel where my room was not cleaned by 3:00 in the afternoon.

Room Tip: Wifi only free from one user if two people want to use it at the same time you are charged!
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is my 14th stay here over the last year. My first was before the remodel, and everyone since has been after. I come here for many reasons, but most of all its my new home away from home. From the moment I walk in I am made to feel welcomed and have never once had an issue. Forget the fact that the hotel is literally across the street from the pier, good food, shopping etc. The Ocean View is a well maintained machine that never stops working. Joy and Lenny at the front desk are always accommodating and always polite. The cleaning staff are on pint and make sure your room is fresh daily. And the new parking staff are super polite and take good care of your car. Happy to write this review about an amazing place.

Room Tip: Room 201 with the extended balcony.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Dear North T,

Thank you for telling us about your recent stay at the Ocean View Hotel in Santa Monica. On behalf of the entire team we'd like to thank you for such a great review and for being a valued repeat guest! It's a delight to hear Joy & Lenny made your stay memorable. Please contact us directly for your next visit as we would love to welcome you back.

Elizabeth N.

Been to Ocean View Hotel? Share your experiences!