Hostelling International was the perfect base for my Santa Monica Stay, being ideally located and a place where I was lucky to meet great people both in my dorm room and at the breakfast table in the mornings! The hostel takes on the vibe of the city - it's relaxed and happy.
There's not much by way of planned activities, but there doesn't need to be in a city like Santa Monica where all you need to do is make some friends, hop on a bike and ride away - then get together for some drinks at the end of the day!
It had the most comfortable rooms of my entire stay in the USA and felt very safe too. I highly recommend it.
- Also Known As:
- Hostelling International - Los Angeles/Santa Monica Hotel Santa Monica
- Hostelling International - Los Angeles/Santa Monica Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- HI-Santa Monica hostel is set close to cafes, restaurants and movie theatres, and is only just two blocks from the beach. The J Paul Getty Center, with its spectacular art, architecture and views, is nearby. The hostel has been fully renovated with a fresh, new look. There is capacity for 260 guests and facilities include daily movies, internet access, kitchen, laundry and breakfast.Enjoy your stay at the Santa Monica hostel with easy access to Hollywood, Beverly Hills, UCLA, Venice, Malibu and downtown Los Angeles. A tour operator services the hostel, with daily excursions to Disneyland Resort, Universal Studios, and all the area's famed attractions. This location is the largest purpose-built hostel in the USA,just nine miles from Los Angeles International Airport (LAX). Come and check out Santa Monica. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, HostelBookers and HostelWorld so you can book your Hostelling International - Los Angeles/Santa Monica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.