“Beach Bungalows” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Seaview Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Santa Monica
Seaview Hotel
Save Saved
You added Seaview Hotel to your Saves list
1760 Ocean Ave., Santa Monica, CA 90401   |
Ranked #25 of 34 Hotels in Santa Monica
Sierra Vista, Arizona
“Beach Bungalows”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I checked in late and packed it in for the night in this neat bungalow-feel room with a bathroom and a kitchenette. The next norning I walked down to the Santa Monica Pier and looked at the curve of L.A. Inspiring. Next door is Cora's Coffee, where I got breakfast to go. Looking at the menu, there were dozens of things I wanted to try. Easy to get in and out of. Easy to check in and out. The hotel is right next to a JW Marriotte and a Loews, which I am sure are 5 times the amount.

I'll stay here again. My only gripe was that I needed to use my laptop and there wasn't a place to use it so I had to use my lap. Maybe desk sized end tables would do the trick.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

Quaint hotel 1 block from beach w small, beautiful grounds. Very easy access with Clean, well-decorated rooms. The owners are friendly, attentive & helpful. Has a B&B feel to it. If you like Italian food, you have to try Brunos - a 3-minute walk from Sea View and outstanding food.

We stayed here in late Dec -- off season -- and room was comfortable and warm. We had a fridge & blow dryer in our room.
Very firm, comfortable King bed w/ very nice bed linens.

Only down side to this hotel is very limited parking.

Enjoyed our stay ~~ will be back! :)

• Stayed December 2012
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Spent three days here at the end of October & loved it! The location was perfect, a couple blocks from the Santa Monica Pier and walking distance to Venice. It felt more like an apartment than a hotel, a little beach home away from home. This is the best, and I think the only, way to do Santa Monica on a budget. Not only are the rooms reasonably priced, but the refridgerators in the rooms are medium sized and can fit a good amount of food. If you're looking for luxury you've come to the wrong place. The walls are thin, the street is loud, they don't provide beach towels or beach cruisers. But the rooms are clean, the people are nice, the location is amazing, and you can stay three nights for the price of one. I loved it!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Albuquerque, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed at the Seaview for a wedding a few weekends ago. Somehow we managed to get their "Presidential Suite." It was very spacious and even had a kitchen! If I had known earlier we would have somewhere to cook, we would've gone to the grocery store or brought food from home. It's a great place to stay if you want to be in the center of Santa Monica and not pay over $200/night. The only down side is -- you get what you pay for. Windows and walls were extremely thin, so you could hear your neighbors and all of the crazy construction on Ocean Ave. They're also very minimal when it comes to shampoo, conditioner, soap, TP etc. Expect only soap and very, very cheap TP. You'll want to bring your own shampoo/conditioner, TP (if you need something softer than the single-ply super cheap stuff) and even wash cloths given that they only provide you with a couple of bath towels. All of this said, who spends all of their time in the hotel when they're literally steps from 3rd St. Promenade, the beach and the SM Pier? There's plenty to do, and the hotel is fine for a couple of days. Just remember to bring a few creature comforts and you'll be set.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Clean tidy rooms with all amenities. Excluding aircon, the nights on the coast are enough to cool the room quickly. Great location 2 minute walk to the beach. 5 mins to Santa Monica Pier. Why pay $400+ for a hotel room when you can pay around $125/night and have all u need. Really nice gardens, friendly staff. There is a little but of traffic noise early morning. Highly recommend!!

• Stayed October 2012
Clovis, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Well I had to come down to L.A from Fresno to pick up a good friend I've not seen in a long time at LAX. The plan was to stay in Santa Monica the night , see the beach, Hollywood the next day then drive home. Needless to say I wanted a nice place to stay close to beach but like many others I'm on a tight budget. Let me tell you we were so happily surprised. SeaView is a block from the beach about about 2-3 walking easy blocks from Santa Monica Pier. Gotta love that right?
We we pulled in I was a tad worried about finding a spot to park but no problem. There were plenty of spots behind Cora's Coffee off the road and safe. The staff in the office at SeaView was so nice and pleasant, our room was ready way earlier then check in and we were treated like we were their long lost friends. I loved that!
So the room was upstairs #16. Cute quaint room. Had a nice size bed, GREAT flat screen TV and even a little fridge (nice for wine and water). Bathroom actually had room for us two gals to get ready. Super super clean rooms, nice and quite too. The patio deck was also a nice little feature (it a common deck not private) to sit and hang in the evening with wine or morning with coffee.
I so wish we could of stayed more then one night BUT I will be back and next time with my husband cuz I am sure we'd have a very romantic long weekend.
Cora's coffee next store was good but REALLY expensive ($3.50 for a starbucks grande size plain ice tea) but coffee and tea was good.
The area was safe in a semi-residential area which I actually liked.
DO NOT go in to this hotel expecting Hilton but do expect kind people, quality service, GREAT LOCATION, comfortable bed, CLEAN rooms and an enjoyable stay. The only downfall I could find (if you can call it that ) is that the tub shower area is quite small but clean and worked well.
Here's an example of how much they care. I got home and couldn't find my flat iron and would of bet my paycheck I left on bed in room. I called and they said they didn't find it. But would go back and look again (mind you this is days later) and she did send someone to look TWICE trying desperately to help me. Well they didn't find :( I went and looked again and I'll be damned there it was in my backpack. I HAD to call back and tell them. She was so sweet thanking me for letting her know and was honestly glad I found. So kind!
Great trip ..am hoping to go back really soon. THANK you SeaView!

Room Tip: 16 was a great King Size room, but you MUST be able to do 2 flights of stairs. NO elevator. Front d...