“Really nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Seaview Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Santa Monica
Seaview Hotel
1760 Ocean Ave., Santa Monica, CA 90401   |
Ranked #24 of 34 hotels in Santa Monica
Leeds
“Really nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We stayed here on our first couple of nights in America and it was lovely. Clean, nice beds, excellent location, really close to the beach and downtown. It was very good value for the price. You're not far away from the main road, so there is traffic noise, and there was building work going on at the time, but I'm a good sleeper, so that didn't bother me. Or it could have been the jet lag!

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

221 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Tauranga, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

The hotel had a nice beachy feel to it and the room was lovely.
The kitchen was a little old and tired but we ate out a lot so this was no problem.
The bathroom was the same but was clean and worked so that was all that mattered.
This is great value for money. Very close to the beach and a short walk to 3rd st Promenade.
Rosa was very friendly and helpful.
The only thing was the noise from the street. It was quite loud as we stayed on a Friday and Saturday night. There is a room or two a little further back from the road (117 I think) which I would ask for next time.
I could only get Wifi right by the door of our room (might have been my phone though).
Restaurants that were close were - Brunos down the road has good pizza, Coras has good coffee and I wouldn't go back to the Mexcian place next to Brunos.

Room Tip: Room 117 is off the road so hopefully a little less noisy.
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Great for the price. Half the price of everything in Santa Monica, and not a cockroach motel. Room was comfortable. a couple blocks from downtown Santa Monica and 2 blocks from the beach!!! Great Location. The room was clean and we someone got upgraded to a bigger room that did have a big fridge and microwave and coffee maker. It was a little noisy in the morning, but after closing the windows and turning on the fan it was almost impossible to hear the noise.

People were very nice, I don't know why others say they were rude. I left the light on in my car for 2 days, and the battery died. The guy ran real fast to the restaurant next door to find an employee with a car to jump mine. He was very nice about it, and didn't seem annoyed at all. More concerned for us and the car since we were driving from Colorado.

I will definitely stay here again if in Santa Monica, unless I win the lottery.

Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Nice room, great location (near the shops, restaurants, pier, and beautiful beach!) and good value! Comfy bed, free parking (very useful in Santa Monica!) and even a small kitchen! Just make sure you book it in advance as they are always fully booked!

• Stayed July 2013
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed here for two nights over the 4th July 2013. We read the reviews and considering the price we opted to stay here. When we arrived at the Motel we where a bit disappointed, the reception area it was very messy and untidy, we where given our key and pleasantly surprised with our room, the bed was clean, the bathroom and kitchen needs updating but this motel is considerably cheaper than most in this area so again you get what you pay for. The man who was on reception was an amazing help, he got out the Santa Monica map and highlighted best eateries, shops and other places we didn't know existed. Our room was right beside the reception (noisy at night with new guests etc) and our fence was low so we didn't feel comfortable sitting out. We didn't hang around the motel much it was basically a bed for 2 nights. If your looking for luxury book somewhere else, if you looking for cheap accommodation in the heart of Santa Monica this is the place for you.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Older property but well maintained. Rooms nice size with small kitchen area. Beds newer and comfortable. Bathrooms small and need updated. Minimal amenities. Towels small and thin. Curtains on the patio doors could be more adequate at covering the doors so lights are shining in at night when sleeping. WiFi sporadic and only able to connect in certain areas of hotel. Cozy and quaint, only 18 units. Cute roof top sun deck with plenty of chairs. Be sure to ask for room away from Ocean Ave side as there is major construction across street where a new condo complex is being built. Recommend Cora's next door for breakfast and Casa Martin, Chez Jay and Bruno's Italian for lunch or dinner just down the street. Rosa the owner is on site. Felt safe even considering there's only a turn lock on door knob. No dead bolt. The JW Marriott and Lowe's Hotels are near Seaview and cost twice as much. More amenities and service at those places but none of the character.

• Stayed July 2013
Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Please take your time to read this, as I don't want the same thing to happen to you:

Recently, a group of friends and I decided to stay at this hotel seeing how the reviews were good and we were looking for a cheap place to stay. Reviews are correct about decent rooms and the excellent location. It was great until a traumatizing incident occurred during our first night staying there. While asleep, my girlfriend and I were completely startled at 4 AM when a man opened and walked into our room. After the man saw how we jumped up from our bed in shock he immediately shut the door, so it was difficult for us to completely identify him since it was dark in our room. However, I did notice that he was holding a key to our room, which allowed him to open the locks. We could not fall asleep after, and we waited the next morning to tell the front desk since their office was closed at 10. It was very very disappointing with how the lady at the front desk treated us and dealt with our situation. We just wanted to know who it was, and why they had access to our key to open it at 4 am. She could not provide us with an answer. She even said, "well what do you want me to do about it" as if, it was not serious, showing no sympathy whatsoever. Yes they do have cameras in that building, but when we asked if we could go through it she said that there were no camera's on our side. I do not understand the concept of having camera's and screens when the whole hotel isn't covered. Til this day, it scares me with the thought of what could have happened if my friend and I didn't wake up. PLEASE PLEASE, if I were you I would spend the extra money for a safer hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Seaview Hotel? Share your experiences!