“Great location at a good price” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Seaview Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Santa Monica
Seaview Hotel
You added Seaview Hotel to your Saves list
1760 Ocean Ave., Santa Monica, CA 90401   |
Ranked #26 of 34 Hotels in Santa Monica
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Great location at a good price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed at the Seaview for a wedding a few weekends ago. Somehow we managed to get their "Presidential Suite." It was very spacious and even had a kitchen! If I had known earlier we would have somewhere to cook, we would've gone to the grocery store or brought food from home. It's a great place to stay if you want to be in the center of Santa Monica and not pay over $200/night. The only down side is -- you get what you pay for. Windows and walls were extremely thin, so you could hear your neighbors and all of the crazy construction on Ocean Ave. They're also very minimal when it comes to shampoo, conditioner, soap, TP etc. Expect only soap and very, very cheap TP. You'll want to bring your own shampoo/conditioner, TP (if you need something softer than the single-ply super cheap stuff) and even wash cloths given that they only provide you with a couple of bath towels. All of this said, who spends all of their time in the hotel when they're literally steps from 3rd St. Promenade, the beach and the SM Pier? There's plenty to do, and the hotel is fine for a couple of days. Just remember to bring a few creature comforts and you'll be set.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Clean tidy rooms with all amenities. Excluding aircon, the nights on the coast are enough to cool the room quickly. Great location 2 minute walk to the beach. 5 mins to Santa Monica Pier. Why pay $400+ for a hotel room when you can pay around $125/night and have all u need. Really nice gardens, friendly staff. There is a little but of traffic noise early morning. Highly recommend!!

• Stayed October 2012
Clovis, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Well I had to come down to L.A from Fresno to pick up a good friend I've not seen in a long time at LAX. The plan was to stay in Santa Monica the night , see the beach, Hollywood the next day then drive home. Needless to say I wanted a nice place to stay close to beach but like many others I'm on a tight budget. Let me tell you we were so happily surprised. SeaView is a block from the beach about about 2-3 walking easy blocks from Santa Monica Pier. Gotta love that right?
We we pulled in I was a tad worried about finding a spot to park but no problem. There were plenty of spots behind Cora's Coffee off the road and safe. The staff in the office at SeaView was so nice and pleasant, our room was ready way earlier then check in and we were treated like we were their long lost friends. I loved that!
So the room was upstairs #16. Cute quaint room. Had a nice size bed, GREAT flat screen TV and even a little fridge (nice for wine and water). Bathroom actually had room for us two gals to get ready. Super super clean rooms, nice and quite too. The patio deck was also a nice little feature (it a common deck not private) to sit and hang in the evening with wine or morning with coffee.
I so wish we could of stayed more then one night BUT I will be back and next time with my husband cuz I am sure we'd have a very romantic long weekend.
Cora's coffee next store was good but REALLY expensive ($3.50 for a starbucks grande size plain ice tea) but coffee and tea was good.
The area was safe in a semi-residential area which I actually liked.
DO NOT go in to this hotel expecting Hilton but do expect kind people, quality service, GREAT LOCATION, comfortable bed, CLEAN rooms and an enjoyable stay. The only downfall I could find (if you can call it that ) is that the tub shower area is quite small but clean and worked well.
Here's an example of how much they care. I got home and couldn't find my flat iron and would of bet my paycheck I left on bed in room. I called and they said they didn't find it. But would go back and look again (mind you this is days later) and she did send someone to look TWICE trying desperately to help me. Well they didn't find :( I went and looked again and I'll be damned there it was in my backpack. I HAD to call back and tell them. She was so sweet thanking me for letting her know and was honestly glad I found. So kind!
Great trip ..am hoping to go back really soon. THANK you SeaView!

Room Tip: 16 was a great King Size room, but you MUST be able to do 2 flights of stairs. NO elevator. Front d...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Belfast
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Booked this hotel based on previous review and cost - it seemed one of the more affordable options in Santa Monica.
Highlights - location - easy access to Santa Monica pier/beach and downtown.
We also had an enjoyable walk along the coast to Venice beach from the hotel.

While the room was basic and the general style of the hotel is old-fashioned, the room had been given a makeover and looked recently redecorated and clean. The bed was very comfortable and kitchen had fridge, hob and microwave, although dishes weren't the cleanest.
The room had no air con but the fan was more than sufficient to keep it cool during our stay (September).
Only slight complaint as I see others have mentioned is the poor quality toilet paper!!
Shower head was very low but plenty of hot water so not a major issue.

I was slightly worried as we were beside both the road and the reception but had no issues with external noise once windows and patio doors closed.

The receptionist recommended Bruno's restauarnt just down the street which was excellent - so good we ate there twice!

Enjoyed my stay here and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights with a friend in September. The reception is a bit old-world, but the rooms have had an update. It's pretty basic, but the beds are clean and comfortable. The bathroom is ok - I am 6 foot tall, so found the shower head a little low, but that's ok. The kitchen is also a bit basic, and the dishes weren't sparkling, but it was nice to have the fridge/sink/table to use while we were there. There is no air con, so I probably wouldn't stay here in summer. That being said, it was mid 30s when we were there, and we managed ok with the fan. My friend flew into LAX very early, and they were able to check her in, which was great.

Room Tip: We requested a room away from the main road, but didn't get it, but it would be worth asking aga...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Rugby
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

And this is certainly in a fabulous one. 2 minutes from the beach, 5 minutes from Santa Monica Pier and about 7 minutes from 3rd street promenade. We sayed in Room 15, recently refurbished, it was clean and well decorated. A small kitchen with hob and fridge, a large bedroom with king bed and an ok bathroom, with hair dryer. No problem parking any of our 3 nights we were staying.

Only 2 criticisms - 1) no air conditioning and room got very hot - the fan provided helped; and 2) better quality toilet paper would be welcomed,

For the price this hotel is fantastic and I would recommend if saying in LA particularly if u want to be close to the beach.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Spokane, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Some people have had complaints about about the noise, but as someone who travels a lot I did not find the noise standing in the way of my sleeping. The lady at check in was nice, as was the gentleman who was there that made many suggestions about places to go. Cora's next door has delicious coffee, even though it is a few dollars more then places back home. The room it self was #8 and I found it to be very clean and for the price, nicely appointed. The private patio was an unexpected bonus! The pier and the beach are less then 5 minutes away when you take the private pathway down.

• Stayed August 2012

Been to Seaview Hotel? Share your experiences!