“In the midst of it all” 4 of 5 stars

Ocean View Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1447 Ocean Avenue, Santa Monica, CA 90401   |
Ranked #26 of 34 hotels in Santa Monica
Valla, Australia
“In the midst of it all”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We had booked two nights here at the end of our trip to the states. We were offered an upgrade to oceanview for an extra $30 which we agreed to. Fantastic view of beach, pier et all. All staff were friendly, professional and helpful. Rooms were clean, beds were comfortable and at about half the cost of the properties on either side( great when you are at the end of your trip and money is tight) we cant fault this property.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
mtorres1, Manager at Ocean View Hotel, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
My name is Michael Torres and I'm the Hotel Manager at the Ocean View Hotel. I recently read your review & wanted to Thank You, for pointing out our exellent service and affordable clean rooms in Santa Monica.

We are committed to doing our very best by providing the highest levels of customer service as well providing clean affordable rooms and cheapest overnight guest parking in Santa Monica. We look forward being your choice of accomadations when you visit Santa Monica in the future.

514 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

I stayed for a week,end of November first week of
December.Even though it rained for a lot of my
stay the Hotel was ideally located for bars,cafes,
restraunts and shops.When it stopped it was easy
to get to the Pier and Beach.
The Staff were very friendly and very
helpful.Well worth a visit if you are in Santa
Monica. JIM.

• Stayed December 2012

Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Situated directly opposite the beautiful Santa Monica beach. The famous pier was a stones throw away as well as 3rd prominade shops. The staff were friendly and the rooms were clean and comfortable. This hotel ticked all the right boxes.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I have been an Ocean View guest for five years. Ocean View Hotel offers a splendid view of the beach and basic, tidy room, at a thrifty price. If you can afford a five star hotel, ask about their sister hotel with it's pool, gym, restaurant and room service. Otherwise, visit Jinky's or Le Pain Quotidien for a very fine meal and save up to visit Santa Monica again! Buddha's Belly will deliver a fine Asian dinner to the hotel.

Room Tip: Room facing the ocean will pick up the street noise into the early morning, if you mind. Book ear...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
mtorres1, Manager at Ocean View Hotel, responded to this review, December 10, 2012

Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stayed at the Ocean View months ago and we had to come back again! The front office guys really new what we needed and catered to all of our needs. The rooms are very clean and roomey! The location is just steps away from the heart of anything and everthing you can wanna do in Santa Monica. Im really not sure why other reviews I have read about this hotel have said this place is run down! I recommend to those usually if you are paying for a room that is the lowest in Santa Monica do not expect to find a 5 star hotel! But if you are looking for a cheap priced and clean room and friendly staff stay at the Ocean View! If you are looking for something fancy try a much higher priced hotel! But the Ocean View hotel is just perfect for us !!! We will see you again in Febueary for our Valintines getaway.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
mtorres1, Manager at Ocean View Hotel, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear Asa S,

I would like to Thank you for taking time to write our hotel a review. We do our very best to on providing the highest levels of customer service and clean affodable rooms and our location is 2nd to none. I am honored we have earned you as a returned guest! We look forward serving you again in February.
San Diego, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We stayed at this hotel last weekend. There is nothing fancy about it but the rooms are nice, pretty clean (a couple of spots on the carpet but mostly seemed clean) and most of all, the location is great! It is right across the street from the pier and the beach, and very close to some great little restaurants and places to shop. One thing to be aware of: If you are a light sleeper, you don't want to get a beach-view room. The beach-view rooms are great during the day, but at night the clubs and bars nearby get a bit loud. We could definitely hear the music as we were trying to sleep, but I am a pretty hard sleeper so it didn't bother me that much. We even had 2 babies in the room with us and they slept just fine.

I always think it is ridiculous when hotels that you are already paying for charge for parking, and this hotel charges $20 per car to park, so that was a bit annoying. However, I would stay there again if we went to Santa Monica because it gave us what we needed for a reasonable price. I booked this room through a travel site and it would have actually been cheaper to just book directly through the hotel, so I recommend just calling to ask their rates before using a travel site to book.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here (still here! Last night in LA) for 4 days. The rooms are really spacious!

Front desk staff are really courteous and helpful.

Within walking distance from 3rd street promenade - Nordstrum, Bloomingdales, Sephora, Kitson, Brandy and Melville to name a few.

Great food options, we ate at a taco place which was nice, they have a star bucks close by too.

Santa Monica Pier is pretty much at the door step (you literally cross the road and you're there).

I would come here and stay again. It's excellent value for money.

• Stayed November 2012

Thank you for staying with us and have a wonderful day

Been to Ocean View Hotel? Share your experiences!