“Great Location with Views” 5 of 5 stars

Ocean View Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1447 Ocean Avenue, Santa Monica, CA 90401   |
Ranked #24 of 34 Hotels in Santa Monica
Dallas, Texas
“Great Location with Views”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Enjoyed my stay. Great location . Quick walk to the beach. Close to everything. Will be back that is for sure. The hotel room had a great view of the beach and an amzing sunset. Really cool restaurant at the corner. Has not been updated but worth the stay and location.

Room Tip: room with a view
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
mtorres1, Manager at Ocean View Hotel, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear Matt C,
My name is Michael Torres and I'm the Hotel Manager at the Ocean View Hotel. I recently read your review & wanted to Thank You, for pointing out our exellent location and affordable clean rooms in Santa Monica.

We are committed to doing our very best by providing the highest levels of customer service as well providing clean affordable rooms and cheapest overnight guest parking in Santa Monica. We look forward being your choice of accomadations when you visit Santa Monica in the future.

Thank you for staying with us and have a wonderful day

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Marina Del Rey, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I have been staying at The Ocean View Hotel for most of the Summer 2012. It is a Wonderful hotel in beautiful Santa Monica along Ocean Ave. The location is Fantastic, right across the street from the Pacific Ocean, very close to The Historic Santa Monica Pier. The Third Street Promenade and Santa Monica Place are just 2 bloocks away. The price point on the rooms is Fantastic, considering you are on one of the most expensive streets on the entire West Side. Most of all is the Entire Staff at The Ocean View are just Wonderful. The Best of the Best !!! Not only have they become good Friends of mine, I consider them part of my Extended Family. So if you want to stay at a Super Cool Hotel, in a Great Location, with Wonderful Staff, and Great Room Prices then The Ocean View is your Hotel...

Room Tip: Ocean View Rooms are the best.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
mtorres1, Manager at Ocean View Hotel, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear Doctorkimbo,
My name is Michael Torres and I'm the Hotel Manager at the Ocean View Hotel. I recently read your review & wanted to Thank You, for pointing out how you feel we are part of your family because you are of course part of ours!

Oz
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

The price for this old hotel is high but I think that applies to any hotels on Ocean Avenue.

The positives are: friendly staff, almost right on Santa Monica beach (have to cross the road and go down steep steps - 3 minutes walk), view of Santa Monica pier (7-10mins walk), and right around the corner from 3rd street Promenade shopping district.

The room was a double queen facing the ocean - spacious enough and all facilities worked. No breakfast facilities that I could see but there are eating places close by.

Parking is at a cost and is very tight - so think twice before bringing the SUV.

Late check out is possible 1pm, 3pm and 6pm ..all at a cost.

Room Tip: Ask for ocean view rooms.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
mtorres1, Manager at Ocean View Hotel, responded to this review, October 2, 2012

Singleton, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

The reception staff were helpful and friendly. The hotel itself was of average standing, clean and basic but the location was perfect. We were straight across the road from Santa Monica Pier and with easy walking distance of shops, beach, dining and bars. It was about a 30 minute walk to Venice Beach. We didn't find we had any problems with noise of a night. We only stayed one night and found it overall satisfactory and met our needs.

Room Tip: Pick a room with a beach view if staying for a few nights.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
My name is Michael Torres and I'm the Hotel Manager at the Ocean View Hotel. I recently read your review & wanted to Thank You, for pointing out our exellent location and affordable rooms in Santa Monica.

Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Choosing a hotel in Santa Monica that is affordable can be a bit challenging. The Ocean View Hotel is on the less expensive end of the scale and in comparison to the other prices in the area, is good value for money.

The best aspect of this hotel is its location - it is 1 block from the entrance to Santa Monica Pier, across the road from the park that overlooks the ocean, and is 2 blocks from the start of the 3rd Street Promenade and Santa Monica Place mall.

The rooms are immaculately clean and spacious enough. We paid extra for a garden view with balcony. There wasn't exactly a garden view, and the balcony was quite small, but it was good enough - especially considering that you walk outside the hotel and the view is amazing. Our room was right outside the ice machine and the vending machine, but as soon as the door closed all sounds disappeared, which was great.

The staff were also extremely friendly and very helpful, always greeting as you came and went, which gave it a very nice, homely feel.

This is a very nice hotel, which I would stay in again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
mtorres1, Manager at Ocean View Hotel, responded to this review, September 27, 2012

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

Hey what else can I say! Were travellers that don't want to spend a heck of a lot of money. This hotel is not a new 4 star hotel at all!!! But they sure do have clean rooms. The cleaners took care of my room and a job well done by her. The front reception were friendly and always were nice a smileing. I'm really not sure why some reviews I read seamed to be a little hastfull. I can only recommend to all if your looking for 5 star rooms its not at this hotel. If your looking to pay a affordable price and your not expecting a mint on your pillow and just a clean friendly hotel stay at Ocean View Hotel. I will be back for sure !

• Stayed September 2012
mtorres1, Manager at Ocean View Hotel, responded to this review, September 21, 2012

New York, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

The staff was wonderful and one of the managers, Yvonne, went above and beyond to make sure everything was in order. She was very helpful and professional during my stay. The location is close and convenient to the Santa Monica Pier, Pacific Coast Highway and 3rd Street Promenade. The last point becomes rather important because it is within walking distance to most of the bars and restaurants that are found on the Promenade.

Price for parking is decent and I didn't have an issue in finding space. I enjoyed room with an ocean view but to be honest I didn't use the balcony much. It's Southern California by the coast, go out, enjoy the beach and the water. The car and foot traffic noise did not bother me at all and maybe it's because I was higher up but just be aware if you get a balcony view on one of the lower floors that Ocean Ave. can get rather busy with the walking tourists and vehicle traffic. It didn't bother me but everybody is different.

You don't get all the amenities like other places in the area but bear in mind what you want and need, the Promenade will have it. No gym but if you want to exercise, there's plenty of stuff to do on the beach! If you want something that's a few floors away from your room, then look into another place that a considerable distance away form the beach or the nightlife. This place is located near everything and it is priced right considering what their next door neighbors are charging for a nightly stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
My name is Michael Torres and I'm the Hotel Manager at the Ocean View Hotel. I recently read your review & wanted to Thank You, for pointing out Yvonne for her wonderful customer service!

Thank you for staying with us and have a wonderful day

Been to Ocean View Hotel? Share your experiences!